The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Saying goodbye to my grandmother (soon)

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
A few weeks ago, I received the news that my grandmother has cancer, and probably only has about two or three months left to live. It was after I had Easter supper with my father when he informed me. I was saddened for sure, although not very surprised, as she is in her mid-80s now, and both of my grandparents on my mother's side had already passed away after reaching a similar age. (and my paternal grandfather died a long time ago, before I was even born)

But amidst my heavy heart, there was a silver lining to be thankful for. For my dad also informed me that he and my aunt (his sister) will be flying out to Newfoundland to see my grandmother one last time, and I was invited to join them. When I think of other loved ones I've lost over the years, where they were taken from me very suddenly and unexpectedly, it feels like a blessing that this time around I actually have a chance to say goodbye first.

Myself and my father and aunt will be leaving early this May. I live in Alberta, and Newfoundland is all the way over on the opposite side of the country. Because of covid restrictions, we have to self-isolate for 14 days before we can go see my grandmother, so in the meantime the three of us will be hanging out at the rental house finding ways to pass the time. :DD But my aunt tells me that we'll also be renting a car and that we might do some day trips to other nearby places, which would be nice since it would mean we're not confined just to the house during that time. And the house itself looks like it'll be nice. I've always enjoyed going for long walks and so I'll probably be doing a fair bit of that too while I'm out there.

Lastly, I will more than likely be taking a lot of photos out in Newfoundland, which I will share with you all when I return. :wave

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey Ian, so sorry to hear about your grandmother. As you know my grandmother recently passed as well, and I too was happy I could visit her one last time to say goodbye.

I hope your trip goes well, and that your reunion may be filled with happiness despite the sad situation. If you ever need a listening ear, I'm here for you.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Sorry to hear that Ian. I hope one last visit will give you some proper closure when she passes. I hope you manage to make the most out of your trip.

Mouse-a-saur

• A Winchesterian Paradox
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Supernaturally Yours
    • View Profile
I'm very sorry about your grandmother; we're all here for you. I wish you all the best on your trip.  :MomCompassion

~*And I'm something called a Jared Padalecki*~

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Sorry to hear that...

I never met any of my grandfathers. They died in early age before I was born...
One of my grandmothers passed 1,5 years ago at old age. It was tough for  me to say goodbyes one day before she died...
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
I'm so sorry for the news about your grandmother, but I'm glad you have this chance to see her one more time. Best wishes for your trip.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
I'm very sorry to hear about the news, Stardust. Should you feel like it, my door is always open for my friends. We're all here for you, whatever you need.

Tails77

• Chomper
    • View Profile
hey man, just wanted to drop by and give you my condolences. 

make the most of your trip, and make sure your grandma  knows how loved she is!
I'll find something better to put here eventually..

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile