The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

I Can't Wait to Move on

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I'm so anxious for Windows 7 to finally come out.  Did you know it'll probably be out by the end of the year?  Microsoft is working towards 100% driver integration into Windows 7 for most drivers, and the rest will be available via Windows Update.  No more spending forever downloading and looking for drivers! :D I just downloaded a customized version of Windows 7 (Windows 7 Black Edition) just to see what the hackers would come up with for improvements and I wasn't very impressed.  I must say Microsoft has outdone themselves this time.  Even us hackers couldn't even improve on it too much!

I still have my old Windows 7 test machine, but I made a new one.  This one only has 64mb of graphics memory and I must say you can tell.  This is a little depressing.  I've got awesome dual-core laptops with only 64mb of graphics memory and if this is how they're gonna perform under Windows 7......let's just say I'll be selling 'em soon.

I must say that after I've been on my Windows 7 testing machine for awhile, when I go back to one of my Vista or XP machines, my first thought is "ugh, this is ugly". :p 7 is just so pretty!  But the best thing about it is everything works.  Almost all my drivers were automatically installed in my test machine and neither Vista or XP could have done that.  The only thing that didn't install was my audio controller, but that's just because there's no Windows 7 driver for it yet.

I'm very impressed with Windows 7's new version of Internet Explorer and its new version of Windows Media Player.  Sure WMM is a resource hog, but at least MS had the sense to integrate AVI codecs this time around. :rolleyes: I might actually use IE a little more once Windows 7 comes out.  Right now I only use it during web design when I'm testing my pages on different browsers.  Media Center could use a little work.  It's a HUGE resource hog....though it might be my bad graphics that's making it seem kinda slow.

But anyways, I'm pumped and ready for Windows 7.  I want it now!  Screw this Beta crap.  I want the full version.  I wish MS would hurry it up without sacrificing the quality of their work.  That'd be so nice. :D

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Just call up Bill on the phone and demand it.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
This thing is like a Gold Mine how you are describing it.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I still have Vista. It is a piece of pure evil.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: jedi472,Mar 17 2009 on  05:10 PM
I still have Vista. It is a piece of pure evil.
Tell me about it!  I'm fed up with it being on my laptop.  Give me Windows 7 now!  I don't care if it's not finished!  I want it! :P:

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I never understood why everyone hates vista so much, i've had it since the beginning and i've loved it.  Never had a problem with it.  Anyway, I'm looking foward to win 7 as well, I have the beta installed on a partition but I haven't really used it since I can't the drivers for my wireless adapter to work with it  :cry