The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT fanfiction songs

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm gonna put all of my fanfiction songs here.  I am not the best at rhyming and so do the best I can.  

I've got a really touching version of remembering where, nearing the 20th anniversary of his mother's death, and nearing the time when he might pick a mate of his own (he hopes on it being Ali), that he happens to meet Chomper again (he's still nice, luckily) and after a few awkward questions, finally figures out why Littlefoot lives with his grandparents and so on.

Littlefoot had never really mentioned his mother's death that much (at least in my fanfic, the memory of it, and the bad timing that it happened to have happened on his 5th Star Day, has caused him to not celebrate it for the past 19 cold times.)

When mentioning his mother, he sings a very touching version of "Remembering":

"Remembering, remembering
is a very comforting thing
To think of loved ones from cold times gone by
and even though they may die.
Thoughts I'll always hold dear

She promised that she'd always be near.

And with her around I felt and I had nothing to fear.

And even though she's gone away

She helped make me what I am today.

And though we are now separated by time and space.

I'll do my best to fulfill her wish to make the world a better place.

I think of her when I feel a fright.

And know that she's watching over me and that I'll be all right.

Remembering makes re-appear

The great times when I was glad.
But even when my thoughts are sad
I'll always have remembering
My remembering."

This is from my The Land Before Time XIX: The Time of Choosing.

Next is a rather dark song.  It's a tiny bit similar to "Not One of Us" from the Lion King II.  Basically, in this one, Chomper has caused the Old One's death (albeit it was a total accident and he was protecting his true love from being killed by the Old One.)  However, Chomper, who nearly gave into his predatory instincts and almost ate the wounded Old One, freaked even Littlefoot out.  Also, Chomper's confession that he'd eaten Flattooth meat before (as a young kid) and that he'd hunted the Gang of Five (see movie V) before and that, had he not recognized them, they would have died that morning in the fifth film, and, and this really ticked Littlefoot off, that Chomper had, at one point, been close to accepting hunting Flatteeth, and that, had he encountered Ali that morning in the canyon and not the Gang of Five, she'd have become his breakfast.  

After that conversation, Littlefoot snapped and yelled at Chomper to go be a Sharptooth, for that was what he was best at.  Chomper then took off.  

The Old One died of her wounds and they held a funeral for her.  Littlefoot and his friends, after the funeral is over, are still in shock as to what happened.  They start to sing a song about Chomper  Mostly, it's a condemning song:

"We once trusted him, especially you.

We all knew what he might someday do.

Your head might be full of fuzz.

But we always reminded you what he was." sang Cera.

"Chomper has always been really sweet." sang Littlefoot.

"Get a grip on yourself Littlefoot! He only eats meat!" sang Cera.

"Oh there is no need to whine!

For we saw he just crossed the line!

Oh there is no need to fuss!

Chomper is not like us!" sang Cera.

"Come on guys, he can still be part of our gang!" sang Littlefoot.

"We are NEVER again allowing anyone in with a fang!" sang Cera.

"I admit Chomper seemed nice to me.

But now I guess there was more of him that I didn't see." sang Ruby.

"Oh now I can plainly see.

Chomper is not like you or me." sang Ducky.

"Well at least we know the truth!

Chomper is an evil Sharptooth !" sang Cera

"His behavior make me so mad!

Chomper turn out to be really bad!" sang Petrie.

"Come on guys for goodness sake!

Don't you think you're making a big mistake?" sang Littlefoot.

"Sure let's give it another try!

Then somebody else will die!" sang Cera sarcastically.

"Come on guys, killing the Old One wasn't something he meant to do!" sang Littlefoot in desperation.

"Me see him try to eat her, me don't know about you!" sang Petrie.

"Littlefoot you can try and deny.

But the rest of the us all sawed him try!" sang Ducky.

"His friendship wih us was just one big lie!" sang Ali.

" Why'd this have to happen? Oh why oh why?" sang Littlefoot, shaking his head.

"Ba Ba Ba Ba Ba Ba Ba!" sang Spike, scatting.

"He's not like us!

No more need to discuss!

Chomper is not like us!

We no longer need to fuss!

For we now know that he's not like us!" sang all of them minus Spike, who continued to hum, and Littlefoot, who remained silent, doing some hard thinking.

"Killing like this doesn't seem like something Chomper would plan!" sang Littlefoot.

"Face it Littlefoot, you're his only fan!" sang Ali.

"Littlefoot, you need to face the truth like a man!" sang Petrie.

" He's not like us!

No more need to discuss!

Chomper is not like us!

We no longer need to fuss!

For we now know that he's not like us!" sang all but Littlefoot and Spike.

"I can't believe it. I simply can't be true.

We've known Chomper since he was an egg and this isn't something he'd do." sang Littlefoot in a panic.

"Chomper has a new girlfriend now and he doesn't care about me or you." sang Ali.

Meanwhile, Chomper and Andromeda were heading toward the Valley of Sharpteeth.

"Chomper, there is something that we need to discuss.

Flat teeth are not like us!

Will you still give a fuss

Now that you know that Flatteeth are not like us?" sang Andromeda.

Chomper nodded. It wouldn't be over yet. Even now.

"It would seem that you are right.

I've seen what happened tonight.

It would seem that there's good reason to fuss

For Littlefoot, Cera, Ducky, Petrie, Spike, Ruby, and Ali are not like us!" sang Chomper.

Meanwhile, in the Great Valley, Littlefoot was doing some heavy thinking. It was time to make a very painful decision.

He imagined being near young Chomper again, who had just hatched from his egg. The young Sharptooth tried to get his attention, to get him to come to him.

"Heaven knows I've tried

To myself many times I've lied

His destiny has come and the Old One has died!

I guess there's nothing more to do.

The friendship of Chomper and I is through.

There's no need to fuss.

For Chomper the friendly Sharptooth is gone... they were right all along….he's not...like...us!" sang Littlefoot mournfully. He walked away from the young Chomper.

Back in the present, he burst out in tears. It was over. His dream of having Chomper be nice so he could save Flatteeth lives had failed for the Old One was dead. Rather than having his friendship with Chomper be the ultimate in tolerance and a true monument to the memory of his mother, it had only caused another death. He had failed miserably.

And, as it turns out, that incident that night wasn't the only sad and dramatic thing to happen.  Petrie had mentioned his father and Pterano, whom Petrie had been viewing as a sort of second father, is finally told by his uncle that his father had followed him and died.  

Realizing the man he'd looked up to, even as a sort of father, was the reason he didn't have a father, Petrie snaps and sings this song condemning Pterano:

"Me been lied to

Me used to think that Pterano was so great

But now that really up for debate.

For what he do is really bad.

He the reason me no have a Dad." sang Petrie.

"Petrie, for what I did I take the blame.

For what happened I feel the greatest shame." sang Pterano.

"Me think you really lame!" sang Petrie angrily.

"Me been lied to.

Me so mad!

Pterano the reason me no have a Dad!" sang Petrie.

"Petrie…..I….." said Pterano.

"Me trust Chomper and that really big mistake!

Me thought the world of Pterano but he just big fake!

Me been lied to!" sang Petrie.

"Petrie….please!" said Pterano.

"All because of your stupid pride.

Sharpteeth came and me Dad died!" sang Petrie angrily.

"Petrie, I'm begging you…." said Pterano.

"Me been lied to.

Me want you to go away.

Me cannot stand to be around you another day.

Me been lied to." sang Petrie.

"Petrie, my dear nephew, please…." said Pterano.

"Me been lied to.

Me want to see you no more.

Me hope that you get eaten by a carnivore!" sang Petrie.

And, as luck would have it, that wasn't the last bad thing that happen that night either.  

As Littlefoot had had a role in Chomper's escape and refused to believe Chomper was evil, in spite of their friendship being over (don't worry, it is restored in film 20), he still won't cooperate with the Great Valley, whom he believes to hate Chomper for the crime of being born a Sharptooth, even citing his mother's beliefs on things and saying he won't be silent anymore on discrimination.  His stance gets him banished for life from the Great Valley.

As he is about to leave, the others sing a very touching version of "Bestest Freinds":

Petrie sang "Sometimes friends have to leave

It's very sad but true

But this me do believe

Friends still a part of you."

Ducky sang "And if you go away

And live some other place

I will think of you each day

And see your smiley face."

"And we will always be your friends." sang all of Littlefoot's friends.

Meanwhile, in the desert, Chomper thought fondly of Littlefoot and the others. Though they had parted on such terrible terms, he began to sing, "Sometimes fate can deal a blow.

Yet there is one thing that I know.

No matter how it will go.

This will always be so.

No matter what may be.

Whatever your destiny.

There is one thing that will be true.

I will always remember you." Tears fell from his eyes. Andromeda nuzzled him, knowing the pain inside of her lover.

Back in the Great Valley, Littlefoot sang, to the others, Ali especially,

"No matter what, I'll always be

Your friend.

I will always be your friend.

Although we're far apart." Littlefoot cried and he felt miserably, but glad to had this last moment together with his friends.

Back in the Mysterious Beyond, Chomper sang "I'll see you in my dreams. And even if we must forever depart." Both Chomper and Littlefoot sang, though in separate places "I will always hold you in my heart."

In the Great Valley, Bron stared at his son and Ali. He knew how Littlefoot felt about Ali and knew that his now banished son was feeling the pain that he himself had felt when he had left Arianna for the last time, never to see her again.

Ruby and Ali sang "And we won't be surprised if we meet again

And when we do, we still will be

Your friends."

All of them, even though they were in separate locations, sang "We will always be. Very truest, bestest Friends."

There was not a dry eye among them. It was a very sad day in the Land Before Time indeed.

I know, that is near the end of film 19.  I did add some slightly hopeful things to the very end of film 19 (though another dark thing came, when an evil dino is made dictator of the Great Valley, though it seems Guido is setting out to find the full truth about his own past, having recalled that his family was killed by Red Claw and Sharptooth years ago, and he wonders if he can find anyone that knew them and so on.  He got hit in the head near the end of film 19 and so got his memory, damaged in his escape from Red Claw and Sharptooth years earlier, back  Also, Chomper's new in-laws, who appear to have been murdered by Red Claw, are shown to be alive.  

Shunned by Petrie, Pterano goes looking for Littlefoot, hoping to help get Littlefoot unbanished so that Petire will like him again.  

Also, Littlefoot's mother's spirit confronts the villain and says she's going to help her son and give him advice.)

I have another song for film 15:

This one invovles a Bothtooth named Ptero.  He thinks he's a Sharptooth as his mother has always told him such.  He falsely believes that Leaf Eaters have murdered his father.  He does value life, but is hunting anyway due to it being late at night and him not finding plants and not having eaten anything all day.

I tried to portray the agony in him as to what he's doing.  He also appears to be somewhat fatalistic, believing that maybe the way things are going in his life are just fate and that he really has no control over his destiny.  My hope is that the audience would view him as nice and not an evil predator.   I'm wondering if I did it just right, oveerdid it, or underdid it to show the pain in him over what he's being made to do:

"It's a hard and cruel world out there!

In this world there is many a scare!

Having just been hunted myself it seems so strange

That the position would now rearrange."

The animal moved, trying to shake the hunter. However, Ptero had been trained well by Agatha. The animal moved left and he followed it. It moved right, but it could not lose him.

Ptero continued to sing. "But then again, this world is sad.

Just think of what happened to my dad." He moved lower, his claws outstretched, ready to strike. "They killed him when I was but a small lad.

I'm doing this because I'm hungry, not because I'm bad! " sang Ptero, hoping that the creature would forgive him. He swooped down and missed. He moved after the critter, for if it got away, Ptero wouldn't eat.

" I certainly don't like to kill.

It definitely gives me no thrill.

I know that this business isn't neat

But hey I've got to eat!

When I'm not hunting, you'll find I'm really sweet. " sang Ptero. He once more went toward his prey.

"It's a hard and cruel world out there.

One can win only if one dares to dare.

I seems as if nobody could care.

You've got to try as hard as you can try

Or else you will certainly die.

And that's the truth, I'm not going to lie." Ptero continued to sing. He moved lower, his talons outstretched.

He sang to his prey, for he felt sorry for the poor critter. "I've got nothing against you.

This is something I just must do.

It's a hard and cruel world out there.

As you are no doubt surely aware.

It's not that I'm really fond of meat.

But goodness, you know I've got to eat!" He swooped and missed again. However, he didn't give up. He was going to get a meal before he went to sleep.

"I hope you can forgive

A guy who is forced to hunt to live.

Some may consider this to be rude

But I've got no Tree Stars for food!" he sang.

They both turned a corner. There was a canyon wall in front of the creature below. The animal was trapped. Ptero moved downward, elated. He would soon be having his dinner. The animal turned to look at him. Ptero could see his reflection in the creature's frightened eyes. He wanted to look away, as the look made him have such pity that he didn't think he could go through with what he needed to do if he kept staring.

"I don't like the way things tend

But this is how it's going to end.

What nature makes me do is awful, I know.

But that's the way things go." sang Ptero. He landed next to the trapped animal. He could sense the dread in the poor creature and hated that he was the one causing it. Agatha might love the feeling of terror that her prey had in their final moments, but Ptero certainly didn't. He sighed. It would come to this again. What he hated most about being a Sharptooth. Something had to die so he could have a meal.

The animal stared right into his red eyes. It expressed shock, no doubt, as it was expecting to see hunger and violence in them, but it saw pity and sorrow instead. However, it did see one thing that it dreaded: death.

Ptero licked his lips. The instinct he'd gotten from his mother made him want to act now. However, the kind nature of his father held him back, making sure he did this properly and with as much kindness as possible.

"Trust me, I don't find this fun.

I'll concede you had a good run.

And if I weren't so hungry, I'd have hoped that you'd won.

It's a hard and cruel world out there.

And there is nobody that it will spare.

One has trouble not falling into despair. " sang Ptero.

He grabbed the animal, who, in its last moments, had decided to be silent, knowing that whimpering would do it no good. Ptero grabbed the creature and held it against the canyon wall with his right claw. He could feel the animal's heart beat fast with terror and felt wretched when he looked at the look of horror in its eyes. He wanted to save it, yet, in a twist of irony, it was he that was going to be the one to destroy it. He was a merciful killer and wouldn't sink to biting into the creature while it was still alive, not when he had his talons to do the messy work.

"It's a hard and cruel world out there. Trust me, doing this is very hard for me to bear. I'd love to just let you go. But I'm afraid it can't be so." sang Ptero. The animal shut its eyes, knowing what was about to happen. Ptero did a quick scan of his surroundings. The canyon had no edible plants, he was getting tired, and his stomach was growling very hungrily. He truly had no choice.

"It's a hard and cruel world out there. It seems like one big nightmare! I know, it's just not fair." sang Ptero, finishing his song. He saw the animal cower and put its head behind its arms, shaking in fright, awaiting the stroke of death.

(Note: His Sharptooth mother's name is Agatha.  He has a Leaf Eater father, but thinks he's a full Sharptooth as his dad died when he was pretty young.   And years of brainwashing from his mother have distorted his memory of his father.)