The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ask away!

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
They do kinda look like the Skeksis(The movements), although the Skeksis look more like vultures then owls. :p

Alright, the first thing that pops into my head was "The skeksis look like frogs?" Because, well, Frogmouth.. When i clicked it on i was like: "Wow! They do!" And then i realised "Wait a minute, their birds.. Oops. :p" they do look familier, but im not sure from where.. :p Also, im not really sure they actually are owls although they really look like them to me.  :p

Yes, i just woke up so i am slow.. :p

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Yeah, they actually aren't owls (though they are nocturnal like them); their closest relatives are nightjars, swifts, and hummingbirds. They're called frogmouths because of their wide mouths.

Here's one that might just be inherently unanswerable: :p Why do you suppose it is that you're drawn to villainous characters?

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Villains rule and Heroes Drule!"

Actually, im not really sure myself. I've always loved the villains ever since i was a little itty bitty sea squirt. I was never afraid of Chernabog or the Horned King. I thought they were completely normal.. When it comes to Disney Villains.  :p  Why, i gladly ran up to Jafar and gave him a hug when i was little one time at the parks without a second thought. Sure, Gaston or Frollo might have given me a few nightmares or two, but i wasn't actually afraid of them. Not to mentioned i loved the Skeksis when i was little.. Besides that, it's the villains that make the stories, and it's not just the Disney Villains either. It pretty much applies to all villains, Disney and Non-Disney alike. FernGully, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, they just wouldn't be the same without our loveable villains. Think about it, without the villains, the stories would be pretty boring otherwise(Fine example is Sleeping Beauty) There is also so much stuff that we dont know about them. The Horned King for example.. Do you know how painful it was writing down his history there isn't really much known about him?  :blink: It's the villains that spark my curiosity!

But, yeah.. I either grew up weird or.. Grew up weird..  :crazy  :smile

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
That’s actually a pretty good explanation.
[size0](It’s spelled “drool”, though.)

Do you find that there are particular qualities or characteristics that make you like a villain more? Are there any villains that you don’t like?

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah, i know.. I just thought i would spell it "Drule" though. ^_^

Not really. Atleast not that i know of.. Davy Jones on the other hand? He is pretty unique for a Disney Villain. I dont recall ever seeing a Disney Villain like him, that's for sure! But other then that, cant say i really know for sure.  :DD But if there is one villain that i dont like, it's Cutler Beckett. :bang People say the Horned King was a flat character in the Black Cauldron? Look at Beckett, the guy doesn't even show emotion in the movies!  :anger Non-Disney wise, remember Gothmog? Yeah, im afraid to say i was one of many that hated the orc. But i eventually decided "Ahh, not his fault he's like that. Might as well just leave him be." and it eventually turned into "Wow! He's awesome! How come i didn't like him before?"  :p How? Long story.. Kinda involves browsing a shop for various LOTR stuff and letting out a loud gasp when i found a Mini-Gothmog-On-Warg.  :nyah

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: babidikrakenguard,Sep 24 2010 on  08:40 AM
Yeah, i know.. I just thought i would spell it "Drule" though. ^_^
Oh. Sorry, just my OCPD (obsessive-compulsive proofreading disorder :p) talking.

Did you hate Beckett because he was such an emotionless character, or just because he was such a nasty guy?

Also, what was the reason for your initial dislike of Gothmog?

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Because he was such an emotionless guy. Because he was such a nasty guy. Both. No emotion on his face what so ever. Although i actually did see a smirk or two during "At Worlds End". During the scene in At World's End before the big battle, Will and Jack switch places and Beckett quickly scoots over so Jack has to stand next to Davy Jones. When it shows Beckett, he had one big smirk on his face. Was pretty good i have to admit, but Beckett is probably my least favorite out of all the Disney Villains combined.

As for Gothmog? Well, look at the guy! His looks pretty much sealed the deal there.. The whole side-stepping the boulder didn't help much either. That and the fact it never showed him getting killed. :p But i got used to him and he became one of my favoritest characters from the movies. As for how? I dont know. After watching the movie a few times i started to like him and then it got to the point where he was my second favorite from the movies(First being the Witch-King). Alas, by that time the Extended Edition came out and it showed him getting killed.

"Arg, he got killed. I don't want him to die now, i like him!"

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Any luck making a Creeper icon so far? :)

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
No. He's small so they're all turning out lousy. :(

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Are you still planning to make a full-body icon of a Skeksis?

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yupperoo, I just need to find a good refrence picture of the clothes. Really proud with how the head turned out(Might use the head for an Ozzy/Strut one next).

In case you're wondering which Skeksis I'm doing, It's this guy: Garthim-Master SkekUng, Also known as the New Emporer

Depending on how the Skeksis turn out, I might try and do a Skeksis version of the Horned King(Would be interesting to try a Gothmog Skeksis as well, But I haven't even tried Fuzzle-Bumps yet) Worse comes to worse, I'll turn Ozzy and Strut into a Skeksis. SkekOz? SkekRut?

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
^ That's another idea; have you thought about making Ozzy and Strut icons as well?

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yup, not long after I made the head, I decided to try an Ozzy-Icon

And before you ask: Yes, I will be making a different one(Same head of course, but look at the body! Ouch!)

P.S: Goof up, sorry. Part of his leg is transparent..  :p

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well, I agree you ought to work more on the legs and body (also, I don’t think of Ozzy as being that gray), but the arms and feet are pretty good! :yes I like the eyes, too, though I think you should remove those two black pixels coming off the top of his beak (just above his mouth).

Did you say that skekUng was your favorite of the Skeksis? Any particular reason for that? :)

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Sorry it took so long to reply, computer was down.

Yup! As for why? Not really sure, I just seemed to like him more then the others(Although my other favorites are SkekZok and SkekNa). Maybe I thought he looked cooler then the others?  :neutral

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Which member(s) of Davy Jones's crew in the PotC movies (not including the captain himself ;)) would you say you liked the best? :p

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Davy Jones! ;)  :lol:

Not including the Captain himself? Hmm, that's kinda a tough choice..  :unsure: There are so many crewmembers to choose from.  :unsure: Not to mention, thanks to Pirates of the Caribbean Online, i've pretty much developed a soft spot for all of them, as they are all found on "Isla Tormenta"(Of course, my heart still goes to Davy Jones!). We call them the 'Cutie-Pies' of Tormenta(My mom plays Pirates as well, and she thinks that as well. So nyah  :smile)

I really can't answer this one..  :unsure: I like the whole crew, including Bootstrap Bill Turner, but the one I like the least I guess is Wyvern.. I don't hate him, but I don't like the fact that he told Will about stabbing the heart..  :(

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Merry Christmas everyone, and a Happy Hanukkah! :D

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey, babidikrakenguard! Haven't heard from you much lately. How have you been and what have you been up to? :)