The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Dinotopia (2002)

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • The Gang of Five's Yellow Belly fan
    • View Profile
It's been 20 years since Hallmarks adaptation of James Gurney's books aired on TV. What are your thoughts of the mini series?

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Fun story about Dinotopia: My family rented the Dinotopia movie from Blockbuster back in the 90s, and settled down to watch it. The plot/acting/everything was great, but it kept going and going and going...at some point, it was almost midnight and we paused to see how much is left. We discover that it wasn't a movie, it was a mini-series and it had been edited together into one long unbroken episode that was over four hours! We never actually watched the end because we were all too fatigued from our first night of it, haha

Daddytops2021

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I was just buying the DVD in a second hand store.
Raoul: (voiceover): What is this? A Triceratops? A grocery store with, and… He’s got hot dogs? Subways?

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) on May 18, 2022, 01:54:29 AM
Quote from: aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato) on May 18, 2022, 01:54:29 AM
Fun story about Dinotopia: My family rented the Dinotopia movie from Blockbuster back in the 90s, and settled down to watch it. The plot/acting/everything was great, but it kept going and going and going...at some point, it was almost midnight and we paused to see how much is left. We discover that it wasn't a movie, it was a mini-series and it had been edited together into one long unbroken episode that was over four hours! We never actually watched the end because we were all too fatigued from our first night of it, haha
Ooof. Thankfully the DVD split's it into 2 parts so episode 1 and 2 are the only ones combined while episode 3 is on Disc 2.

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Personally I really like this series. I haven't read James Gurney's books so there is probably massive retcons I am missing but on it's own it's a good mini series. Certainly a lot better than that god awful animated film Hallmark made 3 years later.

ManOfWar GT

• Spike
  • He/him
    • View Profile
Does anyone remember quest for Ruby stones?

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I just found out Hallmark Entertainment is now called Sonar Entertainment so that's what I'm going to be calling them from this point on. Or Hayclon Studios I guess.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 06:39:52 PM by LittleDas75 »