The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ice Age 3

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ready for a third Ice Age, now with dinos?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I don't think it makes much sense, but hey, it'll probably make back its production costs and then some.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
^ Agreed, it definitely doesn't make sense.

However, I'll give this movie a shot, to me it looks funny, and it definitely looks better then the second one, in MO.

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Actually I am looking forward to see this movie.  Even if there are some aspects that are 'quizzical, I've always been a big fan of Ice Age.  Aiming to see it during the holidays with my sister.  

Incidently has anyone viewed the trailers and clips on the official website?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
My bet is that somehow Scrat with his acorn is going to bring about the the death of the last remaining dinosaurs ;)
The trailers I have seen were quite funny and if I find anyone to come along I'm going to watch it in the cinema.

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm definately gonna see this when does it officialy come out? July first?

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
I'm actually quite looking forward to this sequel. I've seen all of the Ice Age movies in the cinema so I guess it's only logically that I check out this one on the big sreen too. I've seen both the trailers and it looks like it's got the similar comical essences of the previous ones so I doubt it will disappoint me :) Probably won't be first in line for it but will get around to seeing it eventually me thinks  :D

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Like I said in our chat Jay, we may be able to watch it in 3D when you're over here (unless the two of us can't keep themselves from watching it earlier) ;)

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
I'm frustrated with what i've seen in trailers. Looks like Dream Works ran out of decent jokes.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I'm definitely interested.  I'll download it and as soon as I can make it to a Target, I'll buy it.  I don't get out much at all so if I waited till I could buy it, it would be about 2 months old. :p But Ice Age is pretty funny.  I can't wait to watch it. :D

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm definitely going to see it sometime. My sister is planning to go on the first of next month, but me and my brother won't be able to go with and she doesn't want to wait until we have free time to go with too.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'm go9ng to see it, if not on opening day, then within the first week.. It looks pretty good..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Saw this with my grandma....its ok.  Not as funny as the first or second ones.  I'm not going to spoil anything, but I feel the writers have run out of ideas, and there's really nowhere else they can go.  Hopefully this was the last.

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Saw this yesterday with my sister at the cinema (PathÈ).  Whilst it wasn't as funny as it's predecessors, it does have quite a few merits for it's self.  And I've actually began to appreciate the other characters than I did with Manny).  So, yes I do think it's worth to see but I do hope that it will be the last they make as if they continue they'll just ruin this franchise.  I would continue but I don't want to spoil it for anyone who wants to see it, so you'll just have to see for yourself and decide on your own opinion.:)

Tyrannosaur

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
i saw Ice Age 3 today.

it definitely wasnt as funny as the other 2 were, but was still a good movie all the same.

its all pretty much the same stuff as the previous 2 were, just the jokes are a bit more adult-orientated. i doubt most kids would get half the stuff that is in the movie.

story-wise its very basic, probably for younger audience's sake. i wont reveal any of it due to spoilers though :).

i think the one thing that does make it alot better is the dinosaur animations. most of them are given alot of character and not portrayed as just huge creatures looking to eat everything in site.

but me, im a dinosaur fanboy so i sort of decided i was gonna automatically like the movie simply because it has dinosaurs in it lol.

i rate it overall a 8/10. alot of critics are bashing it hard it seems. dont take their comments seriously, go see it and enjoy having a laugh with family/friends :).

peace.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Might not be the last Ice Age!

I read the fourth is taking place in our time!  :D

raichu

• Ruby
    • View Profile
im going to see this movie today  i will watch this movie all by myself

Chomper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
i saw it yesterday and i thought it was ok but the other 2 were better

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Saw it today, and it really wasn't as good as I thought it would be..  a lot of the jokes were adult in nature, and  were predictable too.. a lkot of questions were left unanswered, and the plot imo was pretty thin..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
I think, we should call it "Shrek syndrome": original movie is good, first sequel is awesome, next sequels are mature-oriented and less funny. :)