The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Outcut land before time scenes

Malte279 · 703 · 173582

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
A disclaimer that none of this is meant as an accusation against landbt specifically, but I would like to chime in with my thoughts about the uncut version.

An uncut/extended release is one of those "I'll believe it when I see it" things. I just don't think it was ever released in any form or capacity, at least not publicly. Keep in mind that the film was already edited down by the time it arrived in theatres. If certain home copies of the film had been released afterwards which contained deleted/extended scenes, then surely someone would've come forward with their copy of the missing footage, and/or they would've found some way to archive it for other fans.

I have seen several comments elsewhere online from people who think they saw extended/alternate versions of the film as kids, but human memory is not always reliable. I would like to use this opportunity to link to this article about the Mandela Effect. That, and when people say they watched a version of the film which contained extra footage, I notice that each time, the copy of the film that supposedly contained this footage no longer seems to be available or accessible.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 04:06:59 PM by StardustSoldier »

landbt

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Yea, for me its more the fact I just specifically remember the versions being different when I was a kid before I ever knew there was this debate about deleted scenes and such. Ultimately the burden of proof is on the person claiming to have seen it and prove it with the video though.

As a side note to the no longer available or accessible comment do keep in mind this film is 30 years old and many people would have replaced a lot of their media from that time with dvd's or digital content. I only mentioned the BetaMax as a suggestion as I know it was something we used to watch movies on and maybe was a format people here hadn't looked up before. I don't have a betamax player and I certainly don't want to spend a lot of money sourcing one of those old machines just to see if there's  anything on the old beta tapes I have. Unless anyone knows a place to source a super cheap BetaMax player.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well regardless, I still hope something turns up someday.

Pikkutassu

• Spike
    • View Profile
ducky making faces to get it's attention was in the version I watched as well. There may have been some other smaller details but those are the two I definitely remember being different.
Oh wow I didn't even realize this was missing, but apparently it is. Do you have any memory of this scene happening after petrie climbs back up? For me that's the "proof" I have, since I was remembering this scene before I stumbled on this cel. And nobody had posted it here either.

credence007

• Ruby
    • View Profile

https://youtu.be/bGgMP6ZydZI

The man in this video, even though it says in the description that the video is a fabricated story, talks about one scene in particular that hasn’t been mentioned by anyone else, I wonder if he made that particular scene up or if it was actually another deleted and destroyed scene that the producers of the movie don’t want anyone to know about.

“[Cera] wanders off on her own into a dark forest made of black, twisted dead trees. The winding branches reach out for her like gnarled hands of desperate, starving beggars. Eventually, she stumbles into a small clearing in the trees. The clearing is filled with the rotting remains of all kinds of dinosaurs, each one in various states of decay. Cera stands frozen in place as huge, angry black flies buzz around her face. She looks around, and close-up shots reveal a dead parasaurolophus with grey-green skin drooping off of its rib cage, even as the flesh of its face remains intact, frozen in an agonized expression. Another close-up reveals the glazed grey eye of a dead lizard, half sunken into its skull. Looking up, she sees several small corpses dangling limply in the branches, their long necks and tails snagged on thorny limbs. Cera turns to leave, but is stopped when she hears a horrendous screaming coming from somewhere in the darkness behind her. The petrified shrieking is accompanied by a low, ferocious growl. As booming footsteps grow louder and closer, she dives obliviously into a nearby carcass, unknowingly seeking shelter within the body of a dead triceratops. Out of the shadows, Sharptooth comes stomping into view, another dinosaur clutched in his jaws. The other dinosaur still alive struggling frantically to free itself from Sharptooth’s grip. The shot closes in as Sharptooth lowers his victim down to the ground, crushing down on its hip with his foot. The sound of crunching bone was so clear and loud that it actually hurt. Sharptooth’s jaw closed down on the helpless creature’s neck, his blade-like teeth sinking into the soft skin, blood dripping from the wound. Sharptooth begins to shake vigorously, like a dog shaking a rat. The camera finally cuts back to Cera’s mortified expression as the sounds of the dying animal fade, replaced by the horrific noise of tearing flesh. When the camera cuts back to Sharptooth, it shows him rising back up to his full height, licking blood from his lips. He scans his lair, sniffing the air intently, his wrinkled face and squinting eyes moving over the decaying mounds of meat concealing the young triceratops. He begins moving towards it slowly, his shadow creeping over Cera’s face. He opens his jaw and rams his open mouth into the side of a dead giant, tearing off a mouthful of rancid flesh. Too busy with his morsel, Sharptooth doesn’t notice as Cera silently runs in the opposite direction.

The movie proceeds as it does in the final version, with Littlefoot, Ducky, Petrie, and Spike discovering a small stream of water, following it in hopes of finding green food.”

This scene is incredibly creepy, and I’ve never heard anyone else confirm that there was a scene like this in the movie, but if it’s real, it makes perfect sense as to why it was cut from the final film.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
not watched video, but after reading fragment you included, well, SUCH gory and dark scenes would never appear in LBT, I believe.

Though, some elements like dark creepy dead flora forest, and skeleton-only remains of some dinosaurs could appear.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Hammy

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Neato, spooky story, but absolutely a creepypasta style story and little more.  Still, would be interesting to see animated in the Bluthian style.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm pretty sure this is just a rumoured scene. I've never heard anything about it before, at least.

I don't think I would've wanted something as gory as this in LBT, but Cera wandering through the forest and hiding from Sharptooth could've been a pretty tense and creepy scene otherwise.

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
I agree with the rest of you, it's pretty safe to say this is just some internet urban legend. I remember back when I first encountered the term "creepypasta" and didn't know what it meant, I checked Wikipedia for an explanation. The handful of sub-genres that were mentioned in the article actually included "deleted footage creepypasta" or something like that, talking about how a lot of these scary stories involve lost scenes/episodes that were cut from shows due to overly gory/disturbing content. And yes, no doubt for the sake of being unsettling, these stories are usually made up about children's shows.
The internet sure is a twisted place, that's all I can say. :duckyscared

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Haven't been here for a while.  :sducky

It's so cool to see all of the info that's been found/released over the years! Especially the script and the storyboards! At least now we have a better picture of what we could have expected from the Bluth cut. Scribbles to Screen's Lost Media video on this was a good catch up too.

I'd love to see the whole thing one day, but I do agree with a lot of the cuts that took place, especially around the ending. Them finding the Great Valley together I think made it much more rewarding.

Also the sharptooth fight? This cel of Mama Longneck reacting to the 'death bite'? Yeah... that's kinda traumatising and I'm not surprised it was cut. (Does anyone know where this cel came from btw? I know it's a confirmed scene from the uncut script but I'm just curious as to when and how it was found.)

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

00not_nathan00

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • instagram
cut end scene.
hi guys im new too this fanbase so I hope you can show me some love. I found this cut end sence while doing some reserch online, Its from the end bit of the O.G 1988 movie where there all on top of the hill, it turns out there was some cut dialog where littlefoot says "now we can together forever" I never knew that there where so many cut sences in the movie like its already pritty dark for a kids film but some of the cut sences wow. I hope we can try and restore some of these cuts and make a uncut version so keep up the hunt. later
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 10:27:32 PM by 00not_nathan00 »
Still waiting for the bluth cut

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Welcome to the forum, Not_Nathan!

This scene is from one of early trailers of the movie. Some of them contain some short deleted scenes. You can watch them on youtube, don't miss it. ;)
6/14
0/26

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Mouse-a-saur

• A Winchesterian Paradox
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Supernaturally Yours
    • View Profile
cut end scene.
hi guys im new too this fanbase so I hope you can show me some love. I found this cut end sence while doing some reserch online, Its from the end bit of the O.G 1988 movie where there all on top of the hill, it turns out there was some cut dialog where littlefoot says "now we can together forever" I never knew that there where so many cut sences in the movie like its already pritty dark for a kids film but some of the cut sences wow. I hope we can try and restore some of these cuts and make a uncut version so keep up the hunt. later
Welcome to the forum!  :ChomperPOG

~*And I'm something called a Jared Padalecki*~

00not_nathan00

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • instagram
thx for welcoming me in you guys ive only just got back into the land before time during lockdown (as theres not much too do inside) ive loved these movies ever since i was young ive also got a question how do you guys watch the movies online? ive checked netflix and 123 movies but netflix only has great day of the flyers and journey of the brave and same with 123 movies (apart from XII) any sugestions for websites thx
Still waiting for the bluth cut

Sapphirre98

• Nonbinary they/them
  • Ruby
  • I believe in Dekker supremecy
    • View Profile
I don't know of any streaming services that have all the movies. The tv show is available on youtube for free via that weird land before time channel, and i know you can rent the movies individually on youtube as well. Someone else may know of streaming services but last i checked most of the movies aren't on anything. I prefer to watch them on DVD, but it's not a super cost effective way of being able to watch all 14 of them. Your best bet is youtube renting methinks.
If we hold on together... no, seriously. Grab my tail.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
When I want to watch any fragment from LBT movies in English, I go to Kisscartoon. It contains all the movies.
6/14
0/26

00not_nathan00

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • instagram

GreyLizard226

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
It seems like over the years we keep thinking we’ve found a VHS copy with the missing footage, and every time it just leads us to  a standard copy.

But what about that rumor that the uncut version was broadcast in Finland in the mid-90’s? Do we know for sure that it was just a rumor?

SammyTheSpiketail

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Hmm.. my older sister or her boyfriend might know something as they were born a few years after the first one was released but before mid 90s.