The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fandub of The Land Before Time (1988)

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I didn't know if I should post this here or in some other area but I deduced that this was an LBT project. So I was recently watching The Land Before Time and I, knowing the film oh so well, was speaking every line in the movie. And then I started thinking of this site. Then, I started thinking, "Hey, what if members of the GoF did a fan dub of the film?" And so I am posting the idea here. I will give details if many people are interested. If not... it was worth a shot.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I saw there was a voices project here a few years ago. Several members voiced characters, as they sang a bunch of the songs in the series. I don't know about dubbing a whole movie though. That voices project is pretty dead right now, as far as I can tell. I've only been here a few months, so I was never a part of it.

If I had a voice that fit, I think it'd be fun.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: vonboy,Jun 23 2011 on  10:25 PM
I saw there was a voices project here a few years ago. Several members voiced characters, as they sang a bunch of the songs in the series. I don't know about dubbing a whole movie though. That voices project is pretty dead right now, as far as I can tell. I've only been here a few months, so I was never a part of it.

Yea I saw those posts. The songs were good. I was just wondering if anybody would be interested in fandubbing the entire movie. I for one am all for it. Although I do not have the voice for any of the characters, maybe Cera's dad. I think this would be a really fun project to try. Fingers crossed

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah, they did this a few years ago I think. Like did all the songs and stuff. But, I think that if I had a voice that fit any character I'd like to do it.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: LBTDiclonius,Jun 23 2011 on  11:17 PM
Yeah, they did this a few years ago I think. Like did all the songs and stuff. But, I think that if I had a voice that fit any character I'd like to do it.
I really liked the songs. I have em on my computer. They did a good job with those. I would love to have my younger voice as I was told back then that I sounded like a Littlefoot. But no more.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Sound interesting, I wouldn't mind participating.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Cera for me. ;) Yeah, I'm posting this now coz I finally realized that my voice would probably fit her. :p

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
We're gonna need 2 more girls. We need Ducky and Littlefoot's mom. If ya'll know anybody willing to fill those 2 parts then we got a movie.
EDIT: Can't exactly give a green light to this yet, in case anybody else wants to play the same part. Then auditions will have to be held for the characters.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm a girl, though my voice would not fit Ducky (as it is rather low).. Maybe Littlefoot's Mom.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: vonboy,Jun 23 2011 on  10:25 PM

This is at vonboy and belmont2500, tell me which character you'd like to voice.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Several years ago we prepared for a land before time audio play project which in the end fizzled out for which I think I deserve a portion of the blame.
Everyone can see though that there is still an own section for the LBT audio play project here in the project section. What I would recommend is for a list of different quotes from different LBT characters to be created. Then everyone who would like to participate in such a project could create an audio play of him or herself impersonating these characters. Either by popular vote or by the decision of the one starting the project the different speakers could be assigned to roled (whereby of course one should keep in mind which characters a voice actor really WANTS to play, but on the other hand it would not work out of course in case five people applied for Littlefoot).
I would be interested in participating, but I don't suppose I would be suited for any role that comes without a slight but notable accent :lol

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You could be a villain malte... Don't villains always have a german accent? :p

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Quote from: Mumbling,Jun 25 2011 on  02:50 AM
You could be a villain malte... Don't villains always have a german accent? :p
Problem is, if this is a fandub of the original LBT, there are no villains with speaking roles. And you can't exactly roar ferally with a German accent.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Jun 25 2011 on  02:30 AM
Several years ago we prepared for a land before time audio play project which in the end fizzled out for which I think I deserve a portion of the blame.
Everyone can see though that there is still an own section for the LBT audio play project here in the project section. What I would recommend is for a list of different quotes from different LBT characters to be created. Then everyone who would like to participate in such a project could create an audio play of him or herself impersonating these characters. Either by popular vote or by the decision of the one starting the project the different speakers could be assigned to roled (whereby of course one should keep in mind which characters a voice actor really WANTS to play, but on the other hand it would not work out of course in case five people applied for Littlefoot).
I would be interested in participating, but I don't suppose I would be suited for any role that comes without a slight but notable accent :lol
I was thinking about that. I was thinking that if one person applied for a certain role then all applicants would do a line that requires a lot out of them and see who performs the sequence the best. For instance, if this were to happen then everyone would vote on who performed the best and it would be fair.
@ malte Hmm? I wonder if maybe you could make spike noises? Or maybe you could gruff up your voice and be cera's dad maybe?
edit: more than one person

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Wow that looks like fun I hope everyone enjoys doing it.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Justin1993,Jun 24 2011 on  11:32 PM
This is at vonboy and belmont2500, tell me which character you'd like to voice.
Grandpa Longneck(although he just chuckles) or Mr.Threehorn/Daddy Topps.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie85,Jun 25 2011 on  08:21 PM
I hope this pulls through this time.
I'll try and keep this project in production for as long as I can. Still waiting to see if anyone becomes interested. We still need a Littlefoot and Ducky. No ones offered yet.