The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Idea for Land Before Time Stage Musical

AnimaticPsychopath

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I love stage musicals,most of my music library is just songs from stage musicals. So I always wondered how a Broadway or Off Broadway musical adaption of the original Land Before Time would be. I’ve often had some ideas about how it could go but one of them I’ve especially liked is to have Alan Menken do the music. I think his style of music would fit really well with TLBT in general and could make way for some great music and moments not seen in the original film.

Trombone2015

• Ruby
  • Keep up the good work, and stay awesome!
    • View Profile
It's a splendid idea indeed. I've already got a Google Docs document of the script. For the musical, there would need to be an overture, scenes with some songs for Act I, an Entr' Acte before the start of Act II, the scenes and songs in Act II, then bows and exit music to conclude the stage musical. I've studied and listened to some of music and songs from The Lane Before Time as well. So far, I think that Peaceful Valley would be an excellent opening number, with Imaginary Friend being one of the songs in Act I. Of course, If We Hold On Together has to be somewhere in Act II, with the main theme being the bows and exit music somehow. It would be nice to collaborate with others to get a script going to see if a read-through would be possible.