The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Slingball

vonboy · 2 · 1144

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
hey, guys!

After looking back at a couple of games I made years ago, I decided to get back into game development. I'm working on remaking Slingball(Here), a game I made for my Highschool senior project. I've sadly lost the source code, so I'm having to start back from scratch.

The game is a little bit like minigolf, but different. The object is to launch(sling) a ball through a course into a goal. There's a lot of obstacles in your way, though. Replay levels to try to get par!

This time, I'm putting in a level editor so you guys can make your own levels! :DD I tried to put it in the first time around, but was running into too many bugs and problems. I'm putting it in from the beginning here, so it's built around a level editor. I'm actually using that editor to make my own levels for the story mode.

Here's what I have so far, after a few days of work.Slingball

The level editor works right now, and you can make and trade around your own levels. just please mind that some of the objects you can place are just placeholders, and don't actually do anything yet.

Tell me what you think, and show off any levels you come up with! I'd also love to hear suggestions and bug reports.  :DD
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Sounds interesting. :yes  I will download the program and see what I think.  I never really programmed anything more advanced than numerical puzzle games and a horrible racing game, but it seems to me that designing the game around the level editor itself is probably a wise strategy.  If anything else, it might make the debugging process a lot more straightforward.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.