The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

I officially have the RROD!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, I dreaded that this day would come, but my XBox 360 has the RROD. :( (To make the understanding simple, it's dead!)

And yes, it is the RROD.  3 Flashing Lights. -_-

I'll be sending it in to Microsoft on Wednesday.

Until it gets returned, no Mass Effect 2, no Brutal Legend and no Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing!

Yeah, just what I needed to add on to my already lousy day. :boohoo

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Aww man, that sucks, I had that quite some time ago myself, but I got it fixed up anyway and so far, no real problems with it, save for at times, the 360 not wanting to read the disc that I actually put in there....

Oh, and on another random note, just saw a random add at the bottom of the page to do with the RROD :lol:

But yeah, hope you do get it fixed soon enough ^^

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
RROD is the stupidest console problem ever.  The 360 has been out for three years and Micto$oft has yet to correct the problem.  It is caused when the clamps holding the heat sinks in place become warped.  I mean, all they'd have to do is find a more reliable way of holding the heat sinks in place and that would stop the RROD for the most part.  It has other causes as well but the most common is the heat sink issue.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I think I heard that the latest X-Box 360 are less likely to get Red Rings Of Death, but I'm not sure how accurate that claim is.

Tyrannosaur

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
The new 360s all come with what is called the Jasper motherboard, which is supposed to be less susceptible to the RROD.

ive had a couple 360s in my time, and have also experienced the RROD. not very fun. hopefully you'll get yours back promptly.

peace

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Well they said they fixed it ahwile back, and said it shouldn't happen any more to new 360's.

On another note..I want Mass Effect 2..should probably go get that.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, today's the day that I have to send my 360 to Microsoft. It's not under the 1 year warranty, but it's still under the 3 year warranty for this specific problem. So, I'm covered. :)

I can't believe how easy Microsoft makes this. They give all the information needed right on the label they provide to you to print out. From there, you just need the proper packaging and have it shipped by UPS. (It's so simple, a part of me is thinking that I should get this problem more often, but then again, that would suck even more. :P: )

I'll be shipping it later today. Until then, see ya!

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Mine got the red ring of death like months ago, and because we opened it up to try and fix it ourselves, we voided the warranty and now we can't even pay the company to fix it.

Word to the wise: Never bother trying to fix it yourself. I don't care what kind of miraculous fixes you read or saw on youtube, 9 out of 10 times it ends up only fixing it temporarily, and/or usually ends of damaging your console further in the process.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, I've shipped it out.  Now, I just have to wait. :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Good luck.  I've heard & read bad things about that console.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, I have gotten back my XBox 360 and it works once again. :)

I'm so happy.  If it didn't come back, I would have nothing to do this weekend.  I'm now looking forward to my off day.

Oh, and I love the XBox Live Card they give you for your troubles.  Who wouldn't? :D

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That's good to hear you got your Xbox 360 back.  And yes, I remember getting one of those cards as well, although, I didn't need it myself at the time, since I believe I was still a gold member then :lol: