The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Saddest Movie Scenes Ever!

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Basically the title.  Put up the Saddest Movie Scenes you have ever seen.

I'll start.  Just about EVERY freaking movie Disney has ever made has something sad in it!  The Death of Simba's Father, Alice Finding Herself Lost, Ms. Jumbo Getting Chained and Shackled... I could go on!  Sheesh!  Can't they make ANY movie without something sad in it for once?  Even the most recent one, Wall-e, had a sad moment in it.  I mean, the robot we come to know and love gets crushed?  How could they go and do that?  Darn!  They always find a way to make us sad. :(

Well, your turn people.  List the saddest movie scenes you've ever seen.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I agree on the Disney movies being so freaking sad! I mean they are supposed to be a family experience? How are younger children going to respond to death in such movies? Come on!!!!!!!!

Anyway, there are so many sad scenes I have suffered through, but possibly the worst for me is Titanic. Pretty much the last 20 minutes where the ship is sinking, it leave such an impact on me! Normally I can handle death in movies because I know in most cases the characters are fictional and the event happening would never happen in real life. Titanic retold factual events, so the majority of the things in the movie happened. I never truly understood how the thousands of people on the ship died until I first watched the movie.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Honestly, one of the saddest scenes I can think of was in the movie "Mask", which is about the life of Rocky Dennis, a young man who had a bad case of rhinitis and had dreams of traveling through Europe on a Harley with his best friend.  The best friend ultimately bailed out, and poor Rocky died a couple of days later from complications.  He was only sixteen years old.  The night he died, he went in his room and removed every pushpin he had on a map of Europe of all the places he wanted to see.  After his mother (played by Cher) found him and started mourning, she saw the empty map.  She then picked up a handful of pushpins and said, "Now you can go anywhere baby." just before she started to push the pushpins back in allover the map of Europe.  That really impacted me, and was even the inspiration for my map with pushpins placed over all the places I've been (as posted in the "Show Us Something Awesome" thread).  The fact that this was a true story made it that much sadder.  R.I.P. Rocky Dennis :cry2.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I cannot come up with a superlative claiming any other scene less sad than this one, but the end of "The Green Mile" certainly did push me over the edge of tears.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Jan 15 2009 on  06:19 AM
I cannot come up with a superlative claiming any other scene less sad than this one, but the end of "The Green Mile" certainly did push me over the edge of tears.
Agreed.  I could not be an executioner by all means.

Two other movie scenes that never fail to turn my waterworks on are the scene in "The Fox and the Hound" when Widow Tweed drops Todd off in the game preserve, and the scene in the original animated "Charlotte's Web" when Charlotte dies :cry.

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
There were many scenes that are sad. But the scene from "The Fox and the Hound" where the Lady drops Todd in the forest and in the end made me almost cry.  :cry2

• Spike
    • View Profile
I would say that the ending of T2 is pretty sad

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Titantic was pretty said.. another was one was the funeral scene in my girl where Veda says goodbye to Thomas J. I teared up when I first saw it..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I actually made it through Titaic without a tear but teared up in Lilo and Stitch when Lilo was about to be taken away.

Oh, and you can't make it through Marley and Me without tears, so just forget it! Most tears ever with the drug out "putting down" scene!

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Saddest movie scenes?

-When Littlefoot's mother dies
-When Bambi's mother dies (or when he finds out from the Great Prince)
-When Mufasa dies
-When Dumbo is reunited with his mother, although she is incarcarated in that holding pen and there are scenes of the babies with their mothers/parents asleep.

NaNaNa

• Spike
    • View Profile
If anyone's ever seen Cats Don't Dance, one of the best animated movies out there, one scene during and after one of the movie's songs, where Danny gets booted out of Hollywood and walks away in the rain, that one's pretty heartbreaking

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: NaNaNa,Mar 6 2009 on  11:35 PM
If anyone's ever seen Cats Don't Dance, one of the best animated movies out there, one scene during and after one of the movie's songs, where Danny gets booted out of Hollywood and walks away in the rain, that one's pretty heartbreaking
I have always wanted to see that. But, unfortunately that movie is so hard to find around my area now. I have seen a few scenes when cartoon Network shows it. At least I think that was what the movie was. Doess CDD happen to have a evil little girl in it who tries to get the animals kicked out of Hollywood? From what I saw it was a good movie all though I didn't see the scene in question.

Saddest movie scenes I have ever seen

An American Tail (Can't name a scene just the whole darn movie was so depressing)

When Mufasa dies

When Bambi's mother dies

In Lady and the Tramp and you think Trusty is dead and Jock howls sadly

In Bambi II when you think Bambi is dead

In Oliver and Company when you think Oliver is dead.

In All Dogs go to Heaven when Charlie has to go back to Heaven.

In Bolt when Bolt and Penny are caught in that fire.

The Fox and the Hound when Widow Tweed has to drive Tod and leave him in that forest and the end.

Marley and Me when Marley dies

Where the Red Fern grown where those other dogs have to die.

Homeward Bound when you think Shadow didn't make it all the way back home.

NaNaNa

• Spike
    • View Profile
Yes indeed, Cats Don't Dance has that evil Shirley Temple-esque girl who tries to get all the animals kicked out of Hollywood. That movie is really insanely hard to find, but if you ever get the chance to see the whole thing on cartoon network or something, go for it. Its amazing

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: NaNaNa,Mar 7 2009 on  12:35 PM
Yes indeed, Cats Don't Dance has that evil Shirley Temple-esque girl who tries to get all the animals kicked out of Hollywood. That movie is really insanely hard to find, but if you ever get the chance to see the whole thing on cartoon network or something, go for it. Its amazing
I may just have to resort on buying it from Amazon.I'm sure I could find a copy on some website for a good amount.

crazedwriter

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://crazedwriter.lbbhost.com/index.html
Gee you guys just about covered all my favorite movies, almost.  Of course the saddest of those are:

Littlefoot's mother's death,

Mufasa

Bambi's mother (tastefully off-camera but still packs a potent punch)

When Quasimodo gets heckled at the FoF

When we think Esmeralda is dead.

The Color Purple: Celie and Nettie are forced apart

GWTW: Melanie dies :cry

The Champ: The champ is dies after the fight (btw see the old Wallace Beery version, it's worth it!)

Imitation of Life: When Sarah Jane finally accepts who she is and comes home too late. Her mother has died.

Titanic: When Rose realizes Jack is dead

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Oooh, Cats Don't Dance is fantastic. I think it might still be up on YouTube, but I don't know, they've really been cracking down lately.

Kenai's confession scene in Brother Bear was really sad, I thought.

NaNaNa

• Spike
    • View Profile
Right, I just remembered, I saw Coraline a few weeks ago. The part where she's at home alone with her parents trapped and she started crying in the bed, that was pretty sad

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkWolf91,Mar 7 2009 on  10:53 PM
Oooh, Cats Don't Dance is fantastic. I think it might still be up on YouTube, but I don't know, they've really been cracking down lately.

Kenai's confession scene in Brother Bear was really sad, I thought.
Ohhhh, Yeah I forgot that one. "Koda your mom's not coming back" :cry2  :cry2  :(