The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Amazing Threehorn Girl (song)

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
On Wikipedia, I read the following tidbit:

"The only song (not counting Adventuring and Friends for Dinner) played in the TV series that never shares its original melody is The Amazing Threehorn Girl. People who have seen the episode believe that the theme for the song is original. They also believe that the song melodically different than other songs played on this show."

However, before I'd even finished hearing it for the first time, I immediately recognized the melody from somewhere else. I don't know where, but I'm absolutely positive I've heard that tune from somewhere. Does any one else recall it, maybe from one of the movies?

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
If you mean the amazing threehorn girl celebration cheesy song, it was taken from "beyond the mysterious beyond" in LBT 7.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That makes things easier to keep the music the same and change the lyrics.  It may also be something young kids like and may make it easier for them to learn the song and sing along to the song in the future.

Chikara

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Feb 2 2008 on  09:48 AM
If you mean the amazing threehorn girl celebration cheesy song, it was taken from "beyond the mysterious beyond" in LBT 7.
You think so? I didn't think it sounded like that.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Yeah, that was it. Thanks!

Chikara, The reason you might not have recognized the tune right away might be that they didn't play the melody straight through, they cut parts out and rearranged them. I mean the song starts off with the chorus, and then sings the introduction tune, then reverts back to the chorus. The most recognizable part is near the end when they sing "All hail the Amazing Threehorn Girl" and then a second group chimes in about 3/4 of the way through with "...the Amazing threehorn girl..." The exact same trick is done near the end of "Mysterious beyond."