The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

TenderlyLiz's Character Bios and More!

TenderlyLiz

• Member+
  • Ruby
  • "ᴏɴʟʏ ᴀ ᴛʀᴜᴇ ɪᴅɪᴏᴛ ᴘᴇʀꜱɪꜱᴛꜱ ɪɴ ʜɪꜱ ᴇʀʀᴏʀ..."
    • View Profile
Thank you for stopping by and taking a peek, if you have any questions, please let me know!  :RhettAli

Character list:

- Ruse
- N/A
- N/A

⚜️🎭𝕽𝖚𝖘𝖊🎭⚜️

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

Basic Information

Name: Ruse
Pronunciation: (R-ooz)
Species: Thalassodromeus Sethi, Pterosaur

Detailed Description:

Appearance: From the first curl of his generous crest, to his relatively feeble little tail, Ruse is clad in a brilliant carrousel of colors. Yellows, reds and oranges clash on his delicate beak, proudly proclaiming his presence far before any noise leaves his maw- for those with relatively good eyesight, of course. He stands at a total of 5'4, rather small for a fowl of his maturity, his wingspan barely reaching 12ft. If he wasn't careful, someone might mistake him for a delicious little snack! He sports no scars or blemishes to his wonderful hide, his feathers properly preened whenever he gets the chance.

Personality: Ruse is extremely self important and arrogant, often injecting himself into conversations or situations that do not involve him, only to be shooed away like an obnoxious little fly. Incredibly selfish and self-sustaining, he travels alone...though only due to his own misconduct. He enjoys finding packs and following them, picking off their food when they're not paying attention. He's a horrible hunter, one of the worst, and relies solely on the work of others to sustain himself- often spotted floundering in bodies of water in feeble attempts to fish, or pecking at hatchlings along beaches until their mothers take issue and chase him off. Regardless of how self-important he felt, Ruse finds himself longing for companionship when the day is over, and the games have finished. He will circle his nest, coo gently to the night air, and wait for a flock.

...if one would ever take him...  :(petrie

He struggles with a desire to belong, and will try to bribe respect and attention via gifts of pretty shells or rocks- often landing squarely on his receivers heads.
Goals and Challenges: Ruse desires respect and acceptance, and struggles with his fear of being rejected or denied those desires. Without having ever experienced what they feel like, Ruse attempts to garner them through small acts of service or gifts, though is easily turned down thanks to his trickster-like personality. He's desperately lonely.

Backstory/History:

He hatched in the depths of the night, waking beneath the graces of a small, dead tree. There was no welcome, no nuzzle of a warm beak against his own, no gentle whispers to encourage his clumsy dance from his eggy hiding spot. A trill, faint, sweet, to the stars above his crest, but no one to answer it- say for the Sarcosuchus slowly slithering their way through the swamp he had been given life on. He had been such a small egg, and while he had been slumbering within his little warm bed, his siblings had made their way to the new world and had taken flight, slipping away into the night sky without a trace.

He was alone... and he had never felt it more than in that moment of stillness.

For days he sat idle...waiting. He didn't know for who, or for how long, but all he knew was that he needed someone. He would spend his time circling his tiny hump of earth, dipping his beak into the water's edge and fishing out what worms and pond scum he could survive on. It all tasted so foul, and Ruse was growing weary. He swore he could hear a voice beckoning from the tree lining, eerily a fond, familiar one- one he had heard within the confines of his egg many moons ago. If he had been any smarter, he might've followed, but instead he opted to stay in his tiny nest and watch the stars twinkle in the night sky.

By chance one day, Ruse spotted a flock of pterosaurs flying above the marshy pit he had been stuck in. Tucking himself into the small, hollowed out tree he had been born beneath, he watched them seek refuge on any of the dry land provided. He was intrigued by the way they had swooped down from the heavens so gracefully, his wide red eyes glued to them for some time, until they eventually slipped off again.

By watching them, the tiny bird enthusiastically attempted to mimic their movements. It took time, attempt after attempt of panicked flapping and squawks of annoyance at failing to take off the ground. He'd find himself unceremoniously plummeting into the ponds on several occasions, but with a tiny tail wiggle, and some extra help from a boulder, he was able to take off and flitter up past the canopy.

The sun struck him, bright, brilliant, its rays warm to the touch- and then- the air. Fresh, sweet, salty all the same- Ruse would never return to that murky bog of a nest, unless fate would allow.

Voice claim: Cicero: Skyrim TES
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wli4V8iPnBc
Theme song(s):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwGgQAMj5DI 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRtVFIsYPLI

(More to come soon!)

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
Ruse is very thoughtfully developed! He comes across as an impish yet sympathetic fellow so far, and I look forward to finding out about his bonds with your other OCs! Also, flyers are just cool! :D

"I don't see anything!"--Cera

"Maybe your eyes are getting in the way."--Rainbow Face

TenderlyLiz

• Member+
  • Ruby
    • View Profile
Ruse is very thoughtfully developed! He comes across as an impish yet sympathetic fellow so far, and I look forward to finding out about his bonds with your other OCs! Also, flyers are just cool! :D

Thank you!! I can't wait to introduce him to other people's ocs as well! As soon as I get home from my vacation I'll be making an open RP prompt! All are welcome so keep your eye peeled hehe!

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile

Thank you!! I can't wait to introduce him to other people's ocs as well! As soon as I get home from my vacation I'll be making an open RP prompt! All are welcome so keep your eye peeled hehe!

Ooh, sounds interesting!

"I don't see anything!"--Cera

"Maybe your eyes are getting in the way."--Rainbow Face

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
I'm just experiencing a roller coaster of emotions just reading about Ruse, his personality, and his backstory. That's when you know that a character has been written very excellently. I love his design as well, polka dots do suit him well. And I'm not saying this to stroke Ruse's ego or anything, hehe-hahaha!

Indeed I concur with Rainbow, very sympathetic despite his flaws, which do make him all the more interesting/fun.

I'm curious how he got his name if he was born alone, though? :thinking

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

TenderlyLiz

• Member+
  • Ruby
    • View Profile
I'm just experiencing a roller coaster of emotions just reading about Ruse, his personality, and his backstory. That's when you know that a character has been written very excellently. I love his design as well, polka dots do suit him well. And I'm not saying this to stroke Ruse's ego or anything, hehe-hahaha!

Indeed I concur with Rainbow, very sympathetic despite his flaws, which do make him all the more interesting/fun.

I'm curious how he got his name if he was born alone, though? :thinking

Oh, I can explain that! When Ruse is bored and needs to entertain himself, he often hunts down small herds and pesters them/harasses them relentlessly. They dubbed him "Ruse" thanks to his knack of tricking them or playing practical pranks. It just stuck! (He has no idea what it means...)

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Thank you, that certainly puts his name's origin into proper perspective! He wouldn't mind having that name certainly I'd think if he eventually finds out the real meaning, I'd imagine. After all...it's what he does best. :PteranoPlotting

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...