The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ask Pangaea

Pangaea · 530 · 44864

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Pretty much the same as when Cancerian Tiger asked that question before: :p completely hyperactive; constantly darting around everyone's feet such that you have to be careful not to step on him; occasionally latching onto someone's foot and treating it like a catnip mouse (it hurts, but more so it tickles like you wouldn't believe :lol); batting at every loose object in sight; sprinting around the house at supersonic speeds; attempting to climb up on the dinner table at every meal :rolleyes:; occasionally meowing when he wants attention; and exploring the ready-made labyrinth/obstacle course of my still-very-messy room at every opportunity.

I'm also amazed by how much he's grown since we first got him. My mom predicts that he's going to be a pretty big cat. At any rate, I absolutely adore him. :wub

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cats are awesome Period. :D Hehe *hugs kitty*

Have you read any good books lately?

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Over the summer, I've read a number of books, most of them dinosaur related (surprise, surprise :p). These included virtually all of the Dinotopia novels, as well as Dinosaur Wars (a book DarkHououmon introduced to me).

Most recently, I finished Far-Seer by Robert Sawyer, and now I am in the process of reading its sequel, Fossil Hunter.

Unfortunately, since my fall college semester started, I haven't had much time to read books I like, because of all the reading assignments I get. :rolleyes

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It's probably my favorite traditionally animated Disney film, but I don't watch it very often.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
What LBT fan fictions have you read?

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Let's see...

Journey to the Island by BabidiKrakenGuard
Someone Like Me by Bardock92
A Day of Remembrance by Cancerian Tiger
Rise of Storm Tide and Far Away Home by Caustizer
Quest for the Energy Stones by The Chronicler
Out of the Shadows by DarkHououmon
War of the Worlds by Falcon88
One Time Thing and Betting Game by Flipper Boid Skua
One Long Tail by The Great Valley Guardian
Quest for the Lost Souls by Green Dragon SWBF
Voyage Through Time by H.G. Wells
Two From the Past and The Devil’s Return by HM-SC
The Worlds Connected series by JFalcon
The Land Before Time XIV and other stories by Just loves anime
The Time of Great Need and Cera's Mysterious Sickness by karkovice
A Time Before Twilight by KingdomKey23
The Biggest Day of Their Lives, We Never Do Anything Together, Take Them For All They’ve Got (A.K.A. A Bad Pairing) and Something More Dangerous by Kit12
Revenge and Revenge II by LBTFan13
Battle of the Sacred Essences and Battle of the Sacred Essences II by Littlefoot1616
The Cold Time and Old Threehorns by Malte
The Land Before Time Onehalf and A Traitor in our Midst by naturalist
My New Son by nintendofreakgcn
The Adventures of Littlefoot and Ali by pokeplayer984
The Eternal Bond by raga
The Return of Sharptooth by Red Eyes Black Dragon Master
Hunger by Refia
Reign: Survival by RFZT
Twilight Valley by Serris
The Happy Threehorn, The Journey to the Great Lake, and The Mysterious World by Threehorn

(Given the presence of one particular fanfic on this list, I think I know what the next question I'm going to get from you will be. :p)

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I thought I was the only who even knew of  A Traitor in our Midst's existence. It is pretty good but the author seems to have vanished.

And you are correct.

This is a standard question: What got you interested in Twilight Valley? Do you have any suggestions/critiques for me?

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It doesn’t really take all that much to get me interested in reading an LBT story. :p Provided it is not a hatefic (I shun those on sight), is reasonably well-written, and not too depressing or R-rated, I’ll usually take it. That’s not to say I’m not picky about which fanfics I like (and like most things about me, there is not really any predictable logic behind my preferences for LBT stories, :P: besides those few guidelines I already mentioned).

While I can’t say I like the concept of wars in LBT, your fanfic is a very organized and well thought-out story. I like fanfics that put the gang into new and interesting situations (while stillócriticallyókeeping them in character), and yours abounds with examples of this. Also, while this doesn’t have to do with the story exactly, I particularly like the footnotes you post along with each new chapter, describing where you got your inspiration for certain details and elements of that chapter. (If I ever complete any of my own LBT fanfics and post them here, I think I may do the same thingóassuming that’s okay with you. ;))

As for feedback, one thing I would suggest is perhaps a guide to the named characters of Twilight Valley. You have so many OCs in your story that I have had difficulty keeping track of who’s who. Something like a list of character names, with brief descriptions telling what species they are, whose side they are on, which chapter they were introduced in, and what role they play in the war, would be extremely helpful. (PM me if you want me to go into greater detail.) Perhaps a guide to the different herbs and their properties would also be helpful.

I also have a small nitpick for the beginning of Chapter 20. When Archie appears, Cera reacts as if she’s never seen him before, when the entire gang (along with Ali) met him in LBT IV. (If your intention was that Cera doesn’t recognize or remember him, maybe you should explain that.)

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
When was the last time you read a hatefic?

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I don't think I ever have. :p I make an active effort to steer clear of hatefics, and whenever I find myself beginning to read one by accident, I metaphorically slam the book shut and hastily return it to the shelf the instant I become aware of its identity. I don't want that kind of stuff in my head. :x

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I think I've been asked this before...
I think I've been asked this before... :p I don't really have a specific type of music that's my favorite. It's something I so rarely think about that it's difficult to describe, but I usually decide whether or not I like a particular song, etc. without any knowledge of what style or artist it belongs to. (There are a few genres that I can definitely say I DON'T like, but I'm so unfamiliar with the different names that I can't say for certain which ones they are. :wacko Except rap. I find rap REALLY annoying.)

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I think you mentioned that red was your favorite color, so what's your least favorite color?

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Red’s one of my favorite colors. I’ve always liked green a lot too. Generally, however, I think different colors look better on different things, and as a result I can’t really say which color I like least. :oops

If I may tweak your question a little so that I can answer it, the color used for the dinosaurs in LBT I am least fond of is probably light brown. (Think Red Claw and the other brown sharpteeth that have appeared in recent movies and TV episodes, as well as pretty much all the background flyers we have seen since LBT VII.) Although one of my favorite characters (Mr. Thicknose) is that color, I consider it (along with pink) to be overused. I’d like to see more reds and blues in LBT, and as such many of the fancharacters I design will probably have those colors.

P.S. Just so you know, I’m not against brown entirely. I like the shade Petrie has on his head and wings, and I have no problem with the colors you chose for your dinosona (cream and dark brown). ;)

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ah I see. I kind of see color in that way also. :)

What are your favorite movies besides LBT?

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Come to think of it, I haven’t watched a lot of non-LBT movies lately (assuming the definition excludes TV series and nature shows). Listed in approximately the order they came to mind while I was considering this question, here are several films and film series I enjoy:

Ice Age
Kung Fu Panda
Wall?E
Up
The 2005 remake of King Kong
Hellboy
All of the Indiana Jones films besides Temple of Doom
The Lord of the Rings
Dragonheart
Coraline
Tremors
Pirates of the Caribbean
Several of the Marx Brothers’ movies
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
The Lion King (haven’t seen it in ages, though :blink:)

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oh man, I want to see Coraline! :D

Have you seen the musical, "Phantom of the Opera"?

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
No. I don’t care much for “Phantom of the Opera”, or plays, or most musicals. :p