The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

First Land Before Time Film

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Oddly enough I think it might have been 3 on a rental VHS for me! Took me a while to realize there were more.

Compsognathus

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I remember, that it was VI, Secret of Saurus Rock. I remember, that I liked it, and in following weeks I watched another LBT movies, which were accessible at the shop, V, VIII, and XI.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
I saw the original way back when it was first in theaters.
Oh, that's cool! :duckyhappy

You know, as I was reading through this thread and getting ready to respond, I was thinking to myself, I'm surprised I never commented in here before. Then I come up to my previous post that I'd totally forgotten about, haha.

I don't remember the first LBT film I ever saw, as it was so long ago. #1-3, 5-6 were the ones I saw as a kid (the rest I saw later as an adult), so it would've been one of those five films. Of those, I have a feeling it might be the original, but I really can't say for sure.
While I'm still not completely sure, my gut feeling is that it was the original I saw first. Especially given that my family owned the original on VHS, but we didn't have any of the sequels (which I watched at my elementary school).
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 11:49:19 PM by StardustSoldier »

Nanotyrannus

• Junior synonym
  • Chomper
  • i'll put something here eventually
    • View Profile
Though I don't plainly remember what my first LBT movie was, I have reasons to believe that it was - of all of the entries for me to be introduced to the series through - movie 11.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 11:10:06 PM by Nanotyrannus »

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • The Gang of Five's Yellow Belly fan
    • View Profile
I think the first one I saw was either the oringial or IX.

ducky_25

• Member+
  • Ruby
    • View Profile
My first film was LBT VII (The Stone of Cold Fire).

Let me take that back, that was back in a while.

REAL: it was actually the great valley adventure. I watch this all the time since I was little and I still love it. Fills so much nostalgic

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
Obviously the first film I watched was the original, although I never saw the full thing until 2019 when HBO added the first 10 films (that was when I got into the franchise).

00not_nathan00

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • instagram
I cant remember the first movie I believe it was maybe LBT IV  :PAli  but im unsure   
Still waiting for the bluth cut

Rattymon

• Chomper
    • View Profile
First one I saw was the original, just over a year ago!  :littlefoot:)

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • The Gang of Five's Yellow Belly fan
    • View Profile
I honestly can't remember since I think I started watching the films when I was 3 I believe. It might have been the original or one of the sequels. But I do know that the first ones I got on DVD were the original, The Great Valley Adventure, and Journey to Big Water.
Edit: I forgot that I had already replied to this thread. Whoops. :PLoofah
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 10:54:12 PM by LittleDas75 »

Vincent

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
For me, it was definitely the First Movie

But so long back I can't recall the specific year...probably very early 90's

gutza1

• Chomper
    • View Profile
The first for me was VIII, which was lucky because it was definitely one of the best sequels in my opinion. I later watched the original and VII-X, then tried to watch some of the others on Youtube back before the copyright was as strongly enforced. This was all before I turned 10, BTW.
"This song is new to me, but I am honored to be a part of it."
-Solanum

The Mr. E's science advisor and the GoF's resident spaceflight enthusiast