The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Mr. Thicknose Showcase - January 2022

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Yep, it is now your turn, Mr. Thicknose!  For the next month you have a captive audience for your lecture!

Enjoy everyone!

-------------------

In this topic please feel free to discuss Mr. Thicknose as a character, to share your own creations (fanfics or fanart) concerning him, or to mention some of your favorite fanworks of others involving him.  For a full set of rules please see the 2022 Monthly Character Showcase topic but keep in mind that this is meant to be fun as opposed to any sort of contest.

I will go ahead and get the discussion started with the following questions:

1.  How useful do you think Mr. Thicknose’s lectures are to the general education of the children?

2.  What life lessons do you think are showcased by Mr. Thicknose’s experiences in LBT VIII?

« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 09:42:24 AM by Mumbling »

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
How useful do you think Mr. Thicknose’s lectures are to the general education of the children?

I think they are useful. While the truth us The Gang of Five knows more from exploring The Mysterious Beyond, Land of Mists, and etc; and they have made friends even with Sharpteeth, Chomper and his parents; Mr. Thicknose can educate them on what are the necessities of life and that they should keep exploring, and not waste their youthfulness.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

The jewelstone queen

• just call me Jewel ; D
  • Spike
  • I'm just an artist :0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel (I animate stuff, they old)
Even though he is a side character, it's nice to acknowledge that he's not too bad.

I can understand that the other folk don't like him all too much being that Thicknose fills the children's minds with disbelief. 

Even though I haven't watched the movie where he was first introduced, I can only say that he simply tells the kids about the wonders of life, along with teaching them on how to live to the best. It all ends to the children whether they want to believe him and take his advice or not.

There was lots of conflict between Mr Thicknose and Mr Threehorn. Being that there isn't much evidence for the things Mr Thicknose says, it makes sense how some of the dinos don't believe him. They just need to realize that he had lived longer. And if Mr Threehorn still won't listen, tell him to eat a rock.
I'm currently writing an lbt fanfic about Littlefoot and Ruby, it's a little cringy at first. Go check it out if you're interested! FANFICTION.NET- https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14063661/1/The-Land-Before-time-Unbearable
OR RIGHT HERE ON THE WEBSITE- https://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=17556.0

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile

1.  How useful do you think Mr. Thicknose’s lectures are to the general education of the children?

I'd say he probably has a lot of knowledge to hand from hearing so much over the years so he's probably pretty useful.

2.  What life lessons do you think are showcased by Mr. Thicknose’s experiences in LBT VIII?

I suppose Mr Thicknose shows that even though he might know a lot from hearing about things, knowledge goes hand-in-hand with experience. The kids may have had the experience when they went looking for Ducky and found the hot springs, but they also needed Mr Thicknose's knowledge to help them realise where they were in the Mysterious Beyond.

I like that he gets a bit more adventurous in the TV series such as when he went off to see Hidden Runner, and I always find the spats between him and Mr Threehorn rather amusing too.

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion