The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Journey of the Brave (LBT 14)

Mumbling · 763 · 122068

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Whoa... that opening, those feels  :cry
Uh, also spoilers, I guess.

They pulled that off really really well, actually. They gave a good, short summary of The Great Migration, introduced Bron to anyone who didn't know him, and explained how much Littlefoot wants to see his father.  And really, it's only once every year Bron comes around? Damn-- poor Littlefoot. Really makes you feel for him and how much these visits mean to him!

Oh, and I think this is the 4th time Littlefoot's mother is ever mentioned? Today's the Day works because the emotions behind it are well earned through the narration. And Littlefoot's voice actor does a damn good job at making Littlefoot sound really, really excited that his dad is coming home.

This exceeded my expectations by a wide margin! Only thing I'm a bit iffy on is Wild Arms. Maybe he'll grow on me, but right now I'm getting a bit too much 'yellowbelly' vibe off of him. Also looks like this does take place after the show, so we're not gonna get to see how Chomps and Ruby came to the valley. That's fine-- if this does well, maybe they'll show it in a future film!

SuperGameWarrior101

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: somerandomfangirl,Jan 27 2016 on  01:03 AM
WARNING: Although they have been blacked out, THIS POST CONTAINS SPOILERS AND LINKS LEADING TO SPOILERS.

So... Universal's uploaded the first 10 minutes of the film to JOTB's page.

Uhh... I was so torn on whether to watch it or not but in the end I only watched the first bit (the opening narration), and WOW!

They actually tell the audience that Littlefoot's mother is dead! Within the first 2 minutes this film already has a strong reference to the original film. I am impressed! They also explain where Bron came from, and basically tell us what happened at the end of LBT 10. I won't go into much else now since I don't really have time, plus if you want you can just watch it yourselves. :p But yeah, so far, it looks promising!
Could someone try to put it on Youtube as I'm having trouble watching it.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
srsl? 10 minutes of 80 minutes movie? plus clips?

why do they do things like this?..

*not going to watch*

hope somebody will translate movie to my language therer soon after release.

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Could someone PM me what happened because this morning I had the same problem as SuperGameWarrior101.

EDIT: By the way, I have been looking at this page for a while, and this film's popularity has grown, I feel hype  :lol

For some reason, I believe this may be one of the best sequels, but we'll have to see.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Quote from: somerandomfangirl,Jan 27 2016 on  01:03 AM
WARNING: Although they have been blacked out, THIS POST CONTAINS SPOILERS AND LINKS LEADING TO SPOILERS.

Uhh... I was so torn on whether to watch it or not but in the end I only watched the first bit (the opening narration), and WOW!

They actually tell the audience that Littlefoot's mother is dead! Within the first 2 minutes this film already has a strong reference to the original film. I am impressed! They also explain where Bron came from, and basically tell us what happened at the end of LBT 10. I won't go into much else now since I don't really have time, plus if you want you can just watch it yourselves. :p But yeah, so far, it looks promising!
Where's the video? I'm thinking about watching it, but I clicked the link and I can't see such a video anywhere.

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Where's the video? I'm thinking about watching it, but I clicked the link and I can't see such a video anywhere.

It's one of the thumbnails at the bottom-- the one on the farthest right.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
I'm having the same problem, I don't see any thumbnails on the bottom at all. Just a clip of littlefoot with some raptor guys. Maybe it's a browser issue?

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Aaaaaand I'll just wait for my DVD or BR whatever it is to come in instead

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
That's really odd. The videos were there a few hours ago because I watched the whole thing in the end, but now they've disappeared on my end, too. The clip with the sharpteeth is one of two different clips that have been uploaded to the Facebook page. There was a section in between the synopsis and 'Find out more' section which held all of the clips that had been uploaded to YouTube as well as the 10 minute preview. I don't know what's happened since then but I've checked on my phone, and different browsers on my laptop. They just simply aren't there any more... for me, anyway. :p Maybe the website's having issues.

If anyone desperately wants to know what happens in the first 10 minutes send me a PM and I'll try my best to get back to you before the weekend.  :yes

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
I've just seen the clip of Littlefoot and co hiding from the 2 sharpteeth. And one thing in that clip (and that other clip were Petrie fainted) that really bugged me was the use of cartoony sound effects....
If their trying to make up for the bull sh** from LBT 13 and the TV then this is defiantly the wrong move. It's bad enough they used silly sound effects here and there in earlier films, but from what I've seen this film has more silly sound effects then any other.
And in my opinion silly sound effects don't go with LBT. They can be ok if there used subtly in actually comical scene. But in that clip they were hiding from meat eaters, it should have been scary and suspenseful.  I mean imagine if say the first movie had silly sound effects when Littlefoot's mum is fighting off Sharptooth? It would ruin the scene!
There's more to kids media then silly sounds!

If I were the big chesses of the film I'd fire the sound editor for that.

Sorry to be soo negative. But I have a gut feeling I'm gonna be very disappointed with this new movie judging from what I've seen and heard so far... Just like I was with other personal media related disappointments, like Red Dwarf back to earth, Jurassic Park 3, The phantom menaces or the dr who episode Asylum of the daleks...

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Uh, spoilers I guess? :p

Sorry to disappoint you, but if the first 10 minutes are any indication, then cartoony sound effects are going to be used a lot in this film. It does sound out of place, but I thought it was quite funny that they decided to use them. Plus, compared to the rest of the film, the sound effects are really a small thing. They're there, but it's really not something to be upset about. The film itself looks like a huge step up from the last film, the animation is pretty good for a direct-to-DVD movie, and for me there were more 'feels' in the opening narration alone than from most other LBT movies - which is certainly a big plus. Wild Arms is one thing I'm still unsure about, as he does seem almost as crazy as the yellowbellies, but I don't really mind since it looks like he's not going with the gang and so won't be an in-your-face-all-the-time character like the yellowbellies were.

With this being the first LBT film in 8 years, and with a completely different set of people working on it, we have to expect a few changes. Some we'll like and some we won't, but we just gotta roll with it. I'm just happy that we're getting something else to end the series on that isn't Wisdom of Friends, and I can safely say that JOTB is already a big improvement on that. Also, those that have started posting reviews of JOTB have said some good things so far, so I'm keeping my hopes up.

Anyways, I have some good-ish news. My phone still had a tab up of the webpage from yesterday that hosted the clips, and I managed to get the 10 minute preview to work again! I have managed to record it... unfortunately since it was on my phone I had to use my camcorder, so the quality isn't the best and there's a lot of camera-shake because the camcorder kept slipping and I was holding my phone up (I'm not the professional recording type :lol ). But if you guys wanna see it, I'll see what I can do about uploading it.  :yes

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
Just letting you guys know that until I watch it, I'm not reading this thread again :p
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Quote from: somerandomfangirl,Jan 28 2016 on  09:29 AM
But if you guys wanna see it, I'll see what I can do about uploading it.  :yes
I wouldn't mind watching it! It's probably going to take forever to get here, the roads are still all messed up from the blizzard.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Here you go!
Here you go!

Again, I can only apologise for the quality here, but it's just lucky that I managed to get it working on my phone in the first place! :p The video has been set as unlisted so you can only access it via the link above, but if there are any problems, let me know.

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
I've noticed lately that haters have been around saying stuff like: "JUST DIE ALREADY!" Although people have been successfully combating the hate.

I like that.

Again, I have a feeling this yearly-sequel thing is gonna start up again. This brings more possibilities for fans.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

SuperGameWarrior101

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: somerandomfangirl,Jan 28 2016 on  07:14 PM
Here you go!
Here you go!

Again, I can only apologise for the quality here, but it's just lucky that I managed to get it working on my phone in the first place! :p The video has been set as unlisted so you can only access it via the link above, but if there are any problems, let me know.
Nice.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Quote from: somerandomfangirl,Jan 28 2016 on  07:14 PM
Here you go!
Here you go!

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I decided to watch it.

All I've gotta say without being spoiler-y is that this movie looks like a really good step up from LBT XIII. :D

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Hypnobrai,Jan 28 2016 on  08:48 PM
I've noticed lately that haters have been around saying stuff like: "JUST DIE ALREADY!" Although people have been successfully combating the hate.

I like that.

I've been noticing that, too.  Thankfully, the FB crowd is pretty peaceful :yes.

Haters gonna hate, we all know that.  I just shake my head and wonder how these people have nothing better to do.  Speaking of that, I hope the new film doesn't attract more hatefics to Fanfiction.  I'd love to see lots of cool new fics, but no hate-fueled trash please :p .