The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Littlefoot's Grandmother Showcase - May 2021

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

"The circle of life is simple, yet profound."

--------------------------------

In this topic please feel free to discuss Grandma Longneck as a character, to share your own creations (fanfics or fanart) concerning this character, or to mention some of your favorite fanworks of others involving her.  For a full set of rules please see the 2021 Monthly Character Showcase topic but keep in mind that this is meant to be fun as opposed to any sort of contest.

I will go ahead and get the discussion started with the following questions:

1. It is implied in canon sources that Grandma Longneck (and her mate) traveled far and wide before settling in the valley. For example, they knew of Doc when he makes an appearance in LBT VI. Do you think that her previous experiences might affect how she acts as an adoptive parent to Littlefoot?

2. What is your favorite non-canon name for Grandma Longneck? (feel free to skip if you are not much for fanfictions)

3. Do you think Littlefoot's mother was as adventurous as Littlefoot is?  Sometimes Grandma Longneck seems a bit genre-savvy about Littlefoot's antics... almost as if she had gone through this before.  :p

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • The Gang of Five's Yellow Belly fan
    • View Profile
My answer to the first question is yes. Skipping 2nd question. My answer to the third question is it's very possible that Littlefoot's mother was as adventurous as her son.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
1. Given that Grandma Longneck is never that alarmed by Littlefoot's tendency to constantly wander off, I'd say that's probably true. Wandering through the Mysterious Beyond for much of her life, she'd probably see freedom to roam as a natural part of growing up, which would explain why Littlefoot is basically allowed to go where he pleases. Yes, I know Littlefoot technically always sneaks away, but come on, if Grandma's really that worried about where he is, why doesn't she learn from his escapes and watch more closely? At the very least, she should've dropped that "stay in the Great Valley" Wisdom a lot sooner! ;)

2. Haven't seen enough fan names for her, so I'm skipping this one.

3. That's a very interesting question! On one hand, now that you mention it, it would make sense that Littlefoot's grandma dealt with this kind of child before, given her nonchalant attitude every time Littlefoot takes off. But on the other hand, I don't know if I think Littlefoot's mother would have been likely to stray very far. Considering her discussion with Littlefoot about the different herds keeping to themselves, one can assume that's the way she grew up, which might not have provided a lot of room for adventuring.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
By the way, I just noticed the website header still says it's April. :ChomperOhhh

Mouse-a-saur

• A Winchesterian Paradox
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Supernaturally Yours
    • View Profile
2. Haven't seen enough fan names for her, so I'm skipping this one.

Same here. I kind of like the name Cinder, though. She may be gray, but she definitely still has fire in her :wise

~*And I'm something called a Jared Padalecki*~