The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Interesting.  I wonder what MLP:FIM themed like that would be like.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
STREAM POST!!

Okay, here we go again!  For convenience purposes, I'll just give you all the main page where I get the info.

EqD Stream Links!!!
EqD Stream Links!!!

Enjoy! :)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
For anyone that's interested, this is where I've been getting my full quality 1080p MLP episodes.  It's an unlisted video and hasn't been taken down in over a year.  

http://youtu.be/naLRtgvyXeA

I've been using this since the one website that hosted the episodes got taken down by Hasbro.  Which if you remember was before season 2 even started.  It should be safe for a long time to come.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Note: SPOILERS in this REVIEW!

First off, Checkers is Cannon and matches don't exist in MLP:FiM.  On top of that, Luna actually has the power to enter dreams.  Yes, Luna appears in this episode.  You can stop going crazy.  Oh, and Rarity still packs too much.  Even for a camping trip.

Boy, Scootaloo sure idolizes Rainbow Dash to the point where she wants to be as fearless as she believes RD to be.

The problem about this episode is, despite it being centered around Scootaloo, we don't get to know anything new about her.  We already knew that Scootaloo idolizes Rainbow to the point of obsession.  So it's nothing new that Scootaloo would want to be fearless in front of her.

It was nothing more than pointless filler.  So, that's pretty disappointing.  It was a chance to get to know this filly after so long, but it looks like those dark Scootaloo stories from bronies will continue.

So, good episode, but it's just pointless filler.

Will post the YouTube links later today.

See ya later! :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Although I did enjoy this episode and am glad my favorite Cutie Mark Crusader finally got her own episode, I do have some issues with it.

For one thing, and I agree with Pokeplayer on it, we don't learn anything new about Scoots. We still don't know why she has such an unhealthy obsession with Rainbow Dash or why she can't fly. Is she really crippled or is she a late bloomer?

Also, Luna can enter dreams now? Uh...what? So she's Freddy Krueger? When could she do that? If Luna can enter pony's dreams at night, does that mean Celestia can enter their dreams if they're sleeping during the day? It was nice that Luna finally got something to do but her appearance felt really shoehorned in. It didn't  feel necessary.

I liked the episode. It did have some good moments(I really wanted to see what the inside of Rarity's tent looked like).

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It was nice that Scootaloo got her own episode focused on her, though I'd have liked to learn more about her as well.   Didn't know that Luna could enter dreams.  Unusual it's not been mentioned or shown before, but at least she got something to do this episode, though it wasn't a big part.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Dec 6 2012 on  09:47 PM
Interesting.  I wonder what MLP:FIM themed like that would be like.
I'd prefer cyberpunk Equestria stay within fanfics.

Though if it were a show-within-a-show like Daring Do, I'd be very happy.

I hope they include more crunchy heavy metal like they had in the previous seasons.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
After reading this, I had a different outlook on the latest episode.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/12/slee...e-followup.html

Apparently, some of us were looking at it from the wrong angle.  It makes it much more meaningful in the end.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Meghan McCarthy ?@MMeghanMcCarthy
#MLPFIM Prediction: Tomorrow -- The episode that launches a 1000 really cool fan-fics. None of which I'll be allowed to read :-( #bronies

Recap: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic S3 E7: Wonderbolt Academy  
AT&T U-verse's synopsis from FYI Television: Rainbow Dash can't believe her luck when she gets an exclusive invitation to enroll at Wonderbolt Academy, but soon she is wondering whether she is really cut out for the school and whether someone else would be a better fit.

M.A. Larson has joked or trolled that Patrick R "will only think its [sic] 'meh'" and has responded to Patrick's subsequent confusion by saying that "people wanted spoilers, so I let them know how you are going to feel about ep7. Not your favorite, but not bad either. :)" Tim Stuby did not work on this episode.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Luna Entering Your Dreams" has become a featured fanfiction.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/12/stor...journey_11.html

Coincidentally, it was posted the day BEFORE it became cannon.  Talk about luck! :)

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
So has anyone read the first IDW MLP comic? I got the Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle covers.

The artwork in the comic is pretty good and the story has been nicely set up although I do think a bit more story would have been good. Also, Pinkie Pie acting as a zombie=Best. Thing. Ever!

Looking forward to the next one which is supposed to be out December 19th.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Animeboye,Dec 11 2012 on  04:14 PM
So has anyone read the first IDW MLP comic? I got the Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle covers.

The artwork in the comic is pretty good and the story has been nicely set up although I do think a bit more story would have been good. Also, Pinkie Pie acting as a zombie=Best. Thing. Ever!

Looking forward to the next one which is supposed to be out December 19th.
I haven't read it yet. Where can i buy it?

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well if there are any comic stores you know of, they should have them. Otherwise you might have to get them off of Amazon. I got mine from a store called Lost World of Wonders. It's in Wisconsin.

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Summary from FYI Television

"When Applejack is granted permission by Granny Smith to organize the upcoming Apple Family Reunion, she is thrilled at the opportunity but she soon loses focus of the important things in her haste to put together extravagant activities."[3]

Summary from FYI Television

"When Applejack is granted permission by Granny Smith to organize the upcoming Apple Family Reunion, she is thrilled at the opportunity but she soon loses focus of the important things in her haste to put together extravagant activities."[3]

"pretty sure that AJ doesn't go crazy" in this episode, and that this episode "should be peaceful."
According to Zap2it, this episode will air on December 22, 2012.

Episode 12 "TS goes a little goofy" in this episode, and that he didn't think that this episode has anything to do with the following episode but that he could've been wrong

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
So Wonderbolt Academy has been leaked early. To watch or not to watch...that is the question. Hmm...

EDIT: So I watched the episode. Pretty good. Merriweather Williams seems to be getting better at writing(She still has a long way to go though).

I hate to say this since she's my second favorite pony after Rainbow Dash but I thought Pinkie was really freakin' annoying in this episode. None of the scenes she was in were funny and they just made me want to strangle her and yell at her to shut up. In fact, I haven't really enjoyed much of Pinkie at all this season. She used to be a pony who, despite being silly, was still resourceful and intelligent in her own way. She was still capable of seeing problems and finding ways to resolve them(Gilda, the Parasprite infestation) Now, she's just an idiot who babbles on and on and on and tries way too hard to be funny.

I hope Pinkie's character improves in later episodes because so far, this has been her at her absolute worst.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I watched it as well and I have to agree with Animeboye on Pinkie.  She's just a disappointment in this episode.

For respect purposes, I will not give the rest of my review until Saturday when the episode airs.  Yes, it'll be full of spoilers as well.

So, with that in mind, see ya later! :)