The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Saddest animated films ever??

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Tell me the saddest animated films you've ever seen and what scene got to you.

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
The only one I can think of that actually made me cry was PokÈmon 8: Mew and the Wave-Guiding Hero. The scenes of both Aaron-sama's and Rukario's deaths made me cry. Aaron-sama moreso, due to his monologue about life (it isn't as cheesy as it sounds, believe me). The Land Before Time made tears well up in my eyes, during Littlefoot's mother's death scene. Um. Bambi made me have nightmares, but ah...hmm. That's it, I think. It's pretty hard to make me cry.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Hmmm....tough one really.  I think the cake taker in my book had to be the first time I watched Watership Down (the film) and Hazel died.  That got to me, don't ask me why since I had read the book and I knew how it ended so I should have expected it.  Maybe its just the way they animated that scene....yes he's gone, but his spirit lives on.  You don't often see a spirit rise out of a lifeless body.

Ratiasu, that's a sad moment for sure, but I guess the only reason it didn't tear jerk me like WD did is because we knew it was coming the moment Rukario said he realized what would happen if he tried to revitalize Mew.  Maybe just the sense of knowing that he wasn't going to make it changed the perspective.

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~sorawtk
Saddest animated film? Hmmm, tough one...

The death of Bambi's mother really got to me, pretty sad scene.

Brother Bear's ending got to me as well, when Koda and his mother told each other goodbye after Kenai turned back into a bear to take care of Koda. And of course the confession scene, the way Koda looked when Kenai told him the truth about his mother being dead, it really got to me how broken up he got and ran off, the background song also deepened the emotion there.

Mufasa's death in The Lion King was another tear jerker, I cried during that scene but my cousin came out of the theaters in tears XD

I believe that's all so far that I can remember.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
My List:

1. Bambi (for obvious reasons)
2. The Lion King (its based on Shakespear, enough said)
3. Princess Mononoke (where to begin? the star is a prince searching for the cure to his curse that will kill him, the other main human chracters for pulverizing an ancient, secred forest for so they can make bullets, and its gets worse from there)
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Ratiasu

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Jan 14 2007 on  04:12 PM
Princess Mononoke (where to begin? the star is a prince searching for the cure to his curse that will kill him, the other main human chracters for pulverizing an ancient, secred forest for so they can make bullets, and its gets worse from there)
Oh yeah, that was a pretty depressing movie, especially when the Forests's Spirit was transforming into the Nightwalker and Lad Eboshi shot off its head. But at least it ended on a happy note. Somewhat.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
"Old Yeller" isn't animated, but yes, that was easily one of the more depressing children's movies I've ever had to sit through.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Fox and the Hound(Most depressing Disney movie I have ever seen in a really long time)

All Dog's Go to Heaven

Bambi

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Here's my list:

Plague Dogs: The ending with "Time & Tide" :cry2

Watership Down: Fiver's vision to "Bright Eyes"

Land Before Time: You guys should know this.

and a lot of the Disney classics.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Geez!  This is tough for me based on ONE simple fact... I've never cried during a sad scene on animated films.

I downloaded the torrent for Watership Down and Princess Mononoke and can agree with both of those being quite sad for their respective reasons that were already mentioned.

Spirited Away is also a sad one.  The way the girl nearly lost her parents by them turning into pigs.  She also nearly lost her name.  That's really sad.

"Bestest Friends" from LBT 10.  One of the saddest songs I've ever heard.  It was even more emotional with the possibility of Littlefoot leaving.  That one really choked me up.

I could go on with the list of sad films.  In the end, I just can't choose. -_-

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Oh, and might I add "Charlotte's Web" as being one of the most tearjerking cartoons of all time? Just thinking of the song "Mother Earth & Father Time" reduces me to tears. :(  :cry  :cry2

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I also agree with you guys about Mew & The Wave Guiding Hero. Just now saw it, and it's quite sad. :(

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I gotta say that the saddest animated film would have to be the original land before time when Littlefoot's mother dies and Bambi was pretty bad too.  That's one reason I don't really watch those movies anymore.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I hope I didn't read that as "I don't watch the original LBT film anymore because of Littlefoot's mother's death scene."

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I gotta say that the saddest animated film would have to be the original land before time when Littlefoot's mother dies and Bambi was pretty bad too.
That would have to be mine as well because of the lack of animated movies i've seen.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Arn't that many I can think of...It's mostly non-cartoons or an animated series...but for those selections I would say...

Non-animated film
* Bridge to Terabithia
* Titanic

Animated TV series
* The Animals of Farthing Wood. I welled up when Badger met Mole's family and didn't know what Vixen meant by "Mole isn't with us", and when Badger died. As sad as those were, I am most saddened by Sinuous' murdur  :cry2 ...even sadder when Adder came looking for him and when she found him  :cry . Poor Adder and Sinuous.

AH! Here we go!
Animated short film but...
*The Origin of Mewtwo. If you don't know about it, it's a short when Mewtwo was...basically a baby (and very cute too at that!) and he made friends with Amber, who was Fuji's deceased daughter and he was trying to bring her back to life. So, apart from Amber and Mewtwo, there was a Charmander, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur being cloned. The sad part about this is that Charmander, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur failed (died), and then Amber did too. She and Mewtwo were just becoming friends and Mewtwo cried when she went.  
Here's a clip that was not in "Mewtwo strikes Back". You'll understand why it's so sad!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fTp0AXtCtI
 :cry

*Nausicaa...that poor baby Ohm  :( !

Achillobator

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.deviantart.com
Quote from: Ptyra,Jul 24 2007 on  12:34 PM
Arn't that many I can think of...It's mostly non-cartoons or an animated series...but for those selections I would say...

Non-animated film
* Bridge to Terabithia
* Titanic

Animated TV series
* The Animals of Farthing Wood. I welled up when Badger met Mole's family and didn't know what Vixen meant by "Mole isn't with us", and when Badger died. As sad as those were, I am most saddened by Sinuous' murdur  :cry2 ...even sadder when Adder came looking for him and when she found him  :cry . Poor Adder and Sinuous.

AH! Here we go!
Animated short film but...
*The Origin of Mewtwo. If you don't know about it, it's a short when Mewtwo was...basically a baby (and very cute too at that!) and he made friends with Amber, who was Fuji's deceased daughter and he was trying to bring her back to life. So, apart from Amber and Mewtwo, there was a Charmander, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur being cloned. The sad part about this is that Charmander, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur failed (died), and then Amber did too. She and Mewtwo were just becoming friends and Mewtwo cried when she went.  
Here's a clip that was not in "Mewtwo strikes Back". You'll understand why it's so sad!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fTp0AXtCtI
 :cry

*Nausicaa...that poor baby Ohm  :( !

OMG! AH D: You ruined the series for me </3 Badger AND mole die? Well I have no reason to watch that >.>

Anyways, OMG! I love the uncut mewtwo's origin <3 *hugs and clings* I was just gonna post it myself :p

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Just a couple.

-The wedding video scene from The Simpsons Movie

-Raphael's lament from TMNT 2007

-Tommy and Dil in the storm in The Rugrats Movie

-Kenai's confession in Brother Bear

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
...even sadder when Adder came looking for him and when she found him  . Poor Adder and Sinuous.

On the bright side, she did go on a killing spree as revenge.