The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Owl be here for your Asks

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Are the modules sequential, or do they run concurrently with each other?
5 concurrent modules, 3 hours each. :sducky
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
How did you get into LBT? :)
I don't specifically remember, but I think I once played one of those LBT educational games as a kid. When Universal was about to release Jurassic World, the term "Land Before Time" came to mind, and thus I looked up the series, and volia! :duckyhappy
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Do you remember roughly when you saw the original film, and then the sequels? Was it shortly before joining the forum, or were you familiar with the series for quite a while before that?

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Do you remember roughly when you saw the original film, and then the sequels? Was it shortly before joining the forum, or were you familiar with the series for quite a while before that?
I definitely did not see the film as a child! Only when I looked it up in 2014 did I see Land Before Time for the first time,and of course I appreciate it and its social commentary because I was grown by then. I lurked in fanfiction for close to 4 years before joining in 2018, and hence most of the stuff I know from the sequels came from fanfic, because I only knew them as they appear in the sequels shortly before I joined the forum, so around Jul-Aug 2018. There was definitely a gap there!

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
For me the gap was a lot less vast, but still somewhat significant. Five months between me seeing the first film compared to the second. But once I saw the second, I watched through the rest of the series pretty quickly.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
What was your military service like (in general)? Did you enjoy it?

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well... it was conscription. To say that I was unhappy for having to serve two years without a say would be an understatement.

Basic military and the regimentation expected of a recruit was rather grueling, but after that I got posted to a decent unit, which definitely helped alleviate things. To sum it up: it is an experience for sure, but not one I'd put myself through again. I was rather stressed constantly and around the middle I was made to do far more than what would be expected by my superiors.

As to whether I enjoy it... on the whole, no, but it could definitely have been worse.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Did I ask you this yet?

If you could learn 4 Pokémon moves, what would each one be?

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Nope, it's new.

- Pay Day. (duh)
- Rest (ofc)
- Quick Guard (let's make it fair for the rat race, no priority for my competition :p)
- Draco Meteor (c'mon, it's cool to summon Meteors)

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
What Pokemon ability do you want to possess?

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Prankster. :p

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well... it was conscription. To say that I was unhappy for having to serve two years without a say would be an understatement.

Basic military and the regimentation expected of a recruit was rather grueling, but after that I got posted to a decent unit, which definitely helped alleviate things. To sum it up: it is an experience for sure, but not one I'd put myself through again. I was rather stressed constantly and around the middle I was made to do far more than what would be expected by my superiors.

As to whether I enjoy it... on the whole, no, but it could definitely have been worse.

It sounds pretty awful from the various things you've told me about it. I'm sorry you had to go through that. Still, were there any things that you did like about it?

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It sounds pretty awful from the various things you've told me about it. I'm sorry you had to go through that. Still, were there any things that you did like about it?
I suppose that it did teach me to count my blessings and not take civilian life for granted. I did have to take some leadership role in there, and even though it was thrust upon me without a choice I suppose I did learn a bit from the experience overall.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I answered this before with The Stone of Cold Fire, still one of the stronger sequels imo.

I enjoy most of them for different reasons, but I suppose if I were to list a favorite that isn't that... probably The Mysterious Island or The Big Freeze. My personal tastes for the sequels have shifted over time, so I would want to rewatch all of them before coming up with a definite ranking. :Mo

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Even in the relatively short time that I've been an LBT fan, my personal tastes for the sequels have begun to shift as well. It would be interesting to do another ranking post sometime and see how it's changed from my original ranking.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
What's your favourite cereal?
Hm... I don't usually have cereal, but I like Nestle's Honey Stars. :TreeStar