The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Hello again

Bron the Longneck

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Hello, fellow LBT fans!

As you might have deduced, I was a member here a short while ago under the name "Bruton the Iguanodon". Well, I had decided I wanted to go under a different name---the one I am under now. I re-regeistered using a different e-mail.

I am really sorry, however, if this is forbidden. If it is, I will leave quietly and allow my new account to be disabled.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
You're stubborn as a mule, Br(ut)on. :smile I'm not sure you can get away with this, but I'm always glad to see you here.

Bron the Longneck

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Thanks.

I thought I'd come back as Bron someday...seriously, I didn't plan on coming back so soon.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I didn't expect to see you back so soon, but it's great to see you back. :)
If you don't mind me asking, what drew you back here?

Bron the Longneck

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Well, I sort of gave myself the freedom to...I was restraining myself, but figured I wouldn't officially take a break from LBT until January...maybe. I ended up being drawn back into watching the parts of movie 10 with me---I mean, Bron in them, cause I really like the guy...like people here like Pterano. It's a strong attraction...

So this ISN'T  permanent thing. Yeah, I feel real stupid, setting up a new account and all. I just...god, I just wanted to be Bron. But I've sort of come to realize that it's not what you call yourself online or put as your avatar that makes you yourself. And the way I feel about Bron...yeah, it's that attraction to cartoon animals I'm still having a problem with.

I am so sorry about today. I feel terrible about it all. I did something sneaky and despicable, and came crawling back to something I'm trying to break. And I feel even worse if I tricked you into thinking I was coming back.

Well, I need to break this addiction, and sticking around isn't going to help. I know most of you will miss me, but it also matters how I feel about being here, and my days of enjoying being a part of the gang of five ended a while ago. I had a good run, but now almost nothing good comes of it. :(

I won't say goodbye, since I already did a month ago. Instead, I'll just say I'm sorry again. And if I feel that pull of attraction towards Bron or any other cartoon character, I'll force myself into putting my foot down and say, "NO!" It's harder than it sounds. I know it's alright with everyone here, but I hate it and won't accept it. And I feel HORRID right now doing this behind my mom's back. Even worse, when you guys unbanned me a year and a half ago!

Ugh...I feel terrible. Wish me luck somewhere else in life!

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
you are permitted only one account here bruton. either you return to your old account, and we ban this one, or we ban your old account and let you have this one. you cant have both.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Aye, straight from the shoulder I do find it a little annoying that after we told you that we are not permitting a name change and laying out the reasons why we don't to you you still feel you got to have it your way :huh:
For the sake of dear peace we are ready to go with that new account of yours on the condition that (after resizing your signature image to a size no higher than 250 pixels as required by the signature guidelines) you add a line to your signature which clearly identifies you as the holder of the Bruton account and a link to your old account page.
We pointed out to you as many members on the board that we appreciate your posts and your participation, but there are some rules you should keep and we would very much appreciate if you discontinued announcing your leaving then to return then to announce your leave again and so on. There are worse things in the world than feeling about a cartoon character the way you feel about Bron. So please come to terms with it and settle down. Preferably here on the GOF but in any case without this kind of game of annoucing your leaving just to return and announcing another leave in the same breath; I think this irritates people.

Bron the Longneck

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I don't want to be under this account for good. These feelings about Bron was a passing thing. You said I could either have my old one or this one...I want my old one.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
*facepalm*

Bruton/Bron you know that you're just destroying all the trust the GoF has in you, don't you? After having been unbanned and behaving like a good member since then, you're just risking being removed from this site for good, are you aware of that? The staff has better things to do than banning and unbanning accounts of yours all the time just because you constantly change your mind.

No offence meant...
Inactive, probably forever.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I did restore the Bruton account while setting the Bron account to validating. But everyone remember that one cannot have more than one identity at the GOF and that name changes cause mainly confusion.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
ducky is right bruton. you have to stick with something once you start.  if you wish to leave then fine , but dont make a movie production out of it. just go and we wish you the best. coming back under a different name is not something we admins take very kindly to, you're lucky you were upfront about who you were. this is the second time we have cut you some slack bruton, you are the only poster we have ever unbanned, but since then you've been all over the map..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: