The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Tricia

Lain_EX · 47 · 8791

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Don't you guys thing she's wat too cute? Yes, I'm talking about Tricia, Tria's daughter and Cera's baby sister. Aww, I think she's way too cute, making her my most favorite character in LBT (I'm sorry, Littlefoot, but you've been replaced). Anyway, what do you think about her?

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I think you've lost your touch with reality, Mama Luigi. :lol You must really like little Tricia to have gone this far, especially considering that as far as new characters introduced in LBT 12 go, Guido has proven more popular amongst this community. I'm not saying I don't like her (I do!), but... words are starting to fail me. :DD

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
Why would anyone like Tricia so much? Her entire personality can be summed up in just two words "cute hatchling". That's it. Ironically, her father has more experience with young children than her mother does. I suppose it would be considered dirty for a human to have children with two females (even after one of them dies/disappears/is retconned out) in a typical animated movie. I suppose Topsy goes on record as one of the few, if only, animated characters to have children with two different females.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Compared to the other threehorn hatchlings, Dinah and Dana I consider Tricia a setback. While those two were cute as well, they also had some other features. I admit that one could not write page long characterizations of Dinah and Dana, but I'm positive one could write a lot more about them than about Tricia. They certainly have been discussed much more frequently in the GOF even though I think their total screentime is probably less than that of Tricia by now. Tricia just doesn't do anything of great interest within that screentime that is granted to her.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
She's a cute hatchling nothing more. She doesn't have ot hasn;e developed a personality, which tells me she's a very young hatchling..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 That's correct, she is just a hatchling a very adventurous one but also the kind that you cannot get mad at her (even Cera quickly became more loveable with Tricia), just like Cera in her very first scene... but Cera was different :P: .
 Today I meet Tricia and Guido at last, I still prefer Guido, but Tricia reminds me of two things:
1) There is an actress in Battlestar Galactica (the new serie) with that name: Tricia Helfer :wub:
2) Reminds me of a baby that appeared in the second season of Redwall :D .
 Maybe we'll get to see more of them soon.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Tricia will likely continue her type of appearances here and there.  Guido, as a 1 movie character will likely get only 1 episode per season.  Other then that he hangs out in the limbo valley with Doc, Bron, Shorty, and all the other movie characters.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 I think Tricia makes appearances in the serie, but since she is Tria's daughter then she is going to appear more than other movie characters like Guido or Bron.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It's likely only since they can think of more for a "cute baby" to do then another dinosaur like all those they keep popping out for a movie then off they go to the limbo valley.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 I've heard of the Limbo Valley a couple of time already, it makes me think about the digital sea from "Code: Lyoko" :lol .
 But yes, it appears that the movie characters will appear more in the serie and/or any new movie in the future. About Tricia, I think they'll keep her to avoid questions like what happened with Dinah and Danah and the other Cera's sibling from the first movie.... even though they may be hatchlings from other threehorns that wanted to see Cera's hatching.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The 2 threehorns can be explained a few ways, though some other things are harder like Cera's sibblings, her mother, Ducky's father.  Though there are brief scenes where there is a grown up swimmer next to her like the scene in LBT 5 when the gang first returns to their family being carried by the swimming longneck, then I think that adult swimmer vanishes.  I can't check without watching the whole movie or using the other pc since this one's dvd-rom drive won't read anymore.

There are other explanations for things also folks can come up with.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Well, there are tons of mysteries already, but maybe that adul swimmer didn't appear more bacuase they forgot to draw it maybe, that may not necessarily means that he went kaput!
 I just hope we'll get the answer in later movies or serie's chapters. But there are really some changes from the original movie to the sequels :yes .

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Tricia is soooo cute :lol:.  Cera finally has a little sister.  This is awesome, considering I've always believed her mother and sisters featured in the original are long gone :cry.  This again sheds light on Cera's caring side, which is a positive :yes.  I hope we get to see Tricia's personality develop.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I really cannot take too much joy in the sudden unexplained popping up of both Tria and Tricia. Tria was created mainly to create a conflict (the typical divorced parent finds another partner and the kid from the earlier relationship doesn't like it) and Tricia was mainly created to look cute. So far I don't see either of them as a real character rather than a mere story device.
I must admit though that I still haven't seen most of the TV episodes and may therefore lack the insight which most of you have. Nevertheless, I really dislike the way how these two characters were cast in the ring without any explanation whatsoever about the where- and howabouts of Cera's Mum, her siblings, and Dinah and Dana. These characters just don't deserve to be dismissed like that.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I also wish they would not just toss characters into a movie then toss them out.  Pretty annoying,  though I do like the two characters of Tria and Tricia as well.  They were, likely, originally plot devices, like other characters have been, but handled better then some other plot device characters.

Likely she'll be less speciest and such then Cera since she may have the influence of more then just her father around.  Would be interesting if she grew the backbone to be one of the few not afraid to tell someone, even her father, when they are wrong.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It doesn't appear that Cera's parents divorced... Cera's mother likely never made it to the Great Valley alive. Now, a REAL drama would be if she DID survive and find Cera's father... only to discover that he had married Tria and had a child with her. What a crazy story that would be... how would they resolve THAT?

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
A plot which will never exist outside of fanfiction.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Could be an interesting plot indeed.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Quote from: Noname,Mar 1 2008 on  11:49 AM
A plot which will never exist outside of fanfiction.
I'm not sure about this. LBT sequels oftenly were based on the problems in charaters' families. And such a plot can really take the series back to it's serious and a little dark roots.