The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

L.O.V.E........love

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Salvatore Blackheart

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Littlefoot and Ali
Topsy and Tria
Petrie and Ducky
Grandpa and Grandma longneck
Chomper's parents

and my favorite http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/6573/cutecouple2.jpg

theamazingthreehorngirl

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Aug 11 2008 on  09:57 AM
I guess an admin will either move it, merge the 2 threads or do something else appropriate.  

Those are some nice couples mentioned above.  There are not many seen.   We've also, in lbt 10, briefly saw the couple of Bron & Littlefoot's mother, though they got her color wrong, unless Bron either could not remember her color.  I'd guess the animators & director were to lazy to put in the dvd of the first movie to see what color Littlefoot's mother is.
yep probably thats one of the things i noticed the firt time i watched the 10th one
i remember telling my mom that littlefoots mother was the wrong colour

Bruton the Iguanodon

Oh yes...love!
Here are the pairings i like:

Littlefoot and the Ali of movie 4. Such a sweet pairing.
Cera and Shorty: Why not? They're both both start off kinda mean, are very strong willed, and seem to like each other. I think this would work well.  :)
Ducky and Petrie: Oh yeah!
Grandma and Grampa: They still make a great team even after all these years!
Tops and Tria: = pure awesomeness pairing. Great job on eventually accepting it, Cera. I sure do! :) (P.S. this storyline was the only thing that stopped 11 from REALLY going under)
TV series Ali and Rhett: What? U gonna be Rhett's bitch, girl, instead of the Ali we love? Well then you deserve to be Rhett's bitch!! :x
TV series + later films Littlefoot and Ruby: For some reason later on it seemed Littlefoot would go good with Ruby.
Doc and Sue: If they didn't already have a girlfriend and boyfriend, I think that's work good.

Bruton the Iguanodon

We've also, in lbt 10, briefly saw the couple of Bron & Littlefoot's mother, though they got her color wrong, unless Bron either could not remember her color. I'd guess the animators & director were to lazy to put in the dvd of the first movie to see what color she is.

That may be "justified" by the fact Bron may not have been able to remember everything about her.

Well, then Bron makes a shitty husband if he can't so much as remember the color of his wife. But I'm sure the color change had nothing to do with Bron's memory. I think it had to do with the fact that it was a blue sky, and also maybe laziness of the directors. As such, Littlefoot's mother suffered almost worst then she did in 1, cause the fact that she was drawn the wrong color in my opinion is disrespecting a dead character.

Who was as pissed as I was about her being BLUE in 10?! Who seriously thinks she should be mentioned more if the series picks up again? (She got THREE mentions in the entire sequel series!!)  Who thinks she should get another flashback appearence, this time with the RIGHT color?

And for the record, I'm sure Littlefoot could have remembered her correct color! (F**k you, Bron  :anger )

Dr. Curzon

• Spike
    • View Profile
I like all pairings that work okay, even if the characters don't show much affection for each other. I don't mind interspecies pairings either. My favorite pairing is LF & Ali, and my favorite interspecies pairing is between my two favorite characters, Ducky & Petrie, although I like Chomper &Ruby as well. Oh, and I like Topps and Tria, is so... HowdoIexplainit!

Bruton the Iguanodon

There is one problem about Littlefoot becoming a leader of a herd. He doesn't want to leave the Great Valley (and who can blame him?). Would he (who has been settled for most of his live be a great leader to a herd of nomads? And if those nomads would agree to settle down in the Great Valley because their new leader doesn't want to lead them anywhere else, would they still need a leader in the traditional sense of the term? Does Littlefoot (in spite of meeting the requirements) want to be a leader? And are those who don't want to be leaders the best leaders you can get?

I have a feeling Littlefoot become the leader of the interacial herd residing in the Great Valley, like his grandpa, who, unlike his so-called "dad", is the ideal parental figure whose role sounds perfect to take on.

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
Here is a list of my favorite couples:

1. Littlefoot and Cera: Not overdone; they may fight; but, that doesn't mean they don't care about each other.

2. Petrie and Ducky: They seem to be really close friends; so, it could develop into love as they get older.

That's about it so far. The pairings I like is in my opinion; we all have different opinions. I don't ship the Littlefoot/Ali pairing personally; but, I have read great stories of them falling in love and having kids.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Littlefoot and Ali sure fit together :)

Ducky and Petrie too. I know it couldn't happen naturally because they're very different in species but they'er just so cute together :p
Inactive, probably forever.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile

We've also, in lbt 10, briefly saw the couple of Bron & Littlefoot's mother, though they got her color wrong, unless Bron either could not remember her color. I'd guess the animators & director were to lazy to put in the dvd of the first movie to see what color she is.

That may be "justified" by the fact Bron may not have been able to remember everything about her.

Well, then Bron makes a shitty husband if he can't so much as remember the color of his wife. But I'm sure the color change had nothing to do with Bron's memory. I think it had to do with the fact that it was a blue sky, and also maybe laziness of the directors. As such, Littlefoot's mother suffered almost worst then she did in 1, cause the fact that she was drawn the wrong color in my opinion is disrespecting a dead character.

Who was as pissed as I was about her being BLUE in 10?! Who seriously thinks she should be mentioned more if the series picks up again? (She got THREE mentions in the entire sequel series!!) Who thinks she should get another flashback appearence, this time with the RIGHT color?

And for the record, I'm sure Littlefoot could have remembered her correct color! (F**k you, Bron  dino_bad.gif ).

Oh man, I remember when I made that post...yeah, I'm sure the whole color screw up was because of the animators' memories, not because of the characters'.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Aug 11 2008 on  09:57 AM
I guess an admin will either move it, merge the 2 threads or do something else appropriate.  

Those are some nice couples mentioned above.  There are not many seen.   We've also, in lbt 10, briefly saw the couple of Bron & Littlefoot's mother, though they got her color wrong, unless Bron either could not remember her color.  I'd guess the animators & director were to lazy to put in the dvd of the first movie to see what color Littlefoot's mother is.
I would be really surprised if Bron forgot what his own wife looked llike, like wtf??? :blink:

AllegroGiocoso

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Here are my favorite pairings and my thoughts on them:

Littlefoot x Cera: This is my favorite shipping because I love the complex and dynamic relationship between them. First of all, I love that Littlefoot helped bring out the good side of Cera despite her father's racist influence, and most importantly taught her friendship and kindness that she hadn't really experienced before. Conversely, I think Cera does a great job in getting Littlefoot to think about things with her never-ending ability to question his beliefs and get him to really think about them, often making his beliefs even stronger in the process.

Plus, I like the fact that they naturally complement each other. I think Littlefoot's patient and understanding nature would be a great compliment with Cera's stubborn and prideful one, plus that the two of them have shown really strong loyalty to each other despite their numerous disagreements. I think it would be really interesting to explore their relationship through a mated perspective, and I think their relationship would be very deep and fulfilling for both of them.

The future characterization and development is another reason why I really like this pairing. Littlefoot seems like he'd naturally break down the species divide in terms of marriage,  just as he had in friendship. It's in his nature to consider the possibility that no one else has even thought of, and I think this shipping would really display his openness and idealism very well.

Conversely, I think this shipping would be a great step forward in Cera's character development. If Cera was in love with Littlefoot, she'd have a lot of tumultuous inner conflict. She'd have to grapple her emotions with her pride, skeptical attitude, and stubbornness, not to mention that her father was once an avowed specieist and would likely try to fight their marriage. If she ends up being with Littlefoot, I think this would give Cera an opportunity to really advance in her character development journey. Overall, I imagine a Littlefoot x Cera relationship to be filled with twists and turns and inevitable conflict, but their pure hearts and deep loyalty to each other would keep them true lovers till the end.

Ducky x Petrie: This is a pairing to me that just clicks naturally and just feels right. The two of them always seem really close to each other and have plenty of scenes featuring just the two of them. Also, they have a lot of traits in common that really make them mesh well in my opinion: distinctive speech patterns, small stature, naivete, caring, slightly fearful but usually cheerful, not domineering, etc. They seem to relate really well to each other in my opinion, and sometimes I get the feeling they have a mild crush on each other already.

In contrast to Littlefoot and Cera, I would imagine them to have a relationship with less character growth and development, but a more harmonious and amicable relationship with minimal conflict. I imagine that both of them would be really supportive with each other, especially in regards to Ducky's eternal optimism would likely help assuage Petrie's neuroticism. Plus, Petrie some of Petrie's bravest moments have been when Ducky is in trouble, which really show how much he cares for her. This is a pairing that I find really sweet, with lots of chemistry and emotional fulfillment, and I think will surely lead to a happy ending for both of them.

Chomper x Ruby: This is the hardest pair for me to explain why I like, but for some reason I find this one really appealing. I guess it's because Ruby and Chomper are often close together in the series and Ruby acts as Chomper's older-sister figure, and I like the idea of Ruby's older-sister feelings gradually turning into romantic ones as Chomper grows older (in my head-canon, he would unconditionally not hurt any of his friends as he grows up). They're just very cute together for me and I think would be a pair that gets along well.

Ali x Shorty: Here's a pairing that hasn't actually met, but I find them to be an intriguing pair nonetheless. They're both characters who've had to deal with pretty difficult circumstances, and they both seem somewhat jaded (though in very different ways) until they meet Littlefoot. In addition, they both tend to be insecure (again, shown in different ways),  and often tried to hide their feelings before coming around with Littlefoot's help.

These two are characters that I couldn't really see getting together at the beginning of their movies, but after their learning curves, I think would work quite nicely. Shorty would become friendlier and Ali would learn to open up, and I could see them getting along well afterwards. They'd have a lot to relate to with their migrating journeys, difficult lives, personal insecurities, and learning important lessons through Littlefoot. Besides, this is a pair that I think is just cute together, and I'd really like to see them interact on any basis in any movie.

Part of the reason why I like all of these pairings as that each pairing is distinctly different from the other ones. Each pairing has certain qualities that I think would put them on very distinctive plot potentials from each other, and I personally think this arrangement of characters would lead to the most interesting romantic storyline without adding any new characters.  I explore my take on these, primarily Littlefoot x Cera and Ducky x Petrie, as one of the prominent plots within my fan-fiction (shameless self promoting, haha  :lol) and I might consider writing a Chomper x Ruby or particularly an Ali x Shorty relationship fanfic sometime.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Nice post :) How about a love triangle between Littlefoot, Ali and Shorty?  :lol
Inactive, probably forever.

AllegroGiocoso

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,Jul 28 2015 on  10:58 AM
Nice post :) How about a love triangle between Littlefoot, Ali and Shorty? :lol

Thanks :) And that idea would be neat! Though I'm sure somebody wouldn't be happy with that  *cough*Rhett*cough* :lol

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Aug 14 2008 on  05:58 PM
There is one problem about Littlefoot becoming a leader of a herd. He doesn't want to leave the Great Valley (and who can blame him?). Would he (who has been settled for most of his live be a great leader to a herd of nomads? And if those nomads would agree to settle down in the Great Valley because their new leader doesn't want to lead them anywhere else, would they still need a leader in the traditional sense of the term? Does Littlefoot (in spite of meeting the requirements) want to be a leader? And are those who don't want to be leaders the best leaders you can get?
I'm afraid these questions would send the thread too far off topic, but they are questions which might make for an interesting thread elsewhere.
I've always thought he'd be more inclined to leave the Great Valley if his grandparents died, since he has no other family in the Great Valley. Yes, yes, I know he's got his friends too, but I think after his mother's death, he'd think family is worth more than friends, no matter how much he loves them. Again, that's just my personal opinions and I just wanted my input in it.

Anyway, favorite pairings of mine:

-Littlefoot/Ali: It just clicked to me when I watched LBT 4.
-Ali/Shorty: Pretty interesting pairing, actually; I saw it in an LBT fanfiction I enjoyed and it intrigued me.
-Grandpa Longneck/Grandma Longneck: After all those years, they still make a pretty good team.
-Bron/Littlefoot's Mother: Well, without them, we wouldn't have Littlefoot, now would we?
-Petrie/Ducky: AllegroGiocoso describes it perfectly for me.
-Topsy/Tria: I was surprised by this pairing at first in LBT 11 and didn't know what to think of it at the time, but I warmed up to it once we got to LBT 12.

HotelValleyfornia

• Shark took my leg, brah!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • All aboard the Hyperfixation Express!
    • View Profile
I ship Littlefoot with my OC Perla, so sorry to say, but Littlefoot/Ali isn't for me. :PAli

But anywho...beyond the canon couples:

Cera/Shorty: Imagine if Jonesy and Nikki from 6teen were dinosaurs. That's basically what I picture here. Comedic gold in the making :lol And when they're not acting like tsunderes, they can have genuinely sweet moments. :^^spike
Ducky/Petrie: Yeah I'm suckered into this one too :petrieLOL Was a big childhood favorite ship of mine
Chomper/Ruby: My first LBT ship. I always saw them as a couple when I saw the TV series as a kid. I think they match well :ChomperImAwesome
Rhett/Ali: Yes, not a popular one, at least unironically, but honestly, Ali appeared to have some kind of crush on the not-so-heroic Longneck kid and she seemed pretty accepting of Rhett even when his lies were revealed. Provided they aren't related, I think this one has potential. :RhettAli
Spike/Tippy: "Tippy loooooove Spike!" *insert Live Slug Reaction here* When I first saw Big Freeze, I pretty much immediately decided these two would be a cute couple. Discovering Tippy was a boy didn't stop me. Charles Grosvenor said gay rights :spikeblush 🏳‍🌈
Current hyperfixation: Total Drama

Yacht life! :DD

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I actually ship Littlefoot with Cera. I think it would be a great way to be the final nail in Mr. Threehorn’s bad advice“Threehorns don’t play with Longnecks.” That love forms between the them.

I’ve always thought Ducky and Petrie are meant to be together. That mainly comes from the first film’s climax, when Ducky thinks Petrie has perished. But their pairing is intriguing, one a swimmer and the other a flyer; like fish falling in love with a bird. :)

I think a unique pairing would be Chomper and Ali, in that Ali was with Rhett the Sharptooth Slayer! However, I think Chomper and Ruby is a more natural pairing, Ruby would understand Chomper’s meat needs, she being a omnivore.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

The jewelstone queen

• just call me Jewel ; D
  • Spike
  • I'm just an artist :0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel (I animate stuff, they old)
I really love talking about romance! So glad I saw this. (though I heard from the first few replys that this thread isn't supposed to be here?  :rainbowThinking )

there are a couple of pairings I enjoy, either if they are canon or not...

Ducky&Petrie- They are just so small and they look so cute when they sit together! I've also seen many situations where they are just conversating together and it's just perfect!

Littlefoot&Ruby- Some of you might know already that I have a place in my heart for this pair. I could talk about them ALL day! They have similar personalities, they both think logically, they both take charge (mostly Littlefoot though) And they just look so beatiful together!

Mrs flyer&Pterano- wow wow wow, hold on here. So this isn't a romantic kind of relationship, alright? I just admire them as siblings. Need to watch the movie with Pterano in it...
I'm currently writing an lbt fanfic about Littlefoot and Ruby, it's a little cringy at first. Go check it out if you're interested! FANFICTION.NET- https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14063661/1/The-Land-Before-time-Unbearable
OR RIGHT HERE ON THE WEBSITE- https://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=17556.0