The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Did Bron meet Rooter?

credence007

• Ruby
    • View Profile
In The Great Longneck Migration, Bron mentions to Littlefoot that somebody told him about his mother’s fateful encounter with the Sharptooth. This may just be speculation, but does anyone else think it may be possible that this stranger that Bron met that gave him this information, especially seeing as the only one to witness her death was Littlefoot himself.

Rattymon

• Chomper
    • View Profile
It seems possible, but, if I'm not mistaken, he mentions that the dinosaur "...had no word..." about Littlefoot. If it was Rooter, I'm sure he would mention something.

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • The Gang of Five's Yellow Belly fan
    • View Profile

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Its plausible. I’d like to think so.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
It seems possible, but, if I'm not mistaken, he mentions that the dinosaur "...had no word..." about Littlefoot. If it was Rooter, I'm sure he would mention something.
But who else would know about the battle between Littlefoot's mother and the sharptooth. Also this might be a case of bad writing.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Unless the Sharptooth himself told Bron (lol), Rooter seems to be the only option. Littlefoot didn’t tell anyone else

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Also something else I have thought of, correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think Littlefoot ever told Rooter his name so how would Bron know he was specifically talking about his son and his wife?  As much as I love The Great Longneck Migration Bron's backstory is very poorly written as everyone has pointed out.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Also something else I have thought of, correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think Littlefoot ever told Rooter his name so how would Bron know he was specifically talking about his son and his wife?  As much as I love The Great Longneck Migration Bron's backstory is very poorly written as everyone has pointed out.

A Rainbowface appeared and said “Rooter was talking about your son and wife.” Jk :p
I think Bron assumed it was them because I mean how many single momma longnecks are walking about? Wait.. :p

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

credence007

• Ruby
    • View Profile
When Bron said the stranger had “no word” about Littlefoot, he probably meant that he had no idea what had become of Littlefoot, but the stranger knew that his mother had perished.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
When Bron said the stranger had “no word” about Littlefoot, he probably meant that he had no idea what had become of Littlefoot, but the stranger knew that his mother had perished.

Honestly, this explanation makes the most sense to me

00not_nathan00

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • instagram
I think that after the first movie the films live in their own universe. Mainly because nothing after the first really makes references to the first. Apart from bits here and there about Littlefoots mom and that he now has to live with his grandparents. I mean they even refer to where they came from as the mysterious beyond why would it be mysterious if you lived and grew up there. It just doesn't make sense  :facepalm

Still waiting for the bluth cut

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I think that after the first movie the films live in their own universe. Mainly because nothing after the first really makes references to the first. Apart from bits here and there about Littlefoots mom and that he now has to live with his grandparents. I mean they even refer to where they came from as the mysterious beyond why would it be mysterious if you lived and grew up there. It just doesn't make sense  :facepalm

For sure.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
I always thought about the person who could possibly tell Bron about his wife.

Rooter is indeed the most logical candidate. Person who knew the information should have personally seen or heard about wife's death, should have known names of Longneck family minus Littlefoot (or, at the worst, their detailed appearance). I believe Rooter and Littlefoot talked a little more after short scene from movie, and Litlefoot could tell his relatives' names.

Other option is some other dinosaurs from migrating herd who was knew Longneck family in some way and saw battle with Sharptooth, or saw Mama Longneck's dead body with scars left by predator.

-----------------------

About Mysterious Beyond - there's no mystery. (no pun intended :P)

This term was introduced in LBT2, and it was logical.
Put yourself into their position: you made one long one-path travel to some far land (it's like you travel to some city of some distant foreign country for the first time), then you made yourself a home and live there isolated for the majority of time, because it's the safest place, you never want to examine outskirts of your home, you never go outside and explore it, so you don't know much about it. So, for you, area around your town and beyond is indeed mysterious unexplored area.
Well, you HAVE to name this area somehow. Yeah, Great Valley residents could name it differently, but still, it's not the worst name in my opinion.

But in case if OTHER dinosaurs outside the valley call ANY land as Mysterious Beyond in following movies, then yeah, it is strange.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2022, 08:26:46 PM by Sneak »
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile

But in case if OTHER dinosaurs outside the valley call ANY land as Mysterious Beyond in following movies, then yeah, it is strange.
The Yellow Bellies did call it the Mysterious Beyond though it is possible that they got the name from the gang off screen when they were visiting the Great Valley.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Yeah, I think that was supposed to be the intended inference too.