The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Different version of the Stone of Cold Fire landing scene?!?

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
Okay, so while looking through LBT videos on YouTube to get screenshots for award banners yesterday, I came across a compilation that had some LBT 7 clips in it. I was really surprised when there was a version of the stone landing scene that's totally different from what's on the DVD I have! The stone in this new version looks like a yellow fireball, it doesn't land directly on top of Threehorn Peak, and there's a huge flash of gold light after it gets out of Littlefoot's view. Did someone edit this, or are there two different versions of the scene?? Check it out at about 1:23 in the video below...

[youtube]https://youtu.be/3UBXwS29ZZk?t=85[/youtube]

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Funny enough, when the Discord stream of 7 happened, this was the version that was used. Completely took me by surprise as well! Seems a lot less cold when it's not blue  :PCera

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Wow, it really has different colors at least!
Wonder who spent his time editing this and why... If it was later edit, not some oldest original version, then they kinda ruined the scene. Now Littlefoot's talks about how he has seen "unusual" stone, with blue fire and such things, would confuse viewers.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 04:30:04 AM by Sneak »
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Yeah, they didn't bother to edit Littlefoot's dialogue to reflect the change.  :rainbowThinking Also I find it hard to believe that Littlefoot was the only one who saw it in this version. It's so bright, someone else could have easily have their sleep disrupted by this.  :RubyAngry

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Well, maybe adults threw a big intense party about arrival of valley guests, so they were tired so hard so they were sleeping like dead.   :thinking
But actually, it is not single cartoon, book or movie where some event happens in such place that it HAS to be seen by more than single person.  :areyouserious.

and srsl, I can't see a SINGLE reason why they spent their time to edit this scene...
Now I wonder, if there's more such edits somewhere.
6/14
0/26

Little Bro

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Here's my question, what does the stone look like when the gang gets to it at the end of the movie? Is it yellow or blue?  :rainbowThinking
Go Chomper!

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Wonder who spent his time editing this and why... If it was later edit, not some oldest original version, then they kinda ruined the scene. Now Littlefoot's talks about how he has seen "unusual" stone, with blue fire and such things, would confuse viewers.

That was exactly what weirded me out about this! Littlefoot flat-out SAID the stone was blue! Why on earth would someone want to change its color? And whoever edited it didn't even do a very good job, because now it looks like it's landing somewhere behind Threehorn Peak instead of right on top.

Now I wonder, if there's more such edits somewhere.

Now that I've thought more about this, I recall something similar happening in a LBT 4 DVD. When I was younger, I had a videotape of LBT 4, but when I started replacing my old LBT tapes, I bought a DVD version of that movie. This version looked identical to my original video version. HOWEVER: to finish my DVD collection more efficiently, I ended up buying a DVD set that included some other LBT DVDs I didn't have. I got a duplicate LBT 4 with that, but it still overall ended up being a better deal than buying each of the other movies individually. One day when I watched the LBT 4 from THAT set, I noticed the Night Flowers had been edited to look more yellow. Thank goodness I still have the original version of that movie on my other DVD, because having the flowers go from their pretty silvery color to BRIGHT yellow kind of ruined them.

And on the back of some LBT DVD cases, screencaps showing the Gang have fallen victim to similar edits. Just look at how oversaturated everyone's coloring is:

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Well, characters' recoloring on covers is "normal" thing for LBT material. XD Like, why Littlefoot is brows in all covers and some illustrations and books is №1 mystery of all the time for me.  :thinking

About night flowers: wow! Would like to find both versions in internet to see it with my eyes...

Edit:

In what scene they were more yellow than usual? During their discovery? Or during all the time gang carried them to the valley?

Edit2:

Found some pictures in internet.
Is that it, Rainbow?

« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 05:07:14 PM by Sneak »
6/14
0/26

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Wow, great find! Thanks for sharing this with us, Rainbow. I have never seen this golden version before.

Funny enough, when the Discord stream of 7 happened, this was the version that was used. Completely took me by surprise as well!

Oh, that is also quite interesting indeed. I wonder why it appears different in some versions. Is it a regional difference, perhaps? Or does it depend on how old or recent the particular DVD release was? The animation on this yellow version appears fancier and more elaborate, so it seems that the yellow version is the more recent one.

Seems a lot less cold when it's not blue  :PCera

Hehe, yeah. Now it's the Stone of Perfectly Normal Fire.
:PAli

Here's my question, what does the stone look like when the gang gets to it at the end of the movie? Is it yellow or blue?  :rainbowThinking

It's blue at the end, but my DVD version is the one where is also appears blue at the beginning. Although I'm guessing that it still appears blue at the end even in the versions where it starts off appearing yellow?

That was exactly what weirded me out about this! Littlefoot flat-out SAID the stone was blue! Why on earth would someone want to change its color? And whoever edited it didn't even do a very good job, because now it looks like it's landing somewhere behind Threehorn Peak instead of right on top.

Lol, yeah, they kinda dropped the ball there. At the very least, though, I like the way the yellow light reflects off Littlefoot's face, and then across the mountains as it passes by. That was a cool effect.

Also, as a side note, I love how uncreative they were with the name of the video. "New Compilation" :p
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 05:15:37 PM by StardustSoldier »

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I have to admit it looked cool. But I felt like there were better ways to edit it (Keeping it blue and having it land on threehorn peak). The nightflowers looked more pretty in the orginal in my opinion. The blue glow felt more magical.

"New compilation"? This is all old stuff. XD

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The blue glow felt more magical.
I still think the yellow glow has a neat effect all of its own. But... yeah, I agree. Blue was a more magical colour for the context of this scene.

Hmm, maybe they should've had two different Stones; one blue and one yellow.
:olittlefoot

*checks the Night Flower images above*

Ah, another interesting find. I think my DVD version has the second version. But yeah, the first version has a more mysterious and magical quality to it.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
@Sneak Yep, you found it.

I know the yellow version is technically better animation, but...the blue version was just so ethereal and magical! I like it 1000000x better.

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Also "3-Fun Filled movies for the entire family"! Including a screenshot of Littlefoot being a moment away from being eaten.  :PCera Also that same movie has ACTUAL DINO BLOOD AND VIOLENCE!

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah I agree Rainbow, I find the blue fire to be much better suited for a Stone of Cold Fire.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I didn't catch the difference at first honestly. took a second viewing to see the difference.

Nanotyrannus

• Junior synonym
  • Chomper
  • i'll put something here eventually
    • View Profile
Odd that the stone and the light effect on its surroundings still have a blue tint to them in the first shot they show of the stone, before Littlefoot really starts focusing on it, but in all of the others shots of it and its aura, they're bright yellow.

The "remastered" version of VII is a little janky in places in general, from the clips I've seen on the channel; even ignoring the odd, odd decision to recolor the Stone of Cold Fire, particularly in that shading has been removed from a few shots (look at the shot where Pterano is hiding behind some dinosaurs' legs while eavesdropping on the rainbowfaces: in the original cut of VII, he and the two anonymous dinosaurs have dark colors, whereas the "remaster" has them being all bright and non-shaded).

I have two of the "fun-filled movies" DVD packages, each with four movies spread across two discs (the eight movies I have through the packages are II - IX); only the four movies in the first package are particularly different from their VHS/tenth movie celebration DVD release counterpart, VI through IX are just a tad bit cleaner.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Also "3-Fun Filled movies for the entire family"! Including a screenshot of Littlefoot being a moment away from being eaten.  :PCera Also that same movie has ACTUAL DINO BLOOD AND VIOLENCE!

Still, there are plenty of Disney movies with more intense scenes than that sharptooth fight. The LBT 5 sharpteeth didn't scare me once when I was a kid. :SharptoothAmused

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
On this page here of LBT 7 screencaps, it uses the blue stone version.

Edit:
At the very least, though, I like the way the yellow light reflects off Littlefoot's face, and then across the mountains as it passes by. That was a cool effect.

Actually, rewatching my DVD, I can see that the blue stone version has that same effect as well, both on Littlefoot's face and on the mountains. It just wasn't as noticeable before.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 06:16:25 AM by StardustSoldier »

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Whoa, that's so weird! I have the normal version where the Flying Rock is blue. I'm not sure what's up with that alternate version. Maybe it was something pulled from a version of the movie that was released outside of the U.S.? Like in Australia or something like that? I'm not sure why they would change it, though.

Hammy

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Oh, this is gonna bother me. The fact that what is probably the highest fidelity version of the movie has "incorrect" remasters applied to it, and as much isn't even disclosed in the descriptions of the services it's streaming on. That's my favorite sequel you're screwing with, Universal, don't pull this rewriting history garbage on me.

Never go full George Lucas.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 12:37:23 AM by Hammy »