The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Zoo Tycoon (all)

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
How many people here play it? Anoyone hear of it? If so, (as I usually would say), thoughts?

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Weather_lord_7,Dec 30 2007 on  10:09 PM
How many people here play it? Anoyone hear of it? If so, (as I usually would say), thoughts?
I play it! ever set all your animals loose?

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
That's one of the funnest parts.  :lol:

I barricade the exit first before anything of the sort. :lol

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: Weather_lord_7,Dec 31 2007 on  12:07 AM
That's one of the funnest parts.  :lol:

I barricade the exit first before anything of the sort. :lol
LOL! So do I. XD I would flood it first, then put all kinds of fences in the way and put in crocs. That way no one can get out. XD

Then I would set it up so that the entire zoo is one big exhibit, then I would buy so many animals and place them all over the place, then unpause the game (yeah I pause it first) and just watch the chaos unfold. XD

I actually have a vid online somewhere of me goofing around with Zoo Tycoon.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I played it for a while as the game (including both expansion packs) came as a bonus with a laptop my Dad bought. With the dinosaur expansion pack I build up a park named "The land before time" and I used to give the different cages names according to the species in the cages such as: "Littlefoot's lare", "Cera's cave", "Petrie's perch", "Ducky's Den", and "Spike's shelter" (yes, I like alliterations, even half ones ;)).
However, it never took me long to run down the park. I really suck at economic simulations and I hope that it does not predict the way I'm going to walk down in business life :unsure:

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
lol sounds like some of you love to torture and kill your customers :lol . As for me, i've never been fond of the games like Tycoon and Sim City for the same reason as Malte.

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
One of the things I like to do is build a cage, block the entrance, and put some whiny, hungry guests in there. The Human exhibit, like the one in London or somewhere like that.  :lol

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Yep. Sometimes I even put water in there and watch them swim around. Hehe, God I'm sadistic with the little guests. :lol:

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm sadistic with the park in general. XD Sometimes, I would either put animals in cages so small they can't even move around, or I would make larger pens and pack them up with so many animals they can't move around. Then I release them and watch the chaos unfold. And each time, in about a minute, or even less, I get a message saying I can't adopt anymore animals until I improve their living conditions. :p

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I used to play Zoo Tycoon all the time. In fact the only one I really do like is the original. The new ones just aren't the same.

And I used to do alot of that stuff too like release the animals on the guests :lol Aahh good times

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
The greatest thing to do is either put, in the area with most guests:

1. A whole bunch of big cats.

2. Wolves

3. A T-Rex