The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Xenoblade Chronicles sequel coming to Wii U!

vonboy · 4 · 1147

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
A couple days ago, Nintendo did another of their Nintendo Directs, this time simply called a Wii U Direct, since it was just about Wii u updates and games.

At the very end of the feed, They showed a trailer for what LOOKS like some kind of direct sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles. It's simply called "X" at the moment, and I have no idea how early on they're in development, or when it'll be coming out, but I'm already excited for it!

I've played the original game (Which Pterano told me is more of a spinoff of past Xenogear games.) and I really enjoyed what I got to play. Of course, my wii doesn't wanna play it most of the time, and T gotta look into that still.

I also posted this for Pterano, since he was really interested in Xenoblade Chronicles.

Trailer
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
If it is a sequel, I wonder if Shulk and the others will be returning.

*Spoilers down below*

It's going to be interesting seeing what the new world looks like. At the end of the game, Alvis said that the new world is vast which makes me wonder if we'll see things like humans or other creatures.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It's called Xenoblade Chronicles X now.

From the looks of the game lately, it doesn't really look like it's a direct sequal. It looks like it's taking place in a different universe entirely, with an actual earth, and real-world cities and stuff. They've also said, that it's merely taking elements from Xenoblade Chronicles, and other past Xeno games, like the Xenogears and Xenosaga ones. The Nopon being back is kinda confusing, but maybe they just wanted to use that race again? I do really love those little guys! :D

It's supposed to be coming in 2015, so hopefully we don't have to wait much longer.  :yes
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
I forgot I posted in this topic. Dang!

It makes sense that Xenoblade X wouldn't be a direct sequel. Not many game series are(GTA, Final Fantasy, Zelda, even Assassin's Creed as far as the past parts go). After all, keep focusing on the same characters and world too much and it becomes harder and harder to make a game in that series.

With that said, I do hope that we'll see Shulk and the others. It just wouldn't feel the same without them.