The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What is the weather like where you are?

Saft · 115 · 10336

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Mostly cloudy but warm.  There is a slight chance of rain for most of this week.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Sunny and Very Warm.  At least at work I can cool myself down.  A part of me can't wait to go to the air conditioned building today, regardless of how much my job sucks. ;)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Should have been rainy today. It was cloudy but sometimes the sun broke through, no rain luckily :)

Dima02

• Petrie
    • View Profile

Jychara

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Black skies,dark,cool,nothing alse...because already night :lol

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
It rained today. It rained the day before. And it rained the day before the day before. And it rained the day before that. And it's going to rain tomorrow. And those pencil pushers predicted 5-7 hurricanes this year. So I won't be posting in this thread until September, when it stops raining.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It rained for five days straight, and just earlier this evening, the sun finally came out.  We had flash flood warnings issued yesterday, and could not give out boating permits today 'cuz the rivers were overflowing and dangerous.  The snow melting off the mountains in addition to the rainfall caused the rivers to overflow.

It felt so good to go for a run after my shift was over.  I hate bein' stuck indoors, especially for days on end :bang.

TJSoundSource

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/TJSoundSource
Just beautiful!

Haha we broke low-temperature records yesterday.

-32C ... -49C overnight with the wind chill factor.
(-49 C = -56 F)

Anyone else been colder than that? :p

It's been a "much nicer" -25C this evening, -30C with the wind. :p
(-30 C = -20 F)

...And it's supposed to be back up to 0 C (32 F) by Saturday. :p

I was out last night, coming home from a friend's house... Yeah, you don't want to be out when you're seeing -49 written anywhere. That's BLOODY FRICKING COLD! :p

I couldn't get a picture of the overnight temperature, but here's one of the morning's. As you can see, the evening is colder than the morning, and it just goes crazier as that night goes on.

Comeon, I'm sure somebody here is going through colder stuff than I am in southern Canada! Bring it on! :D

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Holy crap dude! That's just scary! :! I can't even tolerate temperatures below 30 F, nevermind -50 F! :P:

Bruton the Iguanodon

It's snowing, so school's been cancelled today and tuesday and wil be tommorow as well!  :lol:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Bruton the Iguanodon

Nope, the most I've been doing is shoveling walkways. Otherwise, I've been doing stuff like reading, playig the piano, and being here on the Gang of five. I'm not much for going out and playing in the snow, though it is nice to get some fresh air.  :D

TJSoundSource

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/TJSoundSource
Quote from: Littlefoot Fan,Jan 18 2012 on  09:17 PM
Holy crap dude! That's just scary! :! I can't even tolerate temperatures below 30 F, nevermind -50 F! :P:
And guess what: My car still started! :p

The Dark Patriot

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Not quite so bad on the other side of the Rockies (I live in southern British Columbia): Right now it's -19 C - it's hovered around there all day. Worst we had this week was -25 (-35 with the wind), I think. T'was a bit of a shock when this cold front came through, as we'd had record-breaking highs (10-plus in the middle of winter!) right before it.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It's 8C over here in Nova Gradiska and rather cloudy. The lowest temperature I remember was -23C overnight, without the wind chill factor, some 7 years ago. Croatia is perceived as a warm, sunny country, but the continental part, where I live, can have really cold winters.

crazedwriter

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://crazedwriter.lbbhost.com/index.html
Dang TJ, that's mighty cold. The last time it was -20 in Indianapolis was...I can't recall right now. :lol I do remember -27 in January '94. Bloody frackin' cold indeed. :blink: I couldn't even open the front door to get the mail. It was that cold.

Anyway, it's 25 F. here with about an inch of snow on the ground. We've been lucky so far this month, but things can change in the Midwest -- fast!  The forecast says 20 to 30% change of "wintry mix". Read freezing rain, sleet, and snow. Get thee to a supermarket pronto!  :D

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
I don't know the temperature, but it feels freezing where I am in England. And it's been raining almost non stop for a few days. No snow like I'd hoped...

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Only -10 degrees in C here right now (About 14 degrees in F, I believe). Been snowing the whole night and still going. :)

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
Fairly cool at the moment.  Has been pretty cold for the last couple of months.  Not like what I'm used to back home, but one day it actually snowed here in Kumamoto.  If only half a centimeter.  Now I think the temperature is starting to taper off at a good temp.  The humidity makes higher temperatures feel colder than they really are.