The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Favourite subject(s)?

Saft · 16 · 1651

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
General question inspired by a thread on another forum.
What is/are your favourite subject(s)?  (Either at school or university)

No prizes for guessing what mine is.;)

Although...if you don't know that then it's actually ancient history, hence why I'm doing archaeology and classical civilizations at joint hons. at uni.  

I used to also like science, especially biology (environmental biology).:D

Oh, and you can't say that you don't like a subject.  Everyone has some sort of like in school or at university.  So... :nyah

( I wonder who likes History? :angel )

Waluigifan

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.waluigi.de
My favorite subjects are:

English (11 out of 15 points, I'll be better!)
Computer Science (15 out of 15)

And almost every subject where you just have to learn something by rote, e.g. Biology, History and Economy. :D

Subjects I dislike are Mathematics and Spanish.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I thoroughly enjoy learning about the English and French language, and another thing that captures my attention are history lessons.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
My favorites would probably have to be Language Arts, History, Social Studies, and French.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Obviously history is a favorite subject of mine and after I had overcome my major problems with the English language I enjoyed this subject too. I would have just loved Geography had it not been for the fact that in German schools geography is with an extreme focus on economical aspects so one learns deplorably little about the actual countries, the history, the culture, the important geographical landmarks etc. I just loved the geography lessons at the high school in America which had a much wider scope on the subject than the German geography lessons.
Finally there is just one subject in which I never scored any mark lower than 1 (best mark possible in Germany) and that was religion. I attended alternately protestant and catholic religious classes, but much of the classes I was discussing stuff with the teachers (e.g. the catholics stand on preservatives, historical aspects in religion etc. etc.). Finally there was arts which I also really loved but once again I prefered the arts class in the US by far over the class in Germany because in most cases we were told in Germany what exactly we were supposed to paint while in the US we were told how to do something (e.g. make a woodcut) but had the absolute freedom when it came to the choice of the motive.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
History Politics and georgraphy were my favorit subjects in high school and college.. it heps that i have a very very good memory for facts and dates..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
..also law, although that wasn't really much of a favourite it was something that I did excel in.:)

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
My fav subjects in school were Environmental Science, Biology, and Art.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
Art and Science. Really anything but Algebra I (or any math), Gym and typing classes.

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I really only love two classes: Language and Composition and Creative Writing. I do not like Literature, because due to my disorder, I almost always misunderstand the plot. I get all these conclusions that make my teachers go, "Uh, what made you think that?" Automatic overprocessing of data is killer in literature classes. Of course, it goes both ways. I don't know how many times I've made Mumbling, Malte279, Saft, and so forth totally confused by my odd statements. But eh, I'm getting off topic.

History is my worst subject. That is so because I am generally poor at memorization. Classes like English and Mathematics can be worked out entirely by what is written in the question. When I see 2 + 2, I can solve it based solely off of what is there. When the question is, "Find the nouns in: 'The boy rode on his bike to the store,'" that too can be worked out. That is why people can answer Mathematics and English questions they have never seen before. But with history, it's all about memorizing facts, and as such, one could stare at a history question all day and not be able to solve it due to not knowing about the person, place, etcetera. I just like being able to figure out school work with what is on the paper. Saft, to excell at history as you have, your memory is nothing short of amazing.  :idea

I guess if a class gives writing assignments that involve one's imagination, I can really get into it. But when a subject is all like, "Okay, memorize this and this and this and..." expect me to do poorly. Malte279, a citizen of Germany, knows far more about the United States, the place I've lived my entire life, than I do. If I entered a history game show and Saft was my opponent, I would hit the buzzer immediately, not to give the answer to the question, but to say, "I have no hope. See ya!" Interesting thread idea. Thanks.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
At high school I really didn't have a favorite class. I excelled at everything. But when the time came to go to university, I was really divided between Chemistry and foreign languages like English, German, and Russian (learning Russian used to be one of my hobbies, and Russia is still one of my favorite countries to read about). In the end, Chemistry it was. Now, I don't excel at any of the many chemistries I have. :p  You really have to be a genious to excel at Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physical Chemistry...at least this is the case at the University of Zagreb.

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Well, doing AS-levels, I only do 4 subjects:

1. Classical Civilisation. This year's subjects are Roman Society and Thought, and the Odyssey. The latter is definitely easier, but all round, it's a pretty tough subject, especially since I suck at essay-writing. Getting my results from my recent exams, I got a C in Odyssey, and a D in Roman Society.

2. Psychology. Research methods, memory, attachment, social psychology, stress, etc. Lots of data and names to remember, but not that hard. At least, despite my D in one half and most likely D-very low B in the other half, my teachers still have faith that I can do well.

3. DT. Theory, like industry, construction methods and materials, but mostly construction, which is always fun for me. 1 mark off a B in this, but still a favourite of mine.

4. Art. Definitely my favourite. No theory, no learning anything, just non-stop creativity and experimenting, working towards a final piece for the exam. I probably got my best grade in this one, I'm not sure yet, but they liked my piece.

So yeah, art is definitely my fav. Since I'm looking for  career in cartoons, it's kind of a must-have.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm really liking my programming class in college. We're learning java.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I love science, especially chemistry and biology.

Psychology is another thing I like.

I actually have started reading some military science books from the library.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.