The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Favorite video game and why

F-14 Ace · 147 · 17385

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Littlefoot Fan,Feb 2 2006 on  07:12 PM
Yea and I really loved the way you could never really kill the end boss without
Spoiler: click to toggle
Spoiler: click to toggle

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
ah sry wasn't even thinking  :bang

btw nice midi  :P:

heh cool vgmusic, I always go there :lol:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Haha, thanks  :DD
It was an older project, but it turned out alright, just the same.  Actually, it was one of my first MIDI attempts that actually turned out decent  :p

Anyways, back on topic (geez, I'm bad for that  :rolleyes: )
The SNES had a lot of interesting games

Anyone ever enjoy the Mario Kart series?  I always found the original SNES one the most fun.  The N64 one is alright if you can get a few people together for battle mode, or versus.  The Gamecube one, I thought, was fairly weak, as a Mario Kart game.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
np  :P:

I can't recall playing any mario kart games lol I may have and just don't remember but the last one I remember playing is mario kart double dash. What a game that is  :P:. Not addicted to it or anything but it is pretty fun  B)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Double Dash for the Gamecube was an...interesting twist on the series, being able to have two characters in one kart, but I actually preferred the classic style, one kart, one driver, every man for himself.  It wasn't a bad game, but I thought it was relatively overrated for a Mario Kart game.  I hope the next one (assuming they're making one for the Revolution system) will be an improvement on Double Dash.    Then again, this is hardly a fair review, since I only played the game for about 2 hours total.  I don't own it.

I do own the other two, however  :DD

The N64 one was alright - a nice change from the original, but the game seemed to run Very poorly with multiple players, especially in the Grand Prix mode.  Then again, most N64 games had this problem - the system wasn't powerful enough for its games.  And the final course in MK 64; Rainbow Road?  *sigh* what a boring course.  You can't really fall off or do anything tooo stupid, it's painfully long, and it's all the same.

The SNES one was beautiful Mario Kart game:
Nice variety of tracks for its time - good music - the last cup has some Very hard courses in it.  Unlike the N64, the final track of the SNES version was very difficult.  I'll just leave it at that.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
oohh yea, I DO remember an older mario kart. I knew it was in my brain some where :rolleyes: lol

Yea I remember the mario kart for n64, had such fun with that one. But you really don't like the raindow road track? That had to be my favorite one since it was just so strange and nothing but winding roads of rainbows. Can't really remember the music but I know that was one of my favorite aspects about it :P:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I will give it that - the N64 Rainbow Road had nice music  :yes
I just didn't like the fact that it was all the same, and sooo much of "all the same".  It was a very classy looking track, I just wish it was harder, for the final track in the game.

The SNES' Rainbow Road.  Now That was fun :P:

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I can't remember this other track that I really liked but I know it was some sort of castle one. What a fun track that was! I think it was right before the Rainbow Road one, not sure

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ahh, the ghost one...what was the called again?  I can't remember either  :p
I likes many of the tracks in MK 64 - I'm glad they were longer than the tracks in the SNES version.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yea it was like a spooky kind of theme to it, have no idea what the name was lol

Also, what's the one for SNES like? Does it show like the tops of the cars? Can't imagine a mario kart game in 2d  :P:

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Mario Kart for the SNES was awesome. It didnt look too bad considering it was 2D. The view point is pretty much exactly the same as for the N64 version...just sitting behind the racer. Great fun but I personally prefered the N64 version.

As for the castle stage...wasn't it Bowser's Castle? Found that stage annoying with all the lava pits and Thwomps pouncing on you from above! LOL :lol My favourite stages were normally the Yoshi tracks. I hated Rainbow Road coz I could never stay on the track! Kept falling off! PMSL :DD But it nice to see some consistancy in the tracks over the different MK releases...there's always a Rainbow Road in there somewhere and a Bowser's castle.

I loved MK for it's multiplayer but I couldn't really enjoy it much on my own. It's great on the N64 having a bunch of friends over screaming at a TV screen at each other's antics! PMSL!  :lol

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
As for the castle stage...wasn't it Bowser's Castle?

Yea that's the one  :yes

btw, what does PMSL mean? lol

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
PMSL = peeing myself laughing. Kind offa upgrade from LOL... :lol

Hey! Does anyone have the GC game Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance? It the first GC game to feature Marth (from Smash Bros. Melee). It looks really cool and I've been trying to get my hands on a copy but it is the most IMPOSSIBLE game to track down!  :(  Online stores are always sold out and there are never any copies in local stores. I've had a look at some gameplay footage on websites but it's a game I wanna get. Anyone else got it?

Failing that, what other big games are people waiting for?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I am looking forward to Auto Assault, for PC.

If you have ever heard of Twisted Metal for the PSX / PS2, it's the same basic idea, but it's a Massively Online Multiplayer game (pay to buy, free to play online) by the creators of Guild Wars.

It's also a broader game than the Twisted Metal series, with profiles, upgrades, etc etc.  I don't know the details, but I can't wait.  April!  :DD

Also, I can't wait for the release of the nintendo system, "Revolution"  Nintendo has always had some of the best multiplayer games, in my opinion, and I want to see the new Smash Bros game that's supposedly announced.

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I am waiting for the next Kingdom Hearts game.  I hear it is coming in April to the states.

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I am waiting for the next Kingdom Hearts game

same  :P: looks really cool

I heard it was coming out in March

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
aha, well I just realized that it was you who I heard it was coming out in March from. lol, I guess unless it's gonna be like done in March and they're gonna release it in April? :blink: either way, can't wait!  :P:

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ditto there guys! I've checked out some wickid Kingdom Heart 2 videos on ign.com and another one I got from a friend today. I've seen the opening video (it's called "Passion") and some gameplay footage! Awesome stuff...looks like we can expect alot from this next instalment!  ;) As for release dates, the USA can look forward to KH2 around mid-March so my sources tell me whereas Europe has to hang on an extra month (late April time).

The thing that surprised me most about KH2 is the amount of detail they've gone into. THe battles looks better than ever and they've got a lot of the original cast from the original Disney movies and cartoons! Even stars like, Johnny Depp, Kiera Knightley and Geoffery Rush play in one of the newer worlds! Can ya guess which one?!

If you're looking for videos check out these links I've found:

IGN Kingdom Hearts 2 Videos

YouTube Kingdom Hearts 2 Videos

A word of warning though...from what I've heard, there is a video lurking about that gives away the ending so if you don't wanna ruin the surprise for yourself then just be vigilant about some of the ones you watch!

Hope that entices some greater interests!  ;) I can't wait for KH2. I'm so looking forward to it, I've recently got the GBA KH Chain of Memories. It's the plot bridge between KH 1 and 2 apparently. Anyone played/own it? :^.^:

Stitch

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I've beaten it.  When you beat it the first time, you get to play it again from another perspective.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey, action9000, a little something I think I should tell you about the GC version of Mario Kart.

Now, Rainbow Road is STILL the last one, however, it is a tough course to beat.  On top of long, it has TIGHT turns that you HAVE to slow down on just to make. (Even R turning doesn't help much.) Add on multiple boosters and a part FILLED with them that requires great control just to get past, and you've got one of THE funnest courses around. :)

Also, as a little bonus, if you get gold at all 4 courses, (Mushroom, Flower, Star & Special.) and on any desired level, (50cc, 100cc, 150cc, Mirror) you get a new cup course called All Tour Cup.

What All Tour Cup is, is basically all 16 courses.  Over an hour of courses from all the cups to get the ultimate secret prize.  Luigi Cuircut is still the first and Rainbow Road is still the last, but the rest are all random. (So if you are good at some and bad at others, luck is sometimes a BIG part of winning it.) And let's just say that you definately earn the prize at hand if you beat it. (Toad & Toadette, Boo & Petty Piharna, The Golden Car)

So if you plan on getting it now, let's just say there's plenty of fun to look forward to. :)