The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Most annoying characters---your top 10

Guest · 36 · 10607

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Jan 7 2015 on  04:01 PM
I honestly don't really see Topps as that bad of a father. He obviously cares for Cera and is willing to do whatever it takes to protect her. The incident in LBT3 is merely a slipup; he let his pride get the best of him and he made a mistake. I have my doubts that he would keep repeating that mistake From what I've seen, he learned from that, and he has gotten better as the series progressed. I mean, near the end of LBT3, Topps realizes what kind of jerk he has been after he witnesses Hyp being verbally abused by his dad.

Another thing to point out, in LBT3, there is a severe water shortage and food is drying up. I can see why Topps would be more on edge during these times. He is right when he says that survival doesn't really include fairness, and he merely wanted to ensure that the residents didn't run out of food or water, lest they have to move. This extra tension would have contributed to his increased vicious nature in the movie, but as pointed out, he does get better at the end when he finally realizes his foolishness.

And let's not forget LBT5, where he does express guilt when the children leave. He at first blames Littlefoot, and then he backtracks and admits he just wants to blame somebody. It is clear in his voice and expression that he does feel bad for being part of the reason the children left. If he were honestly a terrible father, then he wouldn't show any kind of regret.

Considering that it's very likely that he lost his entire herd (his other children and his mate), can you really blame him for being overprotective of Cera? Or having a rather tough, overly cautious attitude?

do you have to be soo fussy about other people's opinions Dark Hououmon?...... Anyway it doesn't change the fact that I still bloody hate Topsy though. And he's very high in my personal list of disliked characters from my favourite media LBT or otherwise.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dalekdino,Jan 7 2015 on  05:11 AM
Quote from: LittlefootAndAliTogether,Jan 7 2015 on  07:38 AM
I wouldn't put Topsy as worst dad in media or even LBT for that matter.  What about Bron?  Where the heck was he all those years?   That excuse is as bad as some politicians's!!!!

Topps.  I really hated him for years.  I almost chalked him up to a sort of villain in film 3.   (Ramming that guy over water!  Come on man!  And your fire escape plan almost got you and your daughter killed!)  After seeing him be nicer after marrying Tria, I stopped hating him.  (Especially when Tria bosses him around in film 12.  Love that!  True, he picks on Chomper in the TV Series with the tooth thing but Cera also helps grow Chomper's fears of Doc in the TV Series too.)  

However, Topps doesn't win LBT's worst father award as that goes to Bron, a character who lives his pregnant wife and never bothers to come back for five years and then never bothers to go looking for Littlefoot, never brings his herd to the Great Valley so he can be with his son, and also isn't there for Shorty (who I also kind of dislike, though I blame his bad past and lack of love from Bron for his behavior like I blame Topps for Cera's behavior.) )

I dislike Dana and Dinah as they made me feel sorry for Cera and they are SO annoying.

Well that just my opinion, I mean Topsy is a dreadful dad. I'd hate it if he was my dad. I mean he nearly got himself and Cera bloody killed in LBT 3! And at least Bron (while the reason he'd been gone for soo long was very poor) didn't set bad examples or fill Littlefoot's head with crap when they finally met, and he's not a dick to everyone or has bad temper.
I stand with what I say I PERSOANLLY think Topsy is one of the worst dad's in media I've EVER seen! I guess it's not been a dad person as I wasn't very close to my dad growing up....

Still nice to Know I'm not the only one who hates those little buggers Dana and Dinah. AKA the core reason I HATE LBT 6. [/QUOTE]
 Actually, I'm not that big of a Doc fan either.  He doesn't dissuade Littlefoot's hero worship or ever say if he's the Lone Dinosaur.  Also, he seems kind of unfriendly for some reason.  

Not to mention, how he treated Littlefoot for being friends with Chomper was shameful.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
do you have to be soo fussy about other people's opinions Dark Hououmon?...... Anyway it doesn't change the fact that I still bloody hate Topsy though. And he's very high in my personal list of disliked characters from my favourite media LBT or otherwise.
Well, you have your opinion of Topps that I can very well relate to and DarkHououmon was just pointing out that Topps also has some moments in the movies where he isn't as bad a father as you consider him. She wasn't attacking you but just showing the other side of the coin too which doesn't mean she disrespects your (well reasoned) opinion about Topps.
I know myself that I'm judging some characters too one-sided at times and forget to take a look at their other side (e.g. Pterano does have good inside and Littlefoot isn't flawless).

Actually, I'm not that big of a Doc fan either. He doesn't dissuade Littlefoot's hero worship or ever say if he's the Lone Dinosaur. Also, he seems kind of unfriendly for some reason.
Me neither. I don't really like how Littlefoot worships him and, well, he sure is kinda unfriendly which is probably because he is a loner. He prefers to be left in peace yet he has a good heart and helps whenever he can.

Not to mention, how he treated Littlefoot for being friends with Chomper was shameful.
Oh yeah... it's been a long while since I watched that episode but I guess I didn't like it that much... Like some other guest characters (Ali comes to my mind right now), Doc's personality has changed somewhat in the TV-series... and I didn't really like how extreme his dislike of Littlefoot's friendship with Chomper is. I mean... he does have a point that Sharpteeth and Leafeaters can't be friends yet Chomper is an exception from the rule and I'm pretty sure that he (unless he's starving) wouldn't turn on his friends.
Inactive, probably forever.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Dalekdino, I'm not sure why you appear to think that I was attacking you. As Ducky123 already pointed out, I was just pointing out my view. This isn't the same as attacking. If I wanted to attack your opinion, I would have been a lot nastier about it and even out right insult you. Never once in my post did I insult you or your view; simply pointing out that Topps has more dimension to him and has some good qualities to him.

That's all I will say on the matter.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Jan 7 2015 on  04:33 PM
Dalekdino, I'm not sure why you appear to think that I was attacking you. As Ducky123 already pointed out, I was just pointing out my view. This isn't the same as attacking. If I wanted to attack your opinion, I would have been a lot nastier about it and even out right insult you. Never once in my post did I insult you or your view; simply pointing out that Topps has more dimension to him and has some good qualities to him.

That's all I will say on the matter.
Besides, I was mad at both Topps and Tria when they ignored Cera when she said she was going to the Mysterious Beyond to see if she can get eaten by a Sharptooth and Topps and Tria said "Have fun." and "Don't be late."

Besides, Tria is pretty level-headed.  She'll keep Topps in line.   :)

Besides, Topps got punished a lot in film 12.  He got bossed around by his wife (what man likes that????   :lol  ) and also fell into that mud and got laughed at by everyone (well, everyone minus Guido and perhaps Cera)

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm not sure I can think of a top 10, but here are mine:

- Rhett. Do I really need to say why I don't like him?
- Hyp, Nod and Mutt. I really don't like those three, and I especially can't stand Hyp. I just don't like bullies.
- The yellowbellies. I don't mind them THAT much, but I can't say I like them
- Ali from the TV series. She was basically Rhett's little b**ch, and I don't think the original Ali would be like that. Besides, she barely looks like herself and sounds nothing like herself at all
- Dana and Dinah. Much like the yellowbellies, I don't really mind them, in fact I find them kind of cute, but that's not to say I particularly like them.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
If I make quick short list:

Topps
Spike
Stupid Claws (aka Red Claw)
Cera
Yellowbellies
Half of sequels Sharpteeth
Hyp, Mutt, Nod
Shorty
Rhett
Wild Arms
(also I want to add Thicknose in first part of the movie)

it doesn't mean chaarcters are bad or I hate them or else. Their character is... annoying in moments.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 03:45:50 AM by Sneak »
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hmm, let's see...

Tria/Tricia
Spike
Hyp and his Gang
Yellowbellies
Tippy
The flyer referees in the twelfth film
Sue
Big Daddy
Wild Arms
The shatptooth from the sixth film

These are pretty much the only characters that dragged the quality of their films down as a whole. :sducky
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 04:33:27 PM by Sovereign »

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
hmm, I found it interesting you listed only one specific sharptooth from sixth movie... why him? :D
Why not Stupid Red Claws or generally sequels stupid sharpteeth? :D
6/14
0/26

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, it's true that Red Claw might actually be a worse sharptooth than the one in Secret of Saurus Rock but that one has remained in my mind as the most pitiful one of all. He actually loses the Gang by simply sticking his head between the trees without a reason, literally stands stands 10 seconds behind Cera doing nothing, waiting for her to notice him and I'm quite sure he could have prevented Littlefoot from escaping his mouth. Additionally, Secret of Saurus Rock is one of my favorite sequels and that sharptooth is the one thing that really bothers me in the film. While Red Claw getting defeated by echos and fruits may be even more pathetic than what the sharptooth in the sixth film did, I listed the latter here because I like Secret of Saurus Rock far more than any of the TV episodes and that's why he annoys me more. :sducky As for the other sharpteeth, it's kinda the same story but aside from the Wisdom of Friends predators (who had a very minor role), I'm not sure if the other sharpteeth were such an embarrassment to their kind. ::)

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
heh, thanks for explanation.
Actually, sixth LBT is my less favorite sequel at all. But for me, that sharptooth was 32 times better than Stupid Claws, he even survived long fall, like God of Sharptooth from first movie! XD
6/14
0/26

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Him survival the fall was rather impressive but sadly, its aftermath wasn't. :p This might be off-topic but I'd want to know why you dislike the sixth film so much?

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
well, I don't dislike it, it's my less favorite sequel movie. :D Less than Secret of Saurus Rock I like only more than half of episodes of TV series.
Why? hmm... General plot and atmosphere, idiocy about bad luck, idiocy of adults, a little or even a bit off characters in my opinion, especially Littlefoot, baby twins manages to go so far from valley, sharpteeth of course, small vibes of some Western movie - all this together makes such salad I tasted and since then, since the very fist time of watching it, especially after I watched my favorite so far Mysterious Island, I said "I didn't like it", and even thirteen movie didn't convince me. That's just question of... a taste.
:)

Hope you understand me.

6/14
0/26

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, I can see most of those points but I really like the portrayal of characters in that film as well as the bad luck-theme. But, yeah it's a matter of taste. :)

RubberDucky

• A Mo Fan Too
  • Member+
  • Chomper
  • You should not eat talking trees. Nope, nope, nope
    • View Profile
    • Odie's Ocean on Wordpress
I don't find the majority of the characters in LBT annoying, with the exception of Rhett, Hyp, Mutt, and Nod. I find the yellowbellies and Dinah and Dana only a little bit annoying, (in fact I find Dinah and Dana more cute than annoying), and I like the tinysauruses and Tickles.
Pinkie Pie is best pony, yep yep yep! :duckyhappy My favorite LBT sequel is LBT V. :chompysmile
My thelandbeforetime.org username is Ducky. :Mo

credence007

• Ruby
    • View Profile
As a lifelong fan of LBT, I find it hard to dislike any of the characters. My number one pick is actually the only one I dislike:

10) Mo, I always found him slightly annoying, even though I still find him somewhat likable, he, unlike the rest on this list, has many redeeming qualities, like his innocent playfulness, but at the same time has a very big heart and is brave enough to fight the Liopleurodon Sharptooth and was even willing to sacrifice himself to save his friends, even if he knew he may not make it out alive

9) Cera: Yes, I know she’s one of the main characters, but sometimes she’s just plain mean for no reason, and quite full of herself sometimes, which is typically her downfall. Thankfully, she has redeeming qualities, like how much she loves her friends, despite being raised to be prejudiced against them.

8) Archie: I don’t dislike him, but he is an obvious filler character

7) Tickles: Extreme filler, and adds almost nothing to the story

6) Hyp: He reminds me of the very first kid that ever bullied me, very similar and cruel personality, would tease me, call me dumb, and on the daycare van home from school, he threw a seatbelt at my face. Hyp even has that same evil smirk on his face that the bully from my daycare had on his face.

5) Shorty: He’s just a bully from the very beginning, but later it is revealed that he bullies Littlefoot out of jealousy, which is understandable, but at the same time does not excuse him from the things he does to him

4) Tippy’s Mom: I just find her annoying, the way she baby-talks Spike and even others all the time, and the way she says “Tippy, Spike, don’t lag!” her tone of voice in that scene was just a little too rude and condescending in my opinion...

3) Ally: She’s a little too closed minded, but at least in the end she redeems herself by learning her lesson in diversity.

2) The Old One: I find her to just be a little too pessimistic that it just drags down the story and makes it even more depressing and hopeless...

1) Mr. Threehorn aka “Daddy Topps”: I absolutely hate Hate HATE Mr. Theeehorn, and I find him to be the most despicable character in the entire series. What Tria sees in him is beyond me. He is ALWAYS angry about something, he is rude and has no manners, and above all: HE IS A RACIST!!!!! Unlike Cera, who is younger and therefore more open minded due to her diverse group of friends that she grew to love despite originally believing her father’s prejudices, Mr. Threehorn NEVER gets over his racist tendencies, and it sometimes makes me wish that HE had gotten bitten by the original Sharptooth and not Littlefoot’s Mother (lol yes I dislike him that much). He just reminds me of so many angry and grumpy and poorly-educated baby boomers that are still around today that verbally assault customer service workers and verbally abuse their spouses and family members, not that I mean to shade people from that generation, but many people will know the stereotype (like the male version of a Karen). Mr. Threehorn is SUCH a Karen, it’s not even funny...
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 12:53:56 AM by credence007 »