The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

War Before Time Trailers

The Mr E

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR2xgLmWcQ8

STORIES IN ORDER:
"Mentors of Yesteryears" FanFiction Link
"Babysitting a Sharpneck" FanFiction Link
"Because You're a Sharpneck" - FanFiction Link | Gang of Five Link
"Surviving a Sharpneck" - FanFiction Link | Gang of Five Link
"Circle of Death" - FanFiction Link | Gang of Five Link
"War Before Time I: Fall of the Valley" (incomplete) - FanFiction Link

Did all the editing, animatic sketches, title art and voices myself, altering the pitch to help match the characters.  Cera's voice is easier to execute than I expected.  There isn't much nuance to the way she speaks, so it's easy to just go over the top with her attitude.  Not saying I did a perfect job, but I'm satisfied. :D

Programs Used:
Krita (digital art)
Hitfilm Express (video editing)
Audacity (audio editing)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2022, 08:24:25 AM by The Mr E »

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
WHOA! This animatic is amazing! I can’t believe how well you recreated the sound/pacing/intonation of each character’s voice! And of course, as anyone who’s already familiar with your art could have guessed, your drawings here look great too!

Kind of sad that I’m the only one to comment on this so far, even though it’s been here for months. Maybe it’s because the cover image doesn’t make it immediately evident that this is an animatic, but still. Wake up and smell the tree stars, people! Anybody who’s interested in LBT fanart or fanfiction needs to watch this!

"I don't see anything!"--Cera

"Maybe your eyes are getting in the way."--Rainbow Face

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
How I missed that??? :O

I didn't read the stories, but I recognized Sharpneck character from drawings (she is too notable to be forgotten). :D
Good video. And animatic is just awesome!!!

The Mr E

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
"WHOA! This animatic is amazing! I can’t believe how well you recreated the sound/pacing/intonation of each character’s voice!"  Thank you so much @RainbowFaceProtege !  Strangely enough, Littlefoot's voice was a bit more challenging than the others.  In his young adult form, I wanted him to give off a feel somewhat similar to Bron.  My accent slipped through there just a bit.  If I voice his adult self again, I'll try to add a little more youthfulness, since a key point of his development is that he hasn't lost his child-like spark.  For Dagara's, I settled on this for now.  She should have a slight growl or purr in her voice, especially since she doesn't hide it around the gang anymore.  I haven't figured out how to pull that off yet while making her sound feminine.

"And animatic is just awesome!!!"  Glad you like it, @Sneak !  It was going to be a full-colour, slightly more animated scene, but animatics feel effective enough as they are.

It's implied in the video, but I'll clarify anyway: mist is coming out of their mouths because the new stone of cold fire has caused a rapid temperature drop.