The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Auditions!

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Okay, so after nearly a week and managing to get my topic past page one, I decided that it was time for auditions. So below I have posted audition lines for each character. These are lines I feel define each character (in my opinion) and lines I feel required the most output out of each participant. These are lines I prefer but if you want to do any other lines in the movie feel free. The posted ones are just preferred.

Narrator/Rooter Audition Lines:
1st Option: (Narrator) "Once upon this same earth, beneath the same sun..." (up to)... "He knew they would be together always.
2nd Option: (Rooter) "Hey! (sniff) What's going on here?..." (up to)... "Well, that too will go in time little fella. Only in time."
3rd Option: (Narrator) "The Great Valley was all they dreamed it would be..." (up to)... "The tale of their ancestors' journey to the valley...long ago."

Littlefoot's Mother Audition Lines:
1st Option: "Oh. I'm sorry my dear. The land has been changing and that is why we must walk as far as we can each day until we reach the Great Valley..." (up to)... "It's still a long way, but we'll get there."
2nd: "I'm not sure I can Littlefoot..." (up to)... "Let your heart guide you. It whispers, so listen closely."
3rd Option: "Dear, Littlefoot. Do you remember the way to the Great Valley..."(up to)... "I'll be in your heart, Littlefoot. Let your heart guide you."

Daddy Topps Audition Lines:
Basically the very few lines he spoke in the movie. "Come, Cera. Threehorns never play with Longnecks..." "Cera!" "Cera?" (Try to be gruff when it comes to the first line)

Littlefoot Audition Lines:
1st Option: (calling out) "Mother! Mother! Mother? Where are you?..." (up to) "Mother? Mother!?"
2nd Option: (speaking to Rooter) "It's not fair. She should've known better..." (up to)... "My tummy hurts."
3rd Option: (to Ducky)... "Don't you know anything? Longnecks don't talk to...uh...whatever you are..." (up to)... "I guess it is. We can't do it."
4th Option: "Come on, get up. We're going the right way. Gotta keep movin' up..." (up to)... "Come on. We have to keep going. Come on."
5th Option: (to Mother's spirit)... "Mother! Mother, I tried to do what you told me, but it's just too hard. I'll never find the Great Valley..." (up to)... "We did it! We did it together!"

Cera Audition Lines
1st Option:(to Littlefoot) "Threehorns never play with longnecks."
2nd Option: (to Littlefoot) "What do you want?..." (up to)... "And they only travel with other threehorns."
3rd Option: " Frightened? Me? (laughs sarcastically)..." (up to)... "and said Ergh!!"(whatever noise she made)
4th Option: "See. I can take care of myself...all by myself..." (up to)... "I hope he doesn't eat any of you."
5th option: "This is your 'Great Valley'? You're crazy...." (up to the end of the fight with Littlefoot)

Ducky Audition Lines
1st Option: "Hello. I said, 'Hello.'..." (up to)... "Nope, we cannot do that alright. (giggles)
2nd Option: "Helllloooooohhh? Hello?... (up to)... "You are a spiketail so we will call you Spike (giggles).
3rd Option: (gasp) "Sharptooth. Spike... (beckons over to her) mmm mmm."
4th Option: "He was my friend. Poor Petrie. (others walk away) Poor, poor Petrie. (Petrie is not dead) Petrie? Petrie, you're safe! Yep, yep, yep, yep, yep, yep, yep!"

Petrie Audition Lines
1st Option: (exclaims as Littlefoot shakes strange leaf he is on) (Weird gurgling sound) (Laughs while on Littlefoot's face) (screams) "My name Petrie. Uh I-I flied. I falled. (snivels). I climbed. Hard thing to fly. (growls) (weird noises.)
2nd Option: "You got nice flat head, Flathead (giggles)..." (up to) "Dear, brave, Cera. (While Cera is storytelling) Woohoo"
3rd Option: "Hmm, no green foods here and I still hungry..." (up to) "Hmm, Ducky."
4th Option: "Flathead! Wait! Whoa whoa whoa waoh! No be angry. Wait!
5th Option: "You go without Petrie?"

Scenes to be Enacted by All Characters (lines I felt important that included all main characters (kids) instead of just 1 or 3)
Scene 1: Scene from when they find the clump of trees up to when they get the green food.
Scene 2: The Mountains that Burn scene to where Cera leaves the group after being humiliated.
Scene 3: The Sharptooth plan up til Petrie is taken underwater by the Sharptooth.

For the scenes I didn't feel like posting each characters' lines individually so I just posted the entire scene to perform.
Have fun :goodluck

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Woops. I forgot to add instructions.  :slap
Record yourself performing the lines you want and upload them somewhere online and post the links here for everyone to listen. Once people have stopped posting auditions and all seven characters have been auditioned for, I will post a poll for members to vote on each character and the member they feel performed the character the best.
Again
 :goodluck
I'd prefer watching the movie whilst recording in order to get conversation spacing at least somewhat correct. Saves me editing time (not that I mind). If you want record your lines and add the movie character voices with yours to make the conversation complete.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
AWESOME! I love these lines. I¥ll try for everyone and hope that some folks here like it. :) If not I¥ll enjoy to listen to the recordings. Could take a while til I¥ve recorded that. I¥ll try to post as soon as possible ;)

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Sweet. Good to see this project being taken so seriously. If all goes well, I'll have my Petrie recordings done and uploaded by the weekend.

As for where we put the recordings, I recommend using the LBT Server that Landbeforetimelover runs. Just so they can all be in the same place.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Awesomeness. I'll have to do something to get my voice online but I think I can manage.

Great lines for the roles, I think it'll all work out. ;)

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Allicloud,Jun 29 2011 on  12:08 PM
As for where we put the recordings, I recommend using the LBT Server that Landbeforetimelover runs. Just so they can all be in the same place.
Where exactly on the site would the recordings go?

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Quote from: Justin1993,Jun 30 2011 on  04:18 AM
Quote from: Allicloud,Jun 29 2011 on  12:08 PM
Where exactly on the site would the recordings go?
Hmm..good point. Maybe someone should talk to Landbeforetimelover and see if he can make a new folder for it.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'll get to work on my Narrator/Rooter lines.  It's a big role, but I know I can do it! :)

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Jun 30 2011 on  11:04 AM
I'll get to work on my Narrator/Rooter lines.  It's a big role, but I know I can do it! :)
I have faith in you.  :smile
But in all seriousness  :goodluck

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
So I made an account at yourlisten.com. It is a place to upload any kind of audio. The account I made there is specifically for these auditions. If you would like to participate, PM me and I will give you the information to log in and upload your audition.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oh man!  This thing completely slipped my mind.  I won't be able to send them until after I get my internet connection at my new home, but I'll make sure to get it done ASAP.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ugh!  I'm so sorry it's been delayed like this.  With my recent move and trying to set everything up right for my own projects, this just ended up slipping my mind.

I promise though, I'll try to get it done soon.

See ya later!