The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Favorite movie 5 son?

Guest · 17 · 2654

Kron the Iguanadon

What was you favorite movie 5 song? I remember when I first watched it I loooved Big Water and Always There but thought Friends for Dinner was pure lame; bad singing and tune, which prevented it from being all that fun, and rather disturbing lyrics. Even the part where the dad t-rex is like, "Sometimes i worry about that boy!" couldn't save it. Well, the second half of the movie, with Chomper, was pretty bad in my opinion.

The other 2 though were amazing. Big water was just awesome, espicially with the slick instrumental intro. Some weird visualls, i might add (the first time LBT ever did anything of the sort), but still awesome. This song should nothave been reused (twice, might I add.)

And then there's "Always There". Pretty much the crowning glory of 5, it warmed my heart when I was little just like it does today. Littlefoot mentioning his mom in the last verse...too sad and beautiful for words! This song was a really nice moment between our beloved gang, sharing their feelings of how they know what it's liked to be loved. And if you want a really good version of this song (some people can't stand kid voices) check out this accapella version on youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hNOnuAEGqA

But like I said earlier, Friends for dinner sucked. The other two may have been too much to live up to, but without this song 5 would have suffered much less. But these are just my thoughts. What about yours? (please reply, it's my first topic ever, I just joined 2day! :)

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Always there.

I'm pretty sure that will be the favorite of almost everyone here XD

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I liked all the songs from this movie, but Always There was always my favorite, with Big Water in second and Friends for Dinner last.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Friends for Dinner is my favorite, because it's just so different from any other LBT song. It's a song about something pretty gruesome sung in a funny and lighthearted way.

also, it's a Chomper song, so that's a plus ;)
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
"Always There" was also standing out for including the first ever acknowledgement of the existence of Littlefoot's mother who is otherwise largely ignored in the sequels. Especially in those sequels including Chomper one would expect there to be some kind of conflict of conscience for Littlefoot, but unfortunately they never elaborated that option.
I like the accapella version you found. Do you know the singer?
We've created our own version of Always there here in the GOF a long time ago (it's sung by Petrie (the founder of the forum), action9000 (our music expert) and me).

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Usually it is the more emotionally touching songs of LBT that tend to stand out amongst the others. "Always There" was a nicely crafted song which was stirring but in a good way. I like the play on words of "Friends for Dinner" but Always There gets the tick from me :)

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Always There" is my favourite. Though "Big Water" is interesting. Especially the scene when the Gang were transformed into various sea creatures.

Kron the Iguanadon

Especially the scene when the Gang were transformed into various sea creatures

Oh yeah, that was kinda random but it definitely stands out as a childhood memory! Hilarious transformation, and it makes me realize I'm glad that they're cute dinosaurs instead. :)

Wow...I would probably eat raw eggs before saying that in front of anyone I know. But here I'm so nice and annonymous that it doesn't matter! Man, I sure love being a member here! :)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I don't really like any of the songs anymore. Years ago, my favorite song was Big Water, though.

PanickyPetrie14

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.furaffinity.net/user/dozyslumbers
"Always There" was my very favorite song in LBT V

I was like, singing that song frequently. I find that song relaxing and calming to the soul, the background music in "Always There" is just wonderful, and perfect for the type of music I love. And the way the gang sang it was very beautiful. I was on the look for the instrumental version of that song, but I can't find it anywhere. The lyrics were also great, it's about remembering the things their parents have done.

My signature even has lyrics from that song.  :smile

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
This is so easy. "Always There", one of the best songs of the franchise.

Path Light

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
'Friends for dinner' is my favourite LBT 5 song.
I like to watch Dino Squad, Street Sharks, Sabrina's Secret Life, Extreme Dinosaurs, Sonic Underground, Transformers Prime, Power Rangers, Yugioh, Phineas and Ferb, Digimon, Cardfight Vanguard, Land Before Time (14 Films and TV Series) and I like to play Zuma Deluxe

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I go with the majority :D Always There is just such great a song. The heartwarming lyrics plus the really good visuals make it one of the best LBT songs :yes
While I know that some people around here don't like Friends for Dinner I must say it's a pretty funny song as well... Although the singing and the melody isn't as great as the other two songs' melody it has the funniest lyrics :lol

Why nobody voted for Big Big Big Big Water???  :huh: it's a great song, I do not understand, no, no, no!  :smile
Probably it's because Always There is such a good song that it outstands Big Water though it's a pretty cool song, pretty catchy and funny lyrics and visuals, and one of the high rated songs as well...
Inactive, probably forever.

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Probably it's because Always There is such a good song that it outstands Big Water
Exactly. :)

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Always There easily, with "Big Water" second and "Friends for Dinner" third.

Always There referred back to Little Foot's mom, the lyrics are touching, and the tune simply subtle and sweet sounding.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well...my first post, and I guess the place where I'll post what might be my last (I change my mind on things a ton...)

If you miss me, just remember...I'm always there.

SkyColor-TreeSweets

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Definitely "Always There" is the greatest song in LBT 5. I think this song is one of the best in the whole series. It is probably the close second favorite of mine next to "No One Has to be Alone" (or close third if you count "If We Hold On Together"). It seems a lot of the slower softer LBT songs are great.