The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Sport

Spyro · 20 · 4979

Spyro

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Okay guys what Sports do you like to play?

I myself like playing Ten-Pin Bowling and Soccer

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
There's a sport section here: http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/i...hp?showforum=34

I'm sure an admin will move the topic, don't worry :)

I'm not much of a sport fanatic. I love cycling however. I cycle to school 20km each day(from and to school). I also love a match of soccer as long as that is with friends. :)

Shinji-Lee

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I used to play football (I refuse to call it soccer) until my team was disbanded...
I used to play basketball until my back was disbanded...not literally, but you get the point, i guess...

for some years now i practise tai chi and now i learned there's a rugby team and a baseball team in my home town. wheee n_n

Spyro

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Shinji-Lee,Sep 3 2009 on  02:29 AM
I used to play football (I refuse to call it soccer) until my team was disbanded...
I used to play basketball until my back was disbanded...not literally, but you get the point, i guess...

for some years now i practise tai chi and now i learned there's a rugby team and a baseball team in my home town. wheee n_n
Why do you refuse to call it Soccer?

Shinji-Lee

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Why do you refuse to call it Soccer?

I don't like the sound of the word...
furthermore, it is an american term and i prefer to use british english...or at least try to...
Also it is because of the movie Hooligans.   I canot recall the dialogue, but the 'Yankee' Eliah Wood was kindly told to not call the game 'soccer'...I liked that scene...

Additionally I remember, I once took part in shooting sports...and concluded: I don't like it.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Soccer sounds so eerily similar to "sucker" which reflects the opinion of many Americans on the game :lol:
I guess I grew somewhat used to the term since I don't care much about the game (in spite of being from a town with a team, Borrusia Dortmund, that is reknown around the world), but Jason actually told me to call it football during our Scandinavia trip when I always referred to it as soccer. Obviously the English being quite a soccerer nation themselves would not want to sound like suckers either :lol

Leopardi

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Airsoft is the only sport I really like. Been doing it since 2004.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So many sports I like...so little time :bang!  I like to play/do the following:

*Running/walking
*Swimming
*Bowling
*Baseball
*Volleyball
*Shotput & discus
*Hiking
*Climbing
*Surfing, especially bodysurfing
*Fishing
*White-water rafting
*Watertubing
*Sledding
*Skiing
*Snowboarding (still a beginner :p)
*Ice-skating
*Hockey (street and ice)
*Water Polo
*Squash
*Snorkeling

The following are sports/past times I seldom do but would like to do more often:

*Skydiving
*Paintball
*Ziplining
*Go-kart racing (when ya live in a speed demon-infested area, who needs to go to a go-kart track for an adrenaline rush :lol?)

The following are sports/past times I would like to try out and possibly add to my sports list while I'm still alive :):

*Wind-surfing
*Jet-skiing
*Scuba diving
*Water-skiing

Hey, it's fun bein' an outdoors girl :smile!

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hmm, I used to do Hockey and football in school.  That was interesting when I used to hit the object into the enemy's goal...at least in my view I hit it into a goal...:D

In the winter I go skiing, although I've tried snow boarding that was quite scary as I felt I didn't have a lot of control so, skiing is better for me.

I also do tennis.  Having a mother who is a tennis coach helps, due to free lessons.;)  But I have taken part in tournaments and have done pretty good in them.  Unfortuantely due to a couple of circumstances I haven't played properly like I used to and I don't want to compete any more since people cheat and I feel that it just ruins the game for others.  

I also do archery but haven't done that for a while either.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
I just like to do all kinds of sport. I also like dancing, if it counts.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I do sports, mostly skiing and swimming. (if that's even one) I tried out for my schools volleyball team but didn't make it. Guess I just wasn't good enough. <_<

I also tried snowboarding but I wasn't very good at it. I might try it again next year though but I'm a better skier. I love skiing! I'm even going on the bumps now! And I'm getting pretty good at it too. :smile What's even better is I get to go this saturday! I can't wait!

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Haha, the bumps...I remember when with the school (we used to ski every winter) I was encouraged to take a jump..just a little jump; more like a bump, I was so suprised that i had made it and not crash landed flat that as I was going down I lost my balance and skied all the way down crouched.

SupperChickin

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I Love to do 10 pin league bowling

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
A little bowling and swimming. That's about it.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
i've been uh, dunno how you guys call it, but i'm swimming + being taught how to resque people out of the water y'know? its quite a workout!

I'm also fond of arching, but that is a very recent atletic interest of mine...

furthermore i like shooting (Clay pidgeons, not humans!) snooker and darts, :yes

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I do athletics :D
Inactive, probably forever.

Blais_13

• Spike
    • View Profile
Sadly I don't play any sport at the moment.I really want to do martial arts,and I used to do it,but I can't find a good place now.

As for now,I go jogging or cycling 2-3 times a week with a friend who lives close,and I also do workout three times a week in a gym.I mostly go there alone,only with my media player,though sometimes i meet someone there I know.Barbell bench press is much safer if you have someone to help..

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I go bush wacking and off trail hiking up in the beautiful, beautiful wasatch mountains.