The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Would you ever believe...

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
This has just happened today, and I'm still in shock right now.

For a long time, my family and I have been normal possessors of Sony Playstation and Nintendo handheld systems.  We have PS original and 2, and some of us also possess GameBoy Color, Advance, & DS.  About a while ago, my brother and I are currently saving up for a PS3, but that will take a while.

Anyway, here's the kicker...  Just recently, an old friend of the family has sent a package of gifts.  Among them...a limited edition Gears of War 3 XBox360 game console!!!  NOW...I've got to seek out some new games for this console too!

So, my brother will try to get Transformers games, and I know the 1st games on my list will be Soul Calibur V & Ace Combat:  Assault Horizon.  Other games I like are fighting, racing, RT-strategies, and flight sims.

Are there any personal recommendations for good games?

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
You like racing games MK? Nascar/Gran Turismo racers, kart racers, or both?

That's awesome, by the way!  :)

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie85,Feb 7 2012 on  05:27 AM
Internet Rule: Pics or it didn't happen.
When will you learn that those rules were created as one of the biggest jokes ever?

Anyways, one game I highly recommend that should be on ANYONE'S list for XBox 360 is the Mass Effect games.  Even if you are not into third-person shooters, (like myself) these games end up being VERY enjoyable.  Not to mention you really can't argue with how great their stories are.

In the end, it is one game you shouldn't be without in your collection.

Also, Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City!  Seriously, Buy them!  They're awesome!

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
It maybe a joke and it's also true if he doesn't have pictures than it never happened.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
If you like fighting games, get Mortal Kombat. It's the best fighter out right now. Soul Calibur V is supposed to be pretty good. I would stay clear of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. It's really only suited for hardcore fighters that spend endless hours perfecting combos and stuff. Unless you are into that, then go for it.

In terms of racing, the Forza Motorsport series is the best choice. It's the most realistic racing sim on the 360 at this point, and Forza 4 is incredible.

I'm not too good with flight sims though, so you're on your own with that one.

The Mass Effect games are phenomenal. Especially with the third game coming out next month. Definitely a must own.

Batman Arkham City is another one. Definitely the best superhero game out right now. It is that good.

If you are in to first person shooters, then that's a whole different playing field because there are so many out there. Most people will definitely say go for either Call of Duty, Halo Reach, or Battlefield. I don't want to start a fanboy war or anything so I'll just say if you want any help with these you can PM me ;)

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm still having trouble posting pics here, so I guess for some of you then it didn't happen... :crazy

Anyway, so far I've set up somewhat of a list of games I became interested in getting:

Mortal Kombat (a duh, since the family between us have Mortal Kombat 2 to Armageddon)

Street Fighter vs Tekken

Forza Motorsport (I love Gran Turismo, but that's in the Playstation region) most racing I like is sort of like the Le Mans, F1, & GT series (I like seeing more than constant left turns :lol )

Ace Combat:  Assault Horizon

Blazing Angels

Soul Calibur V

Apache:  Air Assault

R.U.S.E.

Naval Assault:  The Killing Tide (I always wanted to try a submarine sim)

Armored Core V

Worms

Panzer General:  Allied Assault

Command & Conquer

Battlestations

Dynasty Warriors

Split/Second

And maybe a few more...

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Ah that is a pretty nice list of games right there.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
I got Soul Calibur V a few days ago. It feels a little different to the last one, but it's a really good game.

Like other people have said, the Mass Effect games are well worth getting. They give you a lot of freedom in terms of the story, and apparently everything you did in the first two will have some effect in the third one.

I'd also recommend Red Dead Redemption. It's got one of the best stories I've ever played, and the multiplayer can be quite fun too.

The friend who sent you the package sounds awesome  :D