The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Cloudy with a chance of meatballs

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
For those who don't know about it Cloudy with a chance of meatballs was a book about a town where the sky supplied its food. Now they've made a movie about it. Here is the trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP9wtdwgeok. After watching the trailer it's the worst movie I've ever seen! This is going to be even worse than Titanic the animated musical! Why make a movie out of a 15 or so page book :confused ? It makes no sense :anger ! If you make a movie out of a book like Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs you might as well call it "we're just gonna make up our version cause we're greedy and we don't care if we destroy your favorite childhood book. In conclusion this is one movie I will not see I'd rather read the book at least the book makes more sense!

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I read the book in second grade and I loved it. Yeah the move looks horrible. the pizzas shooting at us? :rolleyes:  still tjhough to be as bad as Titanic the animated Musical takes some serious suckitude, this filn is going to be bad , but imo not epic bad..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Jul 25 2009 on  05:34 PM
I read the book in second grade and I loved it. Yeah the move looks horrible. the pizzas shooting at us? :rolleyes:  still tjhough to be as bad as Titanic the animated Musical takes some serious suckitude, this filn is going to be bad , but imo not epic bad..
Have you actually seen that whole movie? I hear it's extremely rare (though I don't see why) I saw clips of this from the Nostalgia Critic's video. And let me tell you those clips alone is enough to make me hurl. I mean I like rappers as much as anything else but a Rapping dog? Seriously that's the best thing they could come up with?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yes I saw the Nostagia critic panning- er review of it.. I've already gone on in length in the thread about the film, how bad it is..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Yeah, Cloudy and Where The Wild Things Are, both are like short books with movies coming out. Both look terrible. I won't be seeing either. I used to like the Wild Things when I was little, too.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I got out of having to read this in second grade.  Instead I read some story with a couple of children who visited some place where the people ate only for enjoyment, not because of physical need.  I have no clue what the story was called or what it was about.  I fudged the report on the internet and didn't read much of the story. :p

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Where the Wild Things are doesn't look as bad as cloudy, but its not great either..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Jul 26 2009 on  01:52 AM
Where the Wild Things are doesn't look as bad as cloudy, but its not great either..
True. But (Now, I can't remember the book very well) the movie just looks like it focuses on some kid's imagination. Something about his parents thinks he's weird or something like that. I could be very wrong, but I don't even remember a kid in the book. I only remember liking the monsters. I understand that they can't make a feature film with just 15 pages on material, but if they have to fill in some of the story, I wish they would make it a good storyline.

The monsters don't look very cool either.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I'm not the kind of person that can get excited about such illogical happenings in a book/movie.  Water into food?  Seriously!?  I wish they'd start making ORIGINAL things in movies instead of looking 10 years in the past for something that can make them a quick buck. <_<

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I might even end up seeing where the wild things are. Just for the hell of it. But I am steering clear of this movie.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Where the Wild Things Are was one of my favorite childhood books, but why are they making a movie based on it like ten years after the book was written? Just another excuse to overuse CGI in my opinion. I fear this movie will probably ruin the book.

As for Cloudy, pretty much the same thing. This might not be a smart decision for Anna Farris, who has made a sucessful career with movies such as the Scary Movie series (which I find hysterical) and House Bunny (also pretty funny), but now she's resorting to this? Probably will ruin the book also.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It will the town in the movie has a different name from the book. What the name Chew and Swallow the name of the town in the book wasn't good enough?! I bet it will have some annoying song that will ruin the movie and piss people who have read the book off.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: f-22 "raptor" ace,Jul 25 2009 on  05:04 PM
For those who don't know about it Cloudy with a chance of meatballs was a book about a town where the sky supplied its food. Now they've made a movie about it. Here is the trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP9wtdwgeok. After watching the trailer it's the worst movie I've ever seen! This is going to be even worse than Titanic the animated musical! Why make a movie out of a 15 or so page book :confused ? It makes no sense :anger ! If you make a movie out of a book like Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs you might as well call it "we're just gonna make up our version cause we're greedy and we don't care if we destroy your favorite childhood book. In conclusion this is one movie I will not see I'd rather read the book at least the book makes more sense!
Dude, no offense, but I don't think you can really tell the quality of a movie based on a trailer. And yeah, it's a fifteen-page book, but they made a movie out of Winnie the Pooh, and look at how popular that was.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Looks like it could have funny scenes in a mindless funny way, not sure if it'll be a good movie.  And a kid inventor.  Though he becomes an adult later in the movie from the looks of it, the kid inventor scenes reminded me of the Jimmy Neutron movie.  Maybe meet the robinsons too, but I've not seen that movie beyond the trailer.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
It appears I'm the only one, but I thought it looked pretty good. Course I never read the book it was based off of (nor knew it even existed until f-22 mentioned it), and I don't watch TV, so I'm definitely an outsider.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I don't watch tv.  Not even pbs.  So don't feel like you're the only one who does not watch tv.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I only watch the Daily Show and Colbert Report, and occasionally a Star Trek or two.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
This sounds like a good movie to me. ^_^
I like those underdog stories and odd stories. This seems to be a pretty original film.

thebigdeal

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://youtube.com/BigDealStudios
i just saw the movie
it was actually awesome, but not like the book