The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

So Sonic 2 was really good.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
A huge improvement over the first movie. More Sonic-related stuff, more story, more character beats, more action. The stakes were higher, the story felt bigger, oh, and TAILS AND KNUCKLES! It was a really fun ride which continued to evolve Sonic's character. I highly recommend the film.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
I enjoyed the first one, so I'm going to see Sonic 2 tomorrow with a friend. Looking forward to it

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I am hyped, Knux is one of my favorite Sonic characters.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Anyone else seen it yet?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Just saw it! It was amazing! Better than the first.

Tails Miles Prower was perfect!

Jim Carrey did a great job in his final role.

But the standout was Idris Elba as Knuckles the Echidna.

I need to state that I collected Knuckles The Echidna Comics by Archie, I played all the Sonic Video Games up till Sonic and The Black Knight. Knuckles or Knux was one of my favorite characters. Idris Elba made his Knuckles the best iteration of the character ever. His seriousness, devotion to honor, no nonsense, and denseness made for sone of the most hilarious scenes and bad to bone moments. The fight between him and Sonic later in the film is epic!  Every scene Knuckles is in the best. This is greatest Knuckles I’ve ever seen, surpassing all comic, video game, Sonic X TV series, and even the anime movie versions of Knux.

Also, the SPOILER moment when Sonic.. well it gave me chills!

I loved everything, Sonic, Knux, and Tails shine in their scenes together, and unlike what some reviewers said, I liked the human interruptions, they were funny and entertaining too. 

10/10
When you make the movie version of a character better than all the versions of that character in various media, you’ve done something incredible!
 Idris Elba deserves an Oscar for best voice over actor.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 02:02:04 AM by Gentle Sharptooth »

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
If you missed it, the post-credits scene from Sonic 2.

MAJOR SPOILERS!

Spoiler: ShowHide

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nXqAi-slTxE&feature=youtu.be

Shadow! My favorite character! Shadow The Hedgehog will be in Sonic 3!!!

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Just saw it! It was amazing! Better than the first.

Tails Miles Prower was perfect!

Jim Carrey did a great job in his final role.

But the standout was Idris Elba as Knuckles the Echidna.

I need to state that I collected Knuckles The Echidna Comics by Archie, I played all the Sonic Video Games up till Sonic and The Black Knight. Knuckles or Knux was one of my favorite characters. Idris Elba made his Knuckles the best iteration of the character ever. His seriousness, devotion to honor, no nonsense, and denseness made for sone of the most hilarious scenes and bad to bone moments. The fight between him and Sonic later in the film is epic!  Every scene Knuckles is in the best. This is greatest Knuckles I’ve ever seen, surpassing all comic, video game, Sonic X TV series, and even the anime movie versions of Knux.

Also, the SPOILER moment when Sonic.. well it gave me chills!

I loved everything, Sonic, Knux, and Tails shine in their scenes together, and unlike what some reviewers said, I liked the human interruptions, they were funny and entertaining too. 

10/10
When you make the movie version of a character better than all the versions of that character in various media, you’ve done something incredible!
 Idris Elba deserves an Oscar for best voice over actor.
I never thought they could top Sonic SATAM, but they did. If these Sonic movies keep up this consistency, I think they're going to have a great future.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Sonic 2 available for Early Access on Amazon Prime Video at 19.99 USD.