The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Watership Down

Raptor · 24 · 2503

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I've seen some good ones, I've seen some bad ones. But all the Watership Down RPs I've ever seen are very, very inactive. I know there are some fans on the forums, but I'd need some support before I start this, to know that it would stay alive. I'd also need a plot.

So, if anyone's interested, post here.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I may join in. :) Will we  be playing characters from book or some other rabbits?
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
We'd play as OCs. I've already got a few character ideas, but it wasn't until now that I decided to use them in an RP.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I see... Will our characters be group of hlessils or part of some warren? Or it is  something we can decide ourself when creating our characters?
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It's going to be up to you, as long as everyone's characters have the possibility to interact.

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Edit: I got the plot ready, just need to get it into a good post.

Edit: What? I thought I edited...

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
YEEESSSS!!! I Just finished reading the original novel by Richard Adams and it was a magnificent read indeed! I would be more than happy to try this as an RP!!! You can already count me in!

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Here are my characters:

Name: Thyme

Personality: He is rather an independent soul and is known for being very complaining and sarcasting.

Appearance: He has gray fur with white underbelly. He is rather small, as he is still an outskirter.

Backstory: Thyme had to fight for survival for almost all his life, since he was outskiter and couldn't join the Owsla (perhaps it was more releted to his attitude than his small size). He hadn't many friends and the best of them was Neltita, whom he always called a bit strange. Now, as he left destroyed warren, he is looking for a new place to live in or at least some other group of rabbits.

Name: Neltita

Personality: She is a very gentle rabbit, who almost never gets really angry, which was perhaps the reason why she could put up with Thyme.

Appearance: Her fur is brown with white underbelly. She is not very strong, but when it comes to running she has almost no competition.

Backstory: Like Thyme Neltita was an outskiter, living on the edge of the warren. What was interesting about her it was that she had from time to time feelings about the things that will come in near future. Once she warned the Chief Rabbit and said that some disease may strike the warren. Rah didn't listen to her as no rabbit had shown the sings of sickness yet. When eventually White Blindness becames evident to everyone it was already to late to do anything except running away from warren, which Neltita did and she left with Thyme...

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Name: Thistle
Personality: Shrewd and quick-thinking, Thistle is not one to let himself be pushed around. However, he is liable to make rash decisions.
Appearance: Thistle is a very dark brown, with a "dirty" white underbelly. Like many of the rabbits who fled, he's an outskirter, so he's smaller, but still within the size range of the average rabbit.
Backstory: Thistle was an outskirter, and was sick of it. But he hadn't seriously thought of leaving the warren until he heard about a pontenial illness. Thistle knew it would be dangerous to stay in a warren that might become infected with something horrible, and was ready to leave whenever. At first, when he heard it was simply a feeling by one of the does, he grew doubtful. At that time, he was still interested in leaving, but was reluctant to set off without confirmation that there was truly some terrible ailment that would strike the warren. However, the first signs of the White Blindness had solidified the idea in his mind. Thistle left, as fast as he could.

Name: Walnut
Personality: Very, very timid. Extremely easy to frighten, some things that would make other rabbits bolt will make Walnut freeze in terror. His small size contributes even more to his jittery attitude. Sticks close to his friend, Thistle.
Appearance: Very, very light tan, with a white underbelly. Rather scrawny from being an outsider, and an especially small one at that.
Backstory: Walnut was exceedingly small since birth, and easily pushed around. He found a friend in Thistle, who looks out for him and sometimes keeps him from being pushed around. When Thistle decided to leave the Warren with a few others, Walnut very reluctantly agreed to go. When the White Blindness appeared, Walnut was no longer so reluctant. He left with the others.

I'll get an introduction worked out as soon as possible.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Name: Mayberry

Personality: She has a major temper and is absolutely NEVER afraid to show it…which might explain why she has no friends.

Appearance: Her fur is white with a grey underbelly. She is the smallest doe in her warren but her ability to fight and vocalize her opinion is the only reason her warren recognizes her at all.

Backstory: Contrary to the standard Warren, Daisy was the first and only Owsla captain ever in her previous warren. In order to gain this position however she literally had to fight and bad mouth her way up to through the ranks. This would also explain why the two friends she did have were Owsla guards.
Unfortunately a routine patrol ended in the death of one of the scouts in her command and as per the warren rules she was to be executed for her failures.
This obviously didn’t sit well with Daisy who ran the first chance she got and hasn’t looked back since.

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
My current plan for the road crossing will be rather eventful.

Hint: Keep an eye on Walnut.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay...I will. Will Mayberry have to save him??? :smile

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, if you go by first impressions only, the post I made's going to be very, very sad.

If you dig deeper, you'll note I said nothing for sure.

Is Walnut dead or not? Find out next time!

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Raptor,May 15 2009 on  11:37 PM
Well, if you go by first impressions only, the post I made's going to be very, very sad.

If you dig deeper, you'll note I said nothing for sure.

Is Walnut dead or not? Find out next time!
Edit: I'm going to wait for Myrkin to post before I post.

Edit: Couldv'e Sworn I hit edit.

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I am afraid that at the moment I have no idea for this story, Raptor.

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Eh, It's okay. I'll think of a way to start it myself. That way, everyone else will have something to build off of.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I just want it to be known that Mayberry is going suffer an....unfortunate accident. She may live...but you'll have to wait to see... :angel

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile