The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Series on DVD

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
The Chomper on that box-art is so out of place, LOL  :ChomperBurned

LMAO I can't get over how tiny he is here compared to Littlefoot. And the fact the art style is different compared to the other characters is so jarring yikes

Interesting that they're releasing a new DVD now of all times. Makes one wonder...  :thinking

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Hammy

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I truly do wonder if LBT as a larger franchise is Universal's budget DVD market cash cow of sorts. Not quite worth it to make new entries or, in my wildest dreams, blu-ray relases, but absolutely worth it to continue producing affordable DVDs of content that's already made. The DVD market is shockingly strong, bigger than blu-rays and 4k blu-rays combined, which is amazing considering that it's a medium that should rightfully be dead and buried. It strikes me that LBT may be a means of taking advantage of that. Low-income families looking for wholesome, but high value (ie, many hours of content for less money) entertainment maybe? I'm speculating here for the large part, but it is fascinating that any new LBT physical media is being released.

LBT has relatively little streaming presence, but almost every major Amazon sale I see has a complete box set of the movies on sale, and now we see this series release. It's an interesting niche that we don't see often in the age of Netflix and Youtube kids content.

SammyTheSpiketail

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Ooh this is SWEET. I hope this means good things for the franchise going forward :Mo

To make you more excited, it’s also going to be the first time The Big Longneck Test gets released on DVD, as past DVD releases don’t have it.  I know it’s already on YouTube, but it’s still pretty exciting (@pokeplayer984 will probably be excited about this).

Are you sure about that? I have said episode on DVD..

SammyTheSpiketail

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I only don't have episodes 1, 4, 7 or 15 on DVD (The last DVD case of 4 episodes I'm missing).

Rattymon

• Chomper
    • View Profile
This is cool to see!  :ChomperImAwesome

Is this going to be exclusive to America (because of regions)?  :thinking

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
This is cool to see!  :ChomperImAwesome

Is this going to be exclusive to America (because of regions)?  :thinking

I believe this is going to be exclusive to the US, unless UK gets one as well (UK already has one, but it’s missing 2 episodes somehow).
« Last Edit: April 16, 2022, 07:39:19 PM by chomper94 »

Rattymon

• Chomper
    • View Profile
That's a shame.  :rhett_sad

Hopefully they release it outside the US. Would be nice to add to my collection.  :littlefoot:)

chomper94

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, the DVD is listed on Amazon now, so I guess that gives me the okay to pre-order the DVD now.  Here’s the link if you don’t believe me:

https://www.amazon.com/Land-Before-Time-Complete-DVD/dp/B09XXY9WBY/ref=mp_s_a_1_9?crid=2BAFZV10ZF0OM&keywords=complete+tv+series&qid=1650238083&refinements=p_n_date%3A2693529011&rnid=2693522011&s=movies-tv&sprefix=complete+tv+%2Caps%2C206&sr=1-9

Also, can someone edit the Wikipedia page of the TV series with different wording?  The wording on that page right now about this DVD looks like a child edited it:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Land_Before_Time_(TV_series)#Home_media

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Sorry I'm late to the party.  Anyways, this is great to see!  At long last, my collection can OFFICALLY be complete. :ChomperImAwesome

I might have to wait on this one.  I plan to have a little something big going on in May that might not be done until June.  Won't say what that is at the moment, but everyone will know soon enough.

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • The Gang of Five's Yellow Belly fan
    • View Profile
15 years after it first aired their finally releasing the entire series in one DVD pack. What took you so long Universal?

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Also why did they use screenshot's from the films on the back cover?

chomper94

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Also why did they use screenshot's from the films on the back cover?

I’m not sure, but I really hope they’re just placeholders, because if they’re not, then the DVD will end up being misleading (screenshot-wise).

LBT Fan

• Ruby
    • View Profile
The back cover on Amazon has been updated to correct a typo. It now notes "Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78:1" :celebrate

chomper94

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The back cover on Amazon has been updated to correct a typo. It now notes "Anamorphic Widescreen 1.78:1" :celebrate

Glad it was a typo.  I, at first got confused as to why cropped prints are being used on the DVD rather than the widescreen versions that were on YouTube, so now that they’re using widescreen prints, maybe this DVD will be more worth it now.

Still disappointed over the fact that screenshots that are not from the TV series are still being used on the DVD.  If that doesn’t change by June 7, then I will be extremely confused as to why this is on the final DVD cover.

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I pre-ordered the DVD a few weeks ago. I will tell you my thoughts once it has arrived.

chomper94

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Just to remind you guys, the DVD has now been released.  For those of you who received it, what are your thoughts on the DVD?

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Impressions are pretty good so far. Mine has the 1:33:1 aspect ratio error on the back but that could be because I pre-ordered it before it was fixed. Also the film screenshots are still there. It's similar to the Complete Film Collection DVD in that the case is made of a clear plastic.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2022, 02:25:00 PM by LittleDas75 »

chomper94

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Impressions are pretty good so far. Mine has the 1:33:1 aspect ratio error on the back but that could be because I pre-ordered it before it was fixed. Also the film screenshots are still there. It's similar to the Complete Film Collection DVD in that the case is made of a clear plastic.

That’s interesting.  Besides that, how are the other stuff on the DVD?  Does the DVD have any bonus features besides the episodes, what do the DVD menus look like, and how are the episodes on DVD compared to the prints on YouTube and the former prints on Sprout/Universal Kids?

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
There are no bonus features sadly. Here's what the Disc 1 menu looks like. If I had to guess all of the DVD menu's look like this.

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
In regards to the print it looks pretty good. It's basically the HD versions on YouTube downscaled to DVD quality.