The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Should they try a more traditional Resident Evil game again?

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I'm playing through 7 and Village, and while I still love the undying heck out of them, I kinda miss the third-person perspective and the more ridiculously over the top aspects of the old games. They had this real pulpy 80s/90s action movie vibe to them which mixed perfectly with the B-grade horror angle of the Spencer Mansion. Although I don't miss the fixed camera angles and thank controls, per se.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I never played any new RE games. Only first three games. Love them. (though I still don't like too tough "tank" control)

Honestly, I'm not sure. Can (almost) exact the same game perspective, mechanics and controls attract modern audience?
RE2 remake became popular among old and new gamers, as I understood, and RE7/8 style didn't lose its relevance yet. So I'm sure they will stick to it for some time.