The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Well well, Spiderman 3 is coming :)

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I'm only going to see it if they've wisened up and fired that pathetic excuse for an actor they call Tobey Maguire.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
maguire is still in this one Wr. Unfortunately.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
On the contrary, I would prefer they keep on as much of the original cast as possible, as it keeps me more connected to the rest of the series.  I honestly have no problems with Maguire's acting abilities, nor how he protrayed his character physically or mentally. :yes

Spiderman 3 is definitely on my To See list!  I felt the first two were spectacular, and I am hoping more greatness from the third! B)

Out of curiosity, what issues do you folks have with Tobey Maguire's acting?  Who would you prefer to have play Spiderman in the third movie?

Threehorn

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/Digi_Earth
So they created Venom into it, I seen a preview about two weeks ago, lol so I known about it coming out for quite some time :p

-Threehorn

Littlefoot Fan

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Whoa, wait a minute...Tobey Maguire is the actor for Spiderman? (I don't really check the actors for movies :slap) And nobody likes him?! You are not serious...

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yes, its true that a series should keep as many of the original actors as possible for the audience to stay connected with the movies, but...I haven't been able to get into the "Spider-Man" movies series at all, because I can't stand Maguire as Spidey. He's not Spider-Man.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Who do you see as Spiderman, Wr?
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Well, there is a endless list of actors who'd bee better than Tobey Maguire.

Jack Gyllenhaal being on the top of that list.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
How about Christian Bale? No, he's tied into the Batman sequel(which is going to rock btw! :D ).
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
He's a little old for the role, though. He was almost 30 when the first Spider-Man movie came out.

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
I'm a huge fan of Spider Man all together and Tobey Maguire doesn't bother me.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
All the more reason he should bother you. He's the absolute worst choice for the role.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
He's the absolute worst choice for the role.
I wonder, what is it you dislike about Maguire?  You've mentioned twice how much you detest him acting in Spider-Man, with no explanation why.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
1. He doesn't look like Peter Parker.
2. His portrayal of Spidey is far too angsty and whimpish. Peter was a nerd, not a complete geek.
3. I've never respected him as an actor, because he has yet to impress me. He's horribly overrated. All his acting seems very forced, or half-assed.
4. In a Spider-Man movie, the leading actor should be one of the best things about it, not one of the worse things.
5. The saving graces of a Spider-Man movie should not be the supporting cast.
6. Where's the wit?
7. His voice does not sound good coming from the Spider-Man outfit. In fact, its like nails on a chalkboard.
8. Out of all the choices for Spidey, he is, by far, the worse.
9. The 90s cartoon Peter Parker/Spider-Man was superior, and that's sad.
10. Spider-Man is supposed to have attitude, and he has none.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
WeirdRaptor, Cyberlizard?  I don't want to see another case of senseless bickering between you guys.  I don't mean to intrude on your discussion, but I just don't want to see it get out of hand.

I'm only going to see it if they've wisened up and fired that pathetic excuse for an actor they call Tobey Maguire.
We knew from your first post here that you disliked Maguire as the lead actor for Spider-Man.

All the more reason he should bother you. He's the absolute worst choice for the role.
I'm not sure this post was necessary, WR.  We already were aware of how you detested Maguire's presense in the films.  The only new message this post brings to the forum is how Cyberlizard *should* be disturbed by Maguire's acting as well.  

I do not feel that this is fair to Cyberlizard, as he just stated that he appreciates the films, despite the flaws that you see in Maguire's acting.  It would have been sufficient to state your reasons for not liking Maguire at that point, instead of telling Cyberlizard how he "should" feel about a movie.

So what? I enjoyed the movie.
We appreciate you mentioning later on, WR, about the elements you dislike in Maguire.  We can clearly see that Cyberlizard doesn't see things the way you do in this situation.  It doesn't matter to his enjoyment of the film, how you interpret Maguire's acting.  He shall interpret the films as he wants.  

This situation isn't really out-of-control, I just want to bring it to everyone's attention before it potentially becomes chaotic.  Let's continue this discussion peacefully, shall we? B)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I second that.
I haven't entered this discussion as I don't know enough about Spiderman or about actors to put in something worth reading. However, personal, subjective opinions of a member should be respected, but this member mustn't perceive them as general truths and therefore project them on anyone else; especially if it comes to something based so much on opinion rather than facts as how much or little the performance of a certain actor comes to the own idea of a fictional character.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
So what? I enjoyed the movie.
So what?! You're the one who asked, pal. Don't get touchy if you really weren't looking for an answer.

And don't talk down to me like I'm a child, action and Malte. You may not mean it that way, but that's how it came out to me.