The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What are you favorite 15 films?

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Would you believe I'm actually rearranging my list?  Still in no particular order and not including LBT:

1. Star Wars (originals)
2. Hero
3. All Dogs Go To Heaven
4. Iron Monkey
5. Legend of the Drunken Master
6. Secret of NIMH
7. Pirates of the Caribbean
8. Jurrasic Park (first two)
9. Stealth
10. Dinotopia
11. Kiss of the Dragon
12. The One
13. Dragonheart
14. Balto
15. The Eagle had Landed

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
13. Dragonheart

If I'm not mistaken, this is the movie with Jackie Chan in it translated in English since it was originally in Japanese. I remember my mom coming home with a Jackie Chan movie for me, and I put it in and it didn't seem too promising. But after a while it became quite an interesting movie :D I liked it :^.^:

Can't find it though, got lost somewhere in my house :rolleyes:

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
I'm not very interested in Fantasies.  I have always been a hardcore Sci Fi fan.  If you gave me any Science Fiction movie, I would sit down and watch it, no matter how bad people say it is.  Usually, bad Sci Fi movies that I've seen I find stupid in an enjoyable way.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
To Littltefoot fan: You're mistaken. "Dragonheart" was a 1996 movie starring Dennis Quade as an aged knight who teams up with a dragon to vanquish a great evil.

Cyberlizard: Considering that sci-fi is technically fantasy, you are a hardcore fantasy fan.  :D
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
To Littltefoot fan: You're mistaken. "Dragonheart" was a 1996 movie starring Dennis Quade as an aged knight who teams up with a dragon to vanquish a great evil.
Heh, then maybe it was Red Dragon or something :slap

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
This is kinda unrelated but did anyone here that Don Knotts died? :cry2  :cry2  :cry  :cry

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I did.  Never watched Andy Griffith though so I never saw the guy in action.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah, I just found out today. Sad, really, I always liked him.  :cry
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I watched The Patriot in American History class today.  I liked it.   :yes  Very bloody and lots ov violence but it was a great movie.  Has Mel Gibson in it.  Has anyone here seen it?  One scene I didn't like though was when that psycho Brittish colonel locked those people in a church and burned it down.  Or when he shot that kid in the back.  That guy deserved to die.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I was "The Patriot" in theatres with my Mom, when it came out, I guess about 5 or 6 years ago.  It was alright, but I'm not normally into history, or war movies.  I just went for the sake of going to a free movie, and I had nothing better to do  :P:
I didn't dislike it; it was one of the better movies I've seen, of that genre.

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well let's see I have so many it's hard too choose 15....

1. All Dogs go too Heaven

2. Oliver and Company

3. Lion King

4. Brother Bear

5. Fox and The Hound

6. Lady and the Tramp

7. All Dogs go too Heaven 2

8. Ice Age 2

9. Fox and the Hound

10. Toy Story

11. Lady and the Tramp 2

12. Bambi 2

13. Bambi

14: Aladdin

15. Terminator.

What can I say I'm a fan of Disney along with LBT movies. * Gets eaten by sharptooth for saying that*

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
I wouldn't sic one on you....I'm more a fan of Disney than anything so I wouldn't fret about that.  :P:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
As for the Patriot, I watched the movie and it has some rather impressive scenes in it. The way the battles were fought as a kind of "Russian Roulette with thousands of participants" is fairly accurate. Apart from that the movie lacks historical accuracy and it serves many clichees.
I wonder if it is a coincidence that Mel Gibson made Cornwallis talk with a slight Jidish accent.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Lion King 2 Bambi 2, Lady and the Trump 2? No offense but those sequels suck, they can't hold candles to the originals. Why Disney felt they had to add sequels onto films that were 50 and 60 years old boggles the mind. Next they'll make sequel to Pinnochio :slap
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Next they'll make sequel to Pinnochio.
Nick, don't even kid about that!  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  <_<  

All I know is that Michael Eisner seriously needed to start laying off the acid.

A sequel to "Lady and the Tramp": what the heck were they thinking?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
They did have a sequel to Snow White in the pipeline a while back but got canned because of the fan outrage.  Maybe that was just a rumor, but you never knew at that time.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
A sequel to "Lady and the Tramp": what the heck were they thinking?
I've never seen "Lady and the Tramp" and I haven't seen the sequel either. I only know the basic plot of "Lady and the Tramp" from an audio play. But why is it that this movie in particular is seen as one that couldn't be continued with a sequel?
I'm not criticizing anyone or anything I'm just wondering why that movie apparently more than a few others is considered impossible to be continued.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Because the Ladt and the Tramp's story was so completely wrapped up that it would foolhardy to contiue, and the sequel isn't even about them, hell, "Lady" only has about 15 minutes of screentime in the sequel.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Plus, the sequel sucked wind like most of the other sequels Disney has done.