The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

I think this "uncut version" obsession

Dashaque

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I had my doubts but I was kind of hopeful for something.  

But thanks for letting us know, I guess someone should update that wiki ;)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
I find it kind of funny how people have lost hope in the deleted scenes and then (thankfully) storyboards for the sharptooth encounter were found months later. Then, just last year, the Hell scene from All Dogs Go To Heaven was found in full. Hopefully something LBT-related pops up soon. Maybe we can find more stills. I'm not saying the movie is bad because of the cuts; I just think that if nothing was cut the movie would be even more amazing than it is now.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Can't agree with you more. The movie feels incomplete whenever I watch it...
Inactive, probably forever.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah it's awful that it's gone for good and true the movie does feel incomplete without those senses added.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
While actually seeing the cut scenes is rather unrealistic at this point, I'd say there's a good chance that we'll find out more information about in the future. Most people who worked on the film are still alive and it would be great if some people were as helpful as Pudleiner. Also, I didn't know that the scene from All Dogs go to Heaven was found!  :wow  I don't care for that film too much but it does give hope for the LBT scenes as well. Even if I would love to see them, more information about those scenes is all i dare to wish for at this point.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
did you guys ever tried to contact these people from the name of forum? To mr. Pudleiner, for example?
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It's been 29 years I think we've waited long enough for an answer about the deleted cut sences.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: ADFan185,Jun 10 2017 on  03:14 PM
It's been 29 years I think we've waited long enough for an answer about the deleted cut sences.
It's not about finding the scenes in full (as there's almost no chance of that) we are trying to find more stills and cels of the scenes so that we can piece together the scenes more than we did before, because some scenes we don't even know anything at all as to what happened. Finding storyboard drawings from early production of the Sharptooth vs Mama Longneck fight scene of Sharptooth ripping Mama Longneck's back open in full or a cel from the 19 seconds of the cut fight scene would help with that. It's definitely possible that we can find more information of that scene in the future, as we have found lots of stuff from other scenes. But there are still others cut from the soundtrack that we don't know about.

Sovereign  Posted on Jun 10 2017, 02:18 PM
     While actually seeing the cut scenes is rather unrealistic at this point, I'd say there's a good chance that we'll find out more information about in the future. Most people who worked on the film are still alive and it would be great if some people were as helpful as Pudleiner. Also, I didn't know that the scene from All Dogs go to Heaven was found! dino_wow.gif I don't care for that film too much but it does give hope for the LBT scenes as well. Even if I would love to see them, more information about those scenes is all i dare to wish for at this point.

Yes, the All Dogs go to Heaven hell scene was found in full. I don't know the information about the cut scenes though, like if Don Bluth possibly said they were officially lost but were found but if that's true, then maybe we might find a lost LBT scene. But I'm not too optimistic about that one though.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
my first question is still valid., guys.

and other question: WHERE THE HELL (lol unintentional pun) was found scene from All Dogs... ??? Who found it and posted?
6/14
0/26

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh wow I never knew about the all dogs go to hell sence I must look for this information about this.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Snik,Jun 11 2017 on  10:17 AM
my first question is still valid., guys.

and other question: WHERE THE HELL (lol unintentional pun) was found scene from All Dogs... ??? Who found it and posted?
About your first question first. I don't know if anybody has asked Pudleiner. I didn't.

Now, about the cut parts of the All Dogs Go to Heaven hell scene. It popped up on the internet back in October. Here is where it first showed up. It shows the first dragon-skeleton demon raise its head and open its eyes. It also shows a lot more of the second demon. The second demon's head flies down towards Charlie and says: "NOW, YOU ARE MINE!" right in front of the screen before he starts messing with Charlie and then he throws his head back and the scene continues as normal. Here is a full restoration of the scene with the cut parts.

I also just learned that Gary Goldman said that the scenes were destroyed, but, they were found in an archive and burnt onto a disc. The same was said for the original LBT by Don Bluth, so you never know what could happen in the future, for All Dogs Go to Heaven, and LBT. Plus, this movie came out only a year after LBT, and a lost scene was only found last year. Again, you never know what we could come across, or somebody else. It gives me a little bit of hope that we could find a cut scene in full, or, more likely, more cels.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
would like to see if we do something with email sending. :3

And not only about original movie. I also want to ask someone what they did to Shorty in last installment... Who knows, maybe even somebody from voice cast knows about storywriters' plans. Who knows...

thank you for link! :D
how the hell that happened, though... Material is permanently destroyed, but it was on some mysterious tapes... Oh, wh knows what would happen with LBT material...

6/14
0/26

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes thank you so much for this now hopefully we'll get some answers someday soon

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Quote from: ADFan185,Jun 12 2017 on  12:47 AM
Yes thank you so much for this now hopefully we'll get some answers someday soon
?
what person do you thank and for what?
at this time, as I know, nobody did nothing.
6/14
0/26

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Most likely me. For linking the ADGTH stuff.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes o need to work on quoting people I keep forgetting to do that

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Quote from: Hypnobrai,Jun 12 2017 on  03:39 AM
Most likely me. For linking the ADGTH stuff.
thanking you for watching some movie? lol ok nevermind

Should I create new thread about sending letter to oneof LBT creators / asking if somebody did this?
6/14
0/26

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm not sure but would that go to the projects section?  :unsure: Anyway, this is well worth a try but do you have any idea on how to contact these people? Especially the animators or background artists might have some interesting information but where do we find their e-mail addresses? If we get to know them, I would be happy to take part in this idea.  :)

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Finding there e-mail address could be a bit difficult to find.