The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Shows you watch that are underrated

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
I’m surprised we don’t have a thread dedicated to shows you think are underrated, so I decided to create a topic to discuss underrated shows, and your feelings on why you think you like this show, and everyone failed to realize it.

Personally, an underrated show I watched was Bonkers.  Many people didn’t really like it because they thought it was unoriginal (think about it, a cop and a toon working together, where did you hear that before?), and that the main character (which is in the title) is very annoying.

But to be fair, although the show has those flaws, it still looks really good, and  when I heard about it for the first time, I decided to see myself if it was bad, and it was the complete opposite.  It has likeable characters, and it has plots of episodes that somehow aged well. 

For example, there was one episode where the D of the Hollywood sign got stolen, and Bonkers had to find the thief.  Imagine a cartoon that somehow predicted a plot point from BoJack in which the D gets stolen off of the Hollywood sign, it’s pretty hilarious when you think about that now.

So uh, enough of that show, do you guys have any favorite underrated shows?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 11:24:08 AM by chomper94 »

HotelValleyfornia

• Shark took my leg, brah!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • All aboard the Hyperfixation Express!
    • View Profile
6teen...6teen...Detentionaire...6teen...Detentionaire...6teen...6teen...Detentionaire...6teen...

But really, those are my main two underrated shows. :p Gonna give a shout-out to the excellent Stoked too, as well as the later seasons of Total Drama, which typically fly under the radar compared to the earlier seasons (up until Revenge of the Island). :chomper
Current hyperfixation: Total Drama

Yacht life! :DD

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
6teen...6teen...Detentionaire...6teen...Detentionaire...6teen...6teen...Detentionaire...6teen...

But really, those are my main two underrated shows. :p Gonna give a shout-out to the excellent Stoked too, as well as the later seasons of Total Drama, which typically fly under the radar compared to the earlier seasons (up until Revenge of the Island). :chomper

I actually am not so sure why many people hate the later seasons of Total Drama.  Like, I get that it has a new generation of people, and a lot of TD fans liked the original generation, but they need to keep in mind that they can’t use the same contestants for each new season of Total Drama forever.

HotelValleyfornia

• Shark took my leg, brah!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • All aboard the Hyperfixation Express!
    • View Profile

I actually am not so sure why many people hate the later seasons of Total Drama.  Like, I get that it has a new generation of people, and a lot of TD fans liked the original generation, but they need to keep in mind that they can’t use the same contestants for each new season of Total Drama forever.

For several people, the new casts aren't really the problem. All-Stars and Pahkitew Island had a LOT of writing issues and a few outright bad episodes, but I still liked them for what they were. The Ridonculous Race though...no clue why THAT one slips under the radar so much. I mean, Noah's there, and he's one of the most popular characters from the first generation of characters. Plus it has some of my favorite characters in the show. Then again, TD wasn't as popular in 2015 as it was in the late 2000s, so maybe it was washed under the sands of time :thinking
Current hyperfixation: Total Drama

Yacht life! :DD