The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Why not Jigglypuff?
Well i never really liked Jigglypuff as a Pokemon, and it seemed like such a weird choice of pokemon out of the 151 they could choose from when the first Smash was released. I think Mewtwo was a better Pokemon to add in Melee. I'm not saying that they shouldn't be in the game, but i don't think it would be a interesting character choice for me. You never know though, Wario might surprise me he might be an exellent character to play as, i'm just not to fond of him.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Pikachu, Pichu, Jigglypuff, and Mewtwo were the playable PokÈmons in Super Smash Bros. Melee. I actually think that Pichu was the weirdest choice to include, as Pikachu is already in the game, so why pick a different evolutionary stage? There were better choices. Jigglypuff actually doesn't seem to out of place for me. Besides, I've used it twice to do the infamous Event Match 51 with no falls using the famed "Jigglypuff strategy."

As I remember hearing, so far, Pikachu is the only confirmed PokÈmon to appear in Brawl.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Pikachu, Pichu, Jigglypuff, and Mewtwo were the playable PokÈmons in Super Smash Bros. Melee.
I know all the characters, i actually forgot all about pichu though, i don't think i have ever played as pichu. I would have to agree on you Manny that Pichu was a weird choice.

Besides, I've used it twice to do the infamous Event Match 51 with no falls using the famed "Jigglypuff strategy."
I never tried to beat event match 51 with no falls, i would probably get too frusterated. I have beaten it twice though, once with Link and another with Ganondorf.

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
I'm good as Pikachu/Pichu :p but that's off topic

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, if you ever want to know who's on it, check out this page: http://www.smashbros.com

Just click on charcters, and you'll see who's all there is so far.  Of course, months ago Nintendo promised 50+, and I expect them to keep such a promise.  Even if it means yet another delay. :^.^:

Oh, and a little nitpicking question.  Can you guess what nickname many SSB fans give Jigglypuff? :D

akida

• Ruby
    • View Profile
... lets just say I love my Wii very much. And it was cheaper than the PS3 or XBOX 360. 83

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Funnily enough, my Wii is the very first console I've actually gone out and purchased myself! All my other consoles were shared presents with siblings for Xmas or birthday presents. I've had my Wii since my recent birthday and I love it!

Games list:

Resi 4 (actually own all versions of resi 4 on all formats LOL  :DD )
Zelda:TP
Red Steel
Big Brain Academy
Sonic & Secret Rings
Wii Sports
Wii Play

As with the majority of Wii owners (and soon to be owners) all the raved about games I'm gunning for too. Metroid 3, SSBB, Mario Galaxy, Umbrella Chronicles etc. I do hope that some of the other games coming out for the other formats will make an appearance on the Wii.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
More than once, I've heard the Wii referred to as a "GameCube with a fancy controller". Comments like these won't detour me from getting a Wii someday, but I have to wonder about the comments, the people making the comments, and the console itself....

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It's a well known fact the Wii has been slammed as being "a cutesy gimmick" but I am one who is all for it!  :DD And for those who prefer not to use the Remote and Nunchuk, there are ways around it in most cases.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
What about the big hit game coming First Quarter 2008, Mario Kart Wii?  What do you guys think of that one?

I'm definately looking forward to it.  I'm really hoping Toadette will be in it. :)

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Aug 23 2007 on  08:11 PM
I'm really hoping Toadette will be in it. :)
*buys a vowel*

Yeah, I've got all of the Mario Kart games to date, so this will be a natural when it I actually get a Wii, and when it comes out.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Funnily enough, my Wii is the very first console I've actually gone out and purchased myself! All my other consoles were shared presents with siblings for Xmas or birthday presents.
heh heh same here. I've always slpit the cost between my two brothers, but now that one of them has moved and the other bought a 360 i was left to buy the Wii by myself. But that doesn't really bother me that much.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Has anyone checked out the new gameplay footage and displays at the latest E3? There were quite a lot in regards to Metroid 3, Mario Galaxy and a few others. Check out Gamespot or IGN.com for some of the updated vids. Doesn't Metroid 3 hit the US shelves pretty soon? We've got October as our expected release but I'm sure it's in America's stores in the next few weeks.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Has anyone checked out the new gameplay footage and displays at the latest E3?
I've been reading the hands-on editorials and its supposed to be really awesome and have the best FPS console controls ever.

Doesn't Metroid 3 hit the US shelves pretty soon? We've got October as our expected release but I'm sure it's in America's stores in the next few weeks.
more like tomorrow or tuesday actually and i'm really phyched for its release. Has any one seen the videos on the Metroid Prime 3 Preview channel you can download on your Wii? It looks like Mother Brain might actually be in the game.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Flathead770,Aug 26 2007 on  09:11 PM
Has any one seen the videos on the Metroid Prime 3 Preview channel you can download on your Wii? It looks like Mother Brain might actually be in the game.
I haven't seen the vids myself, but I wouldn't be one bit surprised if Mother Brain actually is in the game.  After all, she is the classic Metroid villian. :^.^:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
So here's a question:
Who else is STILL having a hard time finding a Wii in their hometown?  Our stores are still out of stock 24/7, even with supplies coming in regularily.  After this long, the system is still selling like snowballs in July!  I want my Wii but I cant' get one! :P:

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: action9000,Sep 13 2007 on  12:26 AM
So here's a question:
Who else is STILL having a hard time finding a Wii in their hometown?  Our stores are still out of stock 24/7, even with supplies coming in regularily.  After this long, the system is still selling like snowballs in July!  I want my Wii but I cant' get one! :P:
You're better off buying one on-line.  That's what I had to do to get mine. :)

Hey Wii lovers, check out this vid here.  Trust me, you'll love it! :^.^:

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
You're better off buying one on-line. That's what I had to do to get mine. smile.gif

Doesn't help.  I bought mine off Wal-Mart.com and when it was supposed to arrive in a week I had to wait two for them to get more Wiis so they could ship mine.  <_<

Hey Wii lovers, check out this vid here. Trust me, you'll love it! happy.gif

lol  Game Jew.  I've already seen this video because he comes from the same site as Angry Video Game Nerd and Sidescrollers and all that fun stuff.  Screwattack.com rules!!

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well after a bit of effort to figure out when the Wii stock was coming in at a local store, I was *Finally* able to pick one up! :D

2 remotes, 1 nunchuk (the 2nd remote came with Wii Play)
Wii Sports
Wii Play
Mario Party 8
Charging Station (no batteries for me! :p)

I'm trying to convince my friends to buy their own Wii remote sets because they're so expensive :p

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Congradulations, action9000.  Have fun playing THE hottest console around. :^.^:

Any other games you plan on getting in the future? :)