The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Saddest Movie Scenes Ever!

• Spike
    • View Profile
Where the Red Fern grown where those other dogs have to die.

watched that right after getting our black lab because our friend at the video rental place told us that it had a happy ending. OMG :cry

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Bridge to Terabithia: when Jess returns home to find out Leslie is dead

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: Cedrics Death

10th Kingdom: Virginia's Mother dies

Land Before Time: Littlefoots Mothers death

Armageddon: when Harry(Dad) is telling Grace(Daughter) Goodbye

Pirates of the Caribbean At Worlds End: Everyone's death! I cried the most for Davy Jones though.

There are more, but im not going to list them unless it's okay.

Spartanguy88

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I am Legend

The scene where Robert's dog becomes infected, and is forced to put it down.

I really liked that dog in that movie; I was seriously sad when it died.

Littlefoot3897

• Spike
    • View Profile
mine are

-Lion king -when Mufasa dies
-Fox and the Hound- the ending
-Land Before Time- when Littlefoots mom dies
-Bambi- when Bambis mom dies
-Charlotte's Webs [not the cartoon] when Charlotte dies
-Brother Bear- the confession
-Harry Potter 4- Cerdrics death *imagines what the 6th one is going to be like with Dumbordores death*
and more that I can say at the moment [TOO MANY]

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The scene featuring Order 66 in Revenge of the Sith really captured the emotion behind the action, and it kind of depressed me a bit for the rest of the film. The destruction of the Hometree in Avatar was pretty unnerving, too. Same goes for the Vulcan scenes in Star Trek.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
(Spoiler, for those who have not seen the Princess and the Frog")

Ray's death. My mom was very surprised that he died. It had already been spoiled to me by TGWTG (Bum Reviews), but it was still incredibly sad to watch...especially after he seemed to be crunched...then didn't.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^^I agree on that Ptyra.

Seriously, they kill off the comedy relief of the film?  What is wrong with Disney here? :(

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Cedric's death
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - Dumbledore's death
Princess and the Frog - Ray's death

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Mar 28 2010 on  07:38 PM
^^I agree on that Ptyra.

Seriously, they kill off the comedy relief of the film?  What is wrong with Disney here? :(
^ Yeeesss, so yesss :( . Poor, poor Jenny.

Ray was such a sweet character too. He wasn't just the comic relief, but he definately presents a much better boyfriend model than a certain "vampire"

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The ending of District 9 was also pretty depressing. I'm really impressed with how riled up that film got me.

The death of Spock in Star Trek II also comes to mind as being wonderfully saddening. My favorite sad scene out of any film, however, has to go to the Empire Strikes Back's Carbon Freeze scene. They totally make it seem like they're killing of Han, and his "I know." to Leia's "I love you!" was just too poetic to ignore. Sure, the ending of Revenge of the Sith was sad and depressing, but it never achieved it's level of sentimentality quite like Empire did.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Does that "vampire" sparkle by any chance? XD

Another one to add for me is in Wall-E.....when Wall-E gets crushed by the plant thing in the middle of the room and EVE is trying to free him.....that's just sad, and later on when it seems like Wall-E has forgotten all about EVE.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh yes. That vampire sparkles.

That scene in Wall-E was incredibly sad too.

I gotta say that the scene in Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood where Pride absorbs Gluttony was pretty darn sad. Poor villain :( . Mostly when he called for Lust to save him, when of course, she was dead. In fact, all the scenes in FMA where Gluttony wants Lust are pretty darn sad for me...in both versions, in fact (especially the first).

Ah, and Hoinhiem learning Tricia (Elric's) last words. That poor, poor man :(

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ptyra,Mar 29 2010 on  03:05 PM
Oh yes. That vampire sparkles.
I knew it! Stupid spakling vampires....that is not a curse! It's just lame is all! XD

It is, in a way, sad on how Rachel dies in the Dark Knight, poor Harvey Dent, being torn up over her death you know.  Never a good scene when something like that happens.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
My List

1. The inevitable tragic scene of EVERY Disney film ever made. Whether it be you-know-when in Old Yeller, Baby Mine in Dumbo, Bambi's mother's, Mufasa (oh, God, Mufasa :( :cry ) in The Lion King, the village in Mulan, Aladdin's "Street Rat" dark reprise after that snobby prince mocks him at the beginning, Kala losing her baby in Tarzan, Todd's owner having to abandon him in Fox and the Hound, Grumpy breaking down into tears in Snow White, Penny in The Rescuers (just...just Penny), that horrible moment when you think Baloo has viciously killed by Shere Kahn in Jungle Book, and the end of Little Matchstick Girl (haven't seen it? Go out and find it. Just be prepared).
2. The resolve of any Secret Garden film ever made.
3. Citizen Kane
4. Colonel Shaw's death in Glory
5. Pick a scene with Jor-El from the Christopher Reeve Superman films. ANY scene.
6. Gandalf and Boromir's final scenes in Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring.
7. Any scene with Sean Astin's Samwise in Return of the King.
8. "Earn...this..." Tom Hanks's final words in Saving Private Ryan.
9. Speaking of Spielberg...Schindler's List. That is all.
10. In any The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe version, Aslan at the Stone Table.
11. As Malte has already said: The Green Mile. You know the scene.
12. Blade Runner. Don't know? Watch it.
13. The death of Hector in the otherwise lackluster Troy film. It doesn't help that Eric Bana made him the only likeable character in the whole film.
14. It's a Wonderful Life. I don't even know where to start with this one...
15. Short Circuit 2. Johnny Five dragged to the ground and brutally beaten within an inch of his life all the while begging his assaulters to stop.
16. Pick a scene from the latter parts of Forrest Gump. Just pick one.
17. Draco's death at the end of dragonheart. I have a strong fondness for dragons, so having a particularly likeable one like Draco die to tragically really did me in.
18. The end of any well-done Hamlet adaptation.
19. Heck the end of ANY well-done Shakespear tragedy, and some of his comedies.
20. Joyeau Noel, a retelling of the World War I Christmas cease fires. The soldiers trying not to kill each other after that really got to me.
21. "They look like big, strong hands, don't they?"
22. The closing scenes of ANY of the last three Harry Potter films.
23. The "Where They Are Now" segment of Apollo 13, where you find most of the crew died before ever getting back into space.
24. The Iron Giant. You know when.
25. The original and Peter Jackson versions of King Kong. You know.
26. Passion of the Christ. The whole dang thing. This is a film that renders even non-Christians to tears, so picture how *I* completely lost it while watching it.
27. Ever seen The Boy in Striped Pajamas? Make sure you catch the end.
28. The final bits of Marley and Me. As a dog owner, myself, well...
29. Finding out what happened to Hub's wife in Secondhand Lions.
30. The tragic bits of any well-done adaptation of any Charles Dickins book, ever.
31. The finale of Montoya's character arc in The Princess bride.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
You know, the destruction of Vulcan wasn't the saddest part at all in the new Star Trek. I don't know what I was thinking. George Kirk's death was one of the most tragic things I've seen in a film in a while, and certainly one, if not THE most emotional scene out of anything Trek.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Some for me:
Mufasa's death in TLK.
An American Tail, pretty much as a whole.
The rack trap in Saw III.
The carousel trap in Saw VI.

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
Most of mine are Animals of Farthing Wood deaths if I don't count LBT, and there aren't any movies that have deaths I think are sad.
  • Bold's death
  • Scarface's death
  • Badger's death
  • Mr. Pheasant's death (second time I watched season 1)
  • Sinuous's death
Not many other movies or tv series have had deaths that make me sad. Most of those I listed were main characters (except for Mr. Pheasant).

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The Alamo (2004 version)-  Just the whole movie.  More specifically,
this part.

Sound the Bugle from Spirit.  You really have to have seen the movie to understand why this scene is depressing.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: jedi472,Mar 28 2010 on  08:55 PM
The ending of District 9 was also pretty depressing. I'm really impressed with how riled up that film got me.

The death of Spock in Star Trek II also comes to mind as being wonderfully saddening. My favorite sad scene out of any film, however, has to go to the Empire Strikes Back's Carbon Freeze scene. They totally make it seem like they're killing of Han, and his "I know." to Leia's "I love you!" was just too poetic to ignore. Sure, the ending of Revenge of the Sith was sad and depressing, but it never achieved it's level of sentimentality quite like Empire did.
Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker's death and funeral in Return Of The Jedi was also kind of sad.

Also, Warbeak's death in the "Mattimeo, A Tale Of Redwall" book and TV series, you knew it was coming but Warbeak herself was one of the most likeable characters ever and seeing her die was extremely sad.

Not to mention that scene in "The Secret Of NIMH" where Mrs. Brisby finds out about what happened to her husband.Sure it didn't seem that depressing but the thought of it was pretty sad.