The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

How have we gone this long without a remake or reboot?

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Everything has a remake these days. Man, the gang of five/seven must be doing some serious Solid Snake sneaking to avoid the opportunistic gaze of Hollywood film executives to escape unscathed. Now watch, now that I've said that, we'll be seeing a LBT remake trailer tomorrow.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I think its likely that LBT won’t ever get one. Universal woukd have an easier time just doing some new dino film. Part of if is problem that 2D animation isn’t popular anymore, and while LBT has added some 3D elements since LBTX.

It feels like perhaps there had been too much dino saturation with Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous, it being closer to Pixar style animation, and that is what Universal would make more seasons of rather than LBT. 

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I think its likely that LBT won’t ever get one. Universal woukd have an easier time just doing some new dino film. Part of if is problem that 2D animation isn’t popular anymore, and while LBT has added some 3D elements since LBTX.

It feels like perhaps there had been too much dino saturation with Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous, it being closer to Pixar style animation, and that is what Universal would make more seasons of rather than LBT. 
True. Very true.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I wouldn’t really want one tbh. The original is fine as is. If they care enough to shore up the money/animators/time, I’d rather they just make LBT 15

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • The Gang of Five's Yellow Belly fan
    • View Profile

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) on May 04, 2022, 10:16:25 AM
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) on May 04, 2022, 10:16:25 AM
I wouldn’t really want one tbh. The original is fine as is. If they care enough to shore up the money/animators/time, I’d rather they just make LBT 15

I’d rather see a LBT 15 than a reboot too.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Freckles

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • My OCs
If done right - like Jurassic World - I'd be all for a remake/reboot, personally. But the same could be said another #15 so eh. I'll watch anything as long as it's not intentionally bad/poorly made, like how I'll listen to any music that's good.

00not_nathan00

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • instagram
what would be good is for all the movies to be dumped on a streaming site like Netflix or Peacock. Seeing as Peacock is owned by Universal which in turn owns the LBT franchise. But for now you can stream it on illegal sites like 123 movies or kisscartoon . 
Still waiting for the bluth cut

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I think the official YouTube channel already allows streaming (admittedly I think you gotta rent any given sequel for a couple bucks, which isn’t quite as approachable in the long run.) I am super pleased the TV series exists on there, it would likely be almost impossible to find these days otherwise.